Story Poster
Photo by Stewart Wade

Johnny Manziel releases statement about rehab stay

April 17, 2015

Cleveland Browns QB and A&M legend Johnny Manziel voluntarily entered a treatment facility on January 28 and was released on April 11, in advance of the Browns offseason workout program which begins on April 20.

Word on Manziel's status was hard to come by during his stay, but in a statement released Friday morning on the Browns website the former Heisman Trophy winner delares his intent to earn back trust he's lost and place his full focus on football.

The full statement:

"I would like to thank my family, friends, the Browns organization, my teammates, and Browns fans everywhere, for your patience, understanding, and support during my stay at Caron. The doctors and staff have been amazing and what I’ve learned in the last couple of months has been tremendous.

"I owe private apologies to a lot of people that I disappointed but a very public one to the Browns organization and the fans that I let down. I take full responsibility for my actions and it’s my intention to work very hard to regain everyone’s trust and respect. I understand that will take time and will only happen through what I do and not what I say.

"I also understand there’s a lot of curiosity about this but anyone who has a friend or family-member that’s been through things like this knows it’s an ongoing process. I’m going to continue to ask folks to try to respect my privacy as I determine to what degree I am comfortable talking about a subject which I consider very personal. Most of you have been considerate about that and I thank you for it.

"I look forward to seeing my teammates next week and focusing on football and my desire to be the best possible player, teammate, and man that I can be.”
Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel releases statement about rehab stay

34,653 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FCBlitz
Yell Practice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Johnny should drop by Aggieland and watch the #1 Aggies play baseball.
annie88
AG
quote:
Johnny should drop by Aggieland and watch the #1 Aggies play baseball.
He did once last year. They showed him on the tron...
Geriatric Punk
aggie81
AG
Way to go Johnny. Gig'em and BTHO NFL!!!!
sarancher
AG
Show them what you can do Johnny, we are all behind you.
Jules_Winnfield
HDeathstar
If he was just rude, he should apologize.

I assume he was rude to the Browns team/Mgmt and fans. If so apologize, good way to get back on the good side of people you may or may not have offended.

He doesn't have to commit murder first to apologize.
TheDude Abides
quote:
quote:
Don't care. GOAT.
why don't you care? that was a very personal statement he made that meant a lot to Johnny, at least have the respect to honor it.
Right on. much respect. GOAT!!!
oysterbayAG
AG
Johnny is like Frank Sinatra . When you're good you're always around. Johnny is very smart . He now knows he must work within the system , but that great creative talent , extraordinary athleticism , buttressed with that killer instinct will appear this year in the NFL . Hold on to your skirts Cleveland , it's going to be quite a ride !

" Yes , there were times , I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all , when there was doubt
I ate it up , and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall ;
And did it my way "
PS: The home of the Great Rough Rider is pulling for you Johnny ! Knock Um Dead !
FCBlitz
Just saying.....apologizing for himself has come quite easy for him. I wish him well but his actions from this point on will demonstrate if he is going to be ok.

I watched a segment on Ryan leaf the other day and for the first time I saw JFF in a different light and started to be concerned.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.