Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The house that Johnny built, is it that offensive!?

6,780 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgCPA
FabricatorAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
OP starts a ton of crap threads... Not sure if really stupid, or obvious troll. Either way his shtick is tired.

Created account last season/ really started posting during DC search:

Stirring the pot on Charis (backfired?)
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2580700

Sumlin to NFL
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2583294

Talking trash about Daylon Mack
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2583240/0

Malik crap + rage
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2584075

Definitely not a troll, God forbid someone give their own opinion or talk of hear say regarding Aggie football. Moron, anything I write on this forum is football related and has twice the substance you'd see from a beveledAg and that bunch. Take a walk..
mongey donk
AG
quote:
quote:
Renovation was in planning stage before johnny.

I challenge that..
Renovation plans started back before 2009. The plan had 3 phases- update seating on west side and adding chair backs, remove temporary bleachers in south endzone and build permanent seats, update restroom/concession facilities on east & west sides.

When the SEC talks became serious, the renovation plan quickly escalated from the few updates to a complete renovation or tear down and rebuild conversation.

JFF helped raise the profile of the school and the new stadium, but the stadium was coming even when we all thought Showers was our guy...
wasabi1787
AG
quote:
quote:
OP starts a ton of crap threads... Not sure if really stupid, or obvious troll. Either way his shtick is tired.

Created account last season/ really started posting during DC search:

Stirring the pot on Charis (backfired?)
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2580700

Sumlin to NFL
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2583294

Talking trash about Daylon Mack
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2583240/0

Malik crap + rage
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2584075

Definitely not a troll, God forbid someone give their own opinion or talk of hear say regarding Aggie football. Moron, anything I write on this forum is football related and has twice the substance you'd see from a beveledAg and that bunch. Take a walk..

And his opinion is that you're a troll.

An opinion of which I'm quite sure the majority will agree with.
spence10
AG
There's a lot of moving parts that everyone seems to weigh differently. I personally value our move to the SEC by itself much less than many you do.

In my mind, had we moved to the SEC Johnny-less and gone 4-8 that first season, the hype surrounding our university would not have been there. It would have been another "rebuilding season" at best - something we've been accustomed to for the better half of the last decade.

The SEC move in and of itself was not sufficient in creating even a fraction of what has happened since then, including our bullish plans on the new stadium. It was the perfect storm, and people discounting Johnny's impact seem to have an agenda at showing everyone "we didn't need him" or something. I just embrace the fact that the most entertaining player (on and off the field) decided to come to A&M. The timing could not have been better.
CiboloAg
Dumb crap like this is why football season should be 11 months long.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
It's very condescending in a way. There's so much more to our stadium and program than Johnny manziel. I'm actually pretty surprised the title was taken somewhat seriously

This right here.
Womackster
AG
quote:
All you trolls and Johnny haters, Remember this is not Johnny implying or suggesting lthis. He would outright reject the thought and idea. But I will say this, and all you trolls can hit the road, we will all be 6 under before another Johnny Football shows up in Kyle
How is it hating Johnny to deny that he was responsible for bringing the new Kyle Field? I'm not dissing him. He's the GOAT in my opinion. But facts are facts. This thing was going to happen with or without him. He helped pay for it, but he didn't build it, literally or figuratively.

P.S. You're a whining moran
Fitzwilly
AG
quote:
Was it Sharp? I thought our techtard regent Schwertner came up with it.

You sir win the gold medal. It wasn't Sharp at all. It was Schwertnernerner
shotan23
AG
So it has been definitively proven that it would be factually, historically inaccurate to call it "The House That Johnny Built".

Pretty much addresses OP's question. Thread over.

Next!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
No Johnny - No expansion !
AG1996
stupid stupid idea, and totally inaacurate
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
I don't care what you think,

Why is anyone even replying?
Chickenhawk
quote:
quote:
I don't care what you think,

Why is anyone even replying?

Because i can!
oysterbayAG
AG
It was the " Perfect Storm " ; A&M joining the SEC and Johnny's Heisman Year, breaking the SEC record for total yards etc. , which generated great national notoriety and huge donations to A&M. Actually, Johnny is a walking stimulus package that the Browns are chomping at the bit to unleash ! This season is going to be a very exciting one when the electrifying great one, " Storms " the NFL and brings Glory Days again.
SchizoAg
AG
Kyle Field stood for, what, 105 years before JFF set foot on it?

Calling it "the house that Johnny built" is just extremely disrespectful of all those who came before, and it bespeaks a vast ignorance of the great history of Texas A&M football.
King O Frod
More like "The house that Juan built"
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Kyle Field stood for, what, 105 years before JFF set foot on it?

Calling it "the house that Johnny built" is just extremely disrespectful of all those who came before.

We already show our respect by uncovering for yells, what more do you want?
AusAg32
AG
quote:
All you trolls and Johnny haters, Remember this is not Johnny implying or suggesting lthis. He would outright reject the thought and idea. But I will say this, and all you trolls can hit the road, we will all be 6 under before another Johnny Football shows up in Kyle

Didn't he try to trademark "the house that Johnny built"?
Sq 17
quote:
quote:
we will all be 6 under before another Johnny Football shows up in Kyle

I seriously doubt if in my lifetime I will ever see another A&M qb with a 10-6 conference record and a 4-4 conference record in Kyle
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

He has to do things like that in order to control his name and likeness. If he didn't then you would definitely see shirts being made saying it. This way he can prevent it.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

He has to do things like that in order to control his name and likeness. If he didn't then you would definitely see shirts being made saying it. This way he can prevent it.

That's why I had to trademark "Personal Best gave me a blowjob"
Slwdsm
If you don't want people thinking you are a troll, then don't post stupid threads full of ignorance, speculation and opinion.

If I wanted to see this crap I'd go for the shag... You literally have posted all of their "best" talking points over the last 9 months, that are nothing more than ignorant attempts to discredit Aggie football.

FabricatorAg
quote:
If you don't want people thinking you are a troll, then don't post stupid threads full of ignorance, speculation and opinion.

If I wanted to see this crap I'd go for the shag... You literally have posted all of their "best" talking points over the last 9 months, that are nothing more than ignorant attempts to discredit Aggie football.

Why would I discredit my favorite football team? That's just idiotic. I'm certain I've never posted anything demeaning about A&M or it's football team. Isn't a message board to discuss opinions and speculation? Thought so..If you're this concerned over what I post you either have way too much time on your hands, or overlook true trolls such as BeveledAg and that bunch, most likely because you're nothing but a troll yourself.
Personal Best
AG
Do you pay almost $170 a year to participate in a non rivals message board?
AgCPA
AG
Well, I think realistically to claim that, one would have to argue that had he not been the player he was, that the powers that be would not have been able to beg borrow or donate 500 million. I think he definitely raised interest in the program and established the play on the fields perceived trajectory. I think it is also obvious that without him the 2nd SEC season would have been disastrous. But I don't know that TAMU Former Students and the corporates leasing suites wouldn't have stepped up in that case. I see some under estimating his influence, but most are over estimating it. They were already having to renovate the old part at 100 million min. So they just went ahead with future plans. But saying it doesn't bother me. Really don't care. The new stadium is awesome.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.