Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BOR don't give a S*** about us or Texas A&M

11,061 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rather be fishing
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.goodbullhunting.com/telcoag/2015/5/1/8525549/tamus-board-of-regents-makes-a-statement-on-the-seal-changes

quote:
KBTX, Bryan/College Station, reports that the Texas A&M Board of Regents has issued a statement regarding their decision to change the Texas A&M University seal, and serves as a response to the criticism they've received over the past few days from both current and former students.

At this time, the Board of Regents shows no change in course from their original vote on Wednesday to change the seal, and reiterates that this is part of their "one brand" approach.Specifically, the Board points out the recognizable Block TAM:
The current plan is to change the seal today and let it incorporate naturally into all system campuses over time. That could create an interesting challenge down the road for the University, as the proposed seal may not be fully incorporated into each campus before another change is made the block TAM logo, which has happened multiple times over the past few decades.
Spicewood Ag
AG
They're probably pretty smart.... they've got all the money and there's nothing we can or will do about it
RDH80
AG
"one brand" .....ha sounds like the "one Blinn" agenda over the past several years....
fail
FightingAggie
AG
**** them.
TexanJeff
AG
Seals are not "branding"

They go on Diplomas, we are long sold by then!!!!
Bunk Moreland
"branding" has been the most annoying buzz word at A&M ever since the move to the SEC.

Want to know what won all those "branding" awards and got everyone a hard on for A&M?

Sumlin and Manziel. Without them, there is no "branding" bull**** to strut around about.
95_Aggie
AG
That's what happens when you let marketing folks run things.
TexasAggiesWin
S
powerbiscuit
quote:
"branding" has been the most annoying buzz word at A&M ever since the move to the SEC.

Want to know what won all those "branding" awards and got everyone a hard on for A&M?

Sumlin and Manziel. Without them, there is no "branding" bull**** to strut around about.

translates as, I don't know much about the subject, but everyone is saying "branding" these days
The Collective
AG
When are we going to just tweet out diplomas?

quote:
@TexasAMU: Congrats @CJS4715 on your grad, bro. Chk ur instagram - sent ur diploma to u.
Houstonag
AG
With this kind of attitude they just made a lot of decisions for me in the future very easy.

I will no longer have to worry about schedule conflicts; my checking account will now be larger;
I can buy my kids and grand kids more things; play more golf; the priest will be happier; I will now be able to buy that new dream car; etc.
Aggies1322
AG
Lets do something about it.. fight the power.

But seriously though, we should do something.
7thGenTexan
AG
quote:

Sea Gull
AG
Spineless cowards. There goes my financial contributions.
atxaggie07
AG
The fact that they didn't release the agenda until RIGHT before a vote like that, tells they didn't care what we thought to begin with.
Knife_Party
You people that give to the university should email the BOR and tell them their arrogant attitude has lost them your financial contributions. If you contribute a lot, list the dollar amount.
terata
AG
The guvner appoints the BoR. Write Abbott and stress its YOU, your PARENTS, and Former Students that keep A&M afloat with your money, your taxes and contributions.Also ask Gov. Abbott to invite Robert Gates to sit on our BoR
Kenneth_2003
AG
I emailed the association yesterday and informed them that my 2015 contribution would not be sent due to the BOR meddling and attempts to "fix" what was not broken.
FriscoKid
AG
That is a pretty cocky attitude.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
quote:
I emailed the association yesterday and informed them that my 2015 contribution would not be sent due to the BOR meddling and attempts to "fix" what was not broken.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
quote:

Kenneth_2003
AG
Just sent this to the BOR at BOR@tamus.edu

quote:
Dear Regents,
I need to voice my concerns about what I perceive as your meddling in affairs that required no change, or attempting to fix what was not broken. The statement released this morning does not diminish my concern. I do not see the seal of the University, nor that of the TAMU System as a branding or marketing tool. You even admit this in your statement. "The use of the Texas A&M University seal is reserved for the Office of the President and used in select circumstances." The block TAM is our logo. Logos are for everyday use. We wear them on t-shirts, we paint them on the football field, they're stuck to the bumpers of our vehicles. The seal on the other hand is more reserved. It's use is restricted to official business. It adorns my diploma, and is embossed on an official transcript. The T-Star, along with the rest of the seal has its roots in the Seal of the great state of Texas. It's a shared symbolism, a physical representation of the symbiosis that is shared between the school/system and the state. I know of no school in the country that incorporates their logo in their seal. The two items are separate. They have separate function, separate meaning, and entirely separate uses. Contrary to your opinion, there is no benefit in "branding" to combine the two.

I have equally grave concerns about the use of the Texas A&M University logo for the rest of the system. That is MY school's logo. That logo belongs to Texas A&M University and Texas A&M Galveston. Those two institutions are unique, they're special. It does not belong to Prairie View,
Commerce, Tarleton, West Texas, Kingsville, Corpus Christi, Texarkana, Central Texas, San Antonio, nor any of the 7 agencies. The others I've listed are unique as well. I think it's highly inappropriate for their schools to become governed by the logo of another school. Or is this also an attempt by the system to further blur the distinction between A&M and the other system schools? When I tell people that I went to Texas A&M that alone should leave no doubt what campus I'm referring to.

You stuck this item in as item 51on the consent agenda. You felt this change was so trivial it deserved no debate, no discussion, and no vote. Merely approval by consent. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Sincerely,
Kenneth_2003
FightingAggie
AG
Well said.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Well done, Kenneth.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
quote:

quote:
Dear Regents,
I need to voice my concerns about what I perceive as your meddling in affairs that required no change, or attempting to fix what was not broken. The statement released this morning does not diminish my concern. I do not see the seal of the University, nor that of the TAMU System as a branding or marketing tool. You even admit this in your statement. "The use of the Texas A&M University seal is reserved for the Office of the President and used in select circumstances." The block TAM is our logo. Logos are for everyday use. We wear them on t-shirts, we paint them on the football field, they're stuck to the bumpers of our vehicles. The seal on the other hand is more reserved. It's use is restricted to official business. It adorns my diploma, and is embossed on an official transcript. The T-Star, along with the rest of the seal has its roots in the Seal of the great state of Texas. It's a shared symbolism, a physical representation of the symbiosis that is shared between the school/system and the state. I know of no school in the country that incorporates their logo in their seal. The two items are separate. They have separate function, separate meaning, and entirely separate uses. Contrary to your opinion, there is no benefit in "branding" to combine the two.

I have equally grave concerns about the use of the Texas A&M University logo for the rest of the system. That is MY school's logo. That logo belongs to Texas A&M University and Texas A&M Galveston. Those two institutions are unique, they're special. It does not belong to Prairie View,
Commerce, Tarleton, West Texas, Kingsville, Corpus Christi, Texarkana, Central Texas, San Antonio, nor any of the 7 agencies. The others I've listed are unique as well. I think it's highly inappropriate for their schools to become governed by the logo of another school. Or is this also an attempt by the system to further blur the distinction between A&M and the other system schools? When I tell people that I went to Texas A&M that alone should leave no doubt what campus I'm referring to.

You stuck this item in as item 51on the consent agenda. You felt this change was so trivial it deserved no debate, no discussion, and no vote. Merely approval by consent. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Sincerely,
Kenneth_2003

7thGenTexan
AG
quote:

quote:
Dear Regents,

Sincerely,
Kenneth_2003

I agree with every word. Perfectly stated.
redd38
AG
It's been clear for a long time the BOR doesn't care about Texas A&M. They are only concerned with leaving their mark on Texas A&M without concern to the affect of said mark.
Kenneth_2003
AG
All...

By all means feel free to copy and re-send.

Edit to add (because I apparently confused Frisco) change the closing to accurately portray your own identity.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
All...

But, my name isn't Kenneth.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
All...

Edit to add (because I apparently confused Frisco) change the closing to accurately portray your own identity.
Teslag
AG
quote:

So you mean some idiot in marketing took credit for the efforts of production and operations? Yep, college football is definitely becoming a typical business.
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
I emailed them yesterday.

Clifnotes:
My email went into my personal experience with the seal, how I first saw it when I was 7 years old on the floor of the academic building, and how when I enrolled 11 years later that was one of the first things I went to see.

And now 13 years after that they are changing it
Whaler
AG
Good letter, K_2003. That's my sentiment too.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Copied, pasted and sent to the BOR. I sent an email yesterday also the BOR, President, and Association. No response from any of them.
Houstonag
AG
As was stated by another poster I consider this move to be deliberate and an attempt to hide it in the consent agenda. That is really shady BOR. I have served on many boards and this simply stinks. Shameful and cowardly. Each of you should resign.
I will meet you guys someday and do not run from my question.

This is something Obama would do.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.