Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Sign the petition to save the traditional seal! *****

53,714 Views | 357 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Jason Ag
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
All classes past 2015 including incoming students are the ones that will make them listen, theyre paying the most money as a group. Speaking of, how do BMA's feel about it

Yeah but it's not like they're just going to transfer if this isn't resolved. That money is as good as paid. They're captive customers.

BMAs and former students have the most legitimate leverage

I wish I had lots of money to not give the university...

Same here. I wish I I'd win the Powerball, and tell the University that if they want any piece of it, not only do have to change back the seal, but remove the damn bevel off of every surface, piece of letterhead and T-shirt.

This what happens when you have a bunch of carpetbaggers who don't care about anything but making a name for themselves start calling the shots around here (I won't name names, as we all know too well the history behind adoption of the bevel as our primary logo).

Not only is this no longer the same place my father would have recognized, but it is beginning to bear little resemblance to the place I attended as well.
KaneIsAble
AG
Signed regardless
flyingaggie12
AG
Does anyone have the email of the person who sponsored the change. I saw it on one of the news articles but I can't remember his name.
vettmaster99
AG
If they put that crap on the tube of my second degree from A&M. I'm going to leave it on the BOR's office doorstep bc they can certainly have that garbage back.
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
Does anyone have the email of the person who sponsored the change. I saw it on one of the news articles but I can't remember his name.

I can't remember the name off the top of my head either, but it was a her, not a him.
flyingaggie12
AG
It would be pretty easy to find her email and take it straight to the source.
7thGenTexan
AG
quote:
(I won't name names, as we all know too well the history behind adoption of the bevel as our primary logo).

He should be named. He's indirectly responsible for this latest abomination as it's all part of his "one brand" strategy.

He's strutted around marketing himself more than the university for far too long. No person marketing Texas A&M should say that people don't know the difference between it and Texas Tech. On another occasion he said people confuse it with the Citadel. This is a man who is trying to convince people of how necessary he is rather than marketing the university. What brilliant thing has this man done? He wasn't responsible for the move to the SEC. In fact, he did a terrible job of getting our message out during the move. The narrative was against us. Johnny Manziel et al changed that narrative.

What has he done?

Market us as Texas A&M Aggies instead of Texas Aggies.?
Put the bevel on everything in sight (which is now on our seal)?

Encourage the marketing of the 12th Man? This tells me he is behind the absurd 12th Man statue, probably the 12 empty seats too.

What else? Put up a few tacky billboards?

What is he doing here? How did he gain such power? How much does he make? Why is he so popular?
flyingaggie12
AG
quote:
quote:
(I won't name names, as we all know too well the history behind adoption of the bevel as our primary logo).

He should be named. He's indirectly responsible for this latest abomination as it's all part of his "one brand" strategy.

He's strutted around marketing himself more than the university for far too long. No person marketing Texas A&M should say that people don't know the difference between it and Texas Tech. On another occasion he said people confuse it with the Citadel. This is a man who is trying to convince people of how necessary he is rather than marketing the university. What brilliant thing has this man done? He wasn't responsible for the move to the SEC. In fact, he did a terrible job of getting our message out during the move. The narrative was against us. Johnny Manziel et al changed that narrative.

What has he done?

Market us as Texas A&M Aggies instead of Texas Aggies.?
Put the bevel on everything in sight (which is now on our seal)?

Encourage the marketing of the 12th Man? This tells me he is behind the absurd 12th Man statue, probably the 12 empty seats too.

What else? Put up a few tacky billboards?

What is he doing here? How did he gain such power? How much does he make? Why is he so popular?

All of those answers are out there. They're not hard to find.

However, this is not a Jason Cook thing. He has done a lot of good for the university. His 12thman "campaign" was well executed and designed to protect our brand. He has done many good things not only for the university but for athletics as well. Do I agree with everything he's done, probably not, but overall I think he has done a great job.
7thGenTexan
AG
Like what? Honestly, what has he done that's so great? What was so well executed about his 12th Man campaign? Building an embarrassing statue? He's not the person who protects our 12th Man trademark. Lawyers do that.
flyingaggie12
AG
I don't want to derail the thread because this is not what the issue is about.

I'll just say that by using the 12thman not only did it unify a lot of marketing channels (social media) it helped, and will help, taking the 12thman association from Seattle back to Aggieland. Obviously we will never regain it fully. He has also done a lot with the new SEC Network to position A&M to be a leader in content, quality, facilities etc.
angus55
I called out Jason Cook on an earlier thread that was locked. While he may not be directly involved in this move there is no doubt he influenced it. He also should recognize the difference in a logo vs. seal and should give the BOR his expertise. He has done a lot of good for the University but he should shoulder some of the blame for this. How stupid is it that you will make Tarleton or Prairie View us an aTm as their seal
7thGenTexan
AG
quote:
I don't want to derail the thread because this is not what the issue is about.

I'll just say that by using the 12thman not only did it unify a lot of marketing channels (social media) it helped, and will help, taking the 12thman association from Seattle back to Aggieland. Obviously we will never regain it fully. He has also done a lot with the new SEC Network to position A&M to be a leader in content, quality, facilities etc.
It's associated with Seattle because they are good at football. That's the best way to market your sports brand - winning.

In any case, I agree that this is a bit of a derail. But it's disgusting that a Nike sports logo is now the official seal of our university and that A&M Kingsville will now have our Nike sports logo as part of its brand.
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
I called out Jason Cook on an earlier thread that was locked. While he may not be directly involved in this move there is no doubt he influenced it. He also should recognize the difference in a logo vs. seal and should give the BOR his expertise. He has done a lot of good for the University but he should shoulder some of the blame for this. How stupid is it that you will make Tarleton or Prairie View us an aTm as their seal
He DoEsNt HaVe AnYtHiNg tO dO wItH TAMUS YOU DUMB DUMB
TelcoAg
AG
Here's the thing - no matter what you think about Jason Cook's involvement in this (which is none, zero), he isn't in that room casting a vote. There's no possibe way you're pointing the finger at the right place if you take it away from the people voting in that room.
7thGenTexan
AG
quote:
Here's the thing - no matter what you think about Jason Cook's involvement in this (which is none, zero), he isn't in that room casting a vote. There's no possibe way you're pointing the finger at the right place if you take it away from the people voting in that room.
I agree with last bit for sure.
angus55
So you think the geniuses on the BOR came up with this on their own? Really ? From the people who tried to bring us the House that Johnny built and the Rick Perry Academic Building? Did you read their response to the "concern" over their decree to change the seal? Where the hell do you think "brand alignment " came from? I have no doubt he had no role in how they rolled it out. I would hope someone with his credentials would say "hey, retards, err I mean regents, maybe we should get some feedback on a change this major?" But brand unification justification is from Cook.
TelcoAg
AG
Yes. I think this idea is so terrible, and so universally unliked, that it absolutely came from the BOR.

Where do you think "The House that Johnny Built" came from? That was John Sharp, brother.
TelcoAg
AG
Do you still just have a burr up your butt from Cook blowing up your thread?
dimeboxaggie
AG
has the petition lost steam?
DevilD77
AG
I don't want the seal changed but think it's funny that many of the people bemoaning the chnage and citing tradition are the same ones who I have seen advocating for female cheerleaders and the dance team in Kyle Field, suggesting the Corps shouldn't wear their uniforms to the game, doing away with March In, etc, etc.
mongey donk
AG
quote:
quote:
He DoEsNt HaVe AnYtHiNg tO dO wItH TAMUS YOU DUMB DUMB
Ridge14
I'll pitch it to Marti Young later tonight

If you know what I mean
angus55
No Mrs. Cook I don't. Did you read my post and the response from the board of rejects? " Brand Unification" ? Where have we heard that before ? Hmmmm
TelcoAg
AG
Cook had nothing to do with this. This is not an opinion.

But thank you for derailing the thread with your narrowminded view of the Aggie world, and for your acknowledgment of the existence of marketing buzzwords. We are all dumber for having read your opinions, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Goose83
AG
quote:
No Mrs. Cook I don't. Did you read my post and the response from the board of rejects? " Brand Unification" ? Where have we heard that before ? Hmmmm
It's useless to try and argue with the Cook groupies on the board here, as they think he hung the moon.

Of course, the question as to why a marketing director (of all people) has such a loyal following of groupies is puzzling to say the least.
Toothdoc86
GarryowenAg
AG
Go burry your head in a pile of Cook's sh t.
Jtwhite66
AG
Signed
dimeboxaggie
AG
quote:
Go burry your head in a pile of Cook's sh t.
TelcoAg
AG
Do you think that maybe it's because there is no blind devotion here? I'm trying to keep bull**** out of the facts. I want this ****ing new seal gone, and any emails or phone calls that go to Jason Cook are going in the wrong ****ing direction.
HBCanine08
AG
posted by GBH:

BOR Statement

quote:
At this time, the Board of Regents shows no change in course from their original vote on Wednesday to change the seal, and reiterates that this is part of their "one brand" approach. Specifically, the Board points out the recognizable Block TAM:
quote:
The block TAM has been our primary brand image for decades and is instantly recognized worldwide.

BradC34
AG
Just wanted to test out my new signature...
Goose83
AG
quote:
Do you think that maybe it's because there is no blind devotion here? I'm trying to keep bull**** out of the facts. I want this ****ing new seal gone, and any emails or phone calls that go to Jason Cook are going in the wrong ****ing direction.

All some of us are saying is he is the one who set the Beveled-T, "brand unification" strategy in motion years ago, which was the justification used by the BOR to change the seal. Therefore, to many, he is (at least) indirectly responsible for the change (his recent comments in response to the local media about the seal and "brand unification" didn't help that perception, either).
TelcoAg
AG
What I'm telling you is that changing the seal was never part of that plan. He is not responsible for an extension of his strategy being implemented by shortsighted bureaucrats.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
quote:

All some of us are saying is he is the one who set the Beveled-T, "brand unification" strategy in motion years ago, which was the justification used by the BOR to change the seal. Therefore, to many, he is (at least) indirectly responsible for the change (his recent comments in response to the local media about the seal and "brand unification" didn't help that perception, either).
What did he say besides saying he is in the athletics dept for two years and had nothing to do with it?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.