Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M vs. tu

10,608 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rocky the dog
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In about 5 more years.
oklacityag75
AG
Playing them would severely lower our strength of schedule rating. We would keep a much stronger schedule strength by having Lamar and SMU remain on it
bpchas2

Quote:

"Yes they do.

And you're a tshirt sip fan.

No one here gives a damn what you think. "

From A&M's number 1 T shirt fan.
Sbisa Chef
I'd be okay with playing them once if they let us have a bonfire in Austin. #WRTS
LHoward-2002
Texas has played for two national championships in the last ten years. The two programs are completely different. One has a history of playing for national championships in the last ten years and the other has one year where they went 11-2.
Womackster
AG
Wish someone would start a thread about this.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Texas has played for two national championships in the last ten years. The two programs are completely different. One has a history of playing for national championships in the last ten years and the other has one year where they went 11-2.

Keep watching that Rosebowl rerun and telling us how relevant it is to football in 2015. I hope you never stop telling us about it.
Stevetex.
aggiehawg
AG
The gift that just keeps on giving:

quote:
He sees Texas as being in a unique position to grow its international brand and said it's essential to use athletics as a platform to tell the university's story.

"They shouldn't be done for junketeering purposes," Patterson said. "They should be done in a fashion that grows the profile and the interest of the university of a broad scale internationally."

Patterson reportedly has expressed interest in playing a nonconference football game in Mexico City. Another possibility Patterson acknowledged Tuesday could be a future sporting event in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

"We have a lot of folks in the oil and gas industry," Patterson said. "Houston is the center of the world in terms of the gas industry. A lot of those alums spend time in the Middle East, and Dubai is a place that wants to use sports to help put itself on the map. So we'll have some conversations, and we'll see where they lead."

Patterson has repeatedly said since his hiring in November that he is not pushing for a rematch with Texas A&M following its departure from the Big 12 for the SEC.
Nothing says eff you fans and alumni like calling away games "junketeering." But for nothing more than a PR schtick??? You betcha!! Patterson is down with that all day long.

Please keep this guy as AD for another five years. Hell, 20 years would be optimum.

Belmont and the athletic department will look like post WWII Dresden when he's done.
LHoward-2002
quote:
quote:

Keep watching that Rosebowl rerun and telling us how relevant it is to football in 2015. I hope you never stop telling us about it.
Like you watch your 1930's national championship on reruns?
APHIS AG
quote:
Like you watch your 1930's national championship on reruns?

No, we watch highly rated A&M games on TV with the potential of winning big while you are stuck in the past because, right now, that is all you have. Face fact for the first time instead of that delusion of t.u. greatness because you are not going anywhere in the foreseeable future and your coach confirmed it.

And frankly, that amuses us.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Here you go.

Make it count for the visual aids:

Do you favor Texas A&M scheduling Texas in football?

(click link to vote)
GarryowenAg
AG
Just voted. I'll be happy if we played in 15 years.
Old Sarge
AG
IF you listen to college football based radio shows like those of Greg McElroy/Taylor Zarsa in the AM, they lauded Michigan's hire of Harbaugh (sp?) for a whopping 8 mil. They both said it would put Michigan back at the top tier of college football "where they deserve to be, and where college football needs them". They referenced the NCAA basketball tourney as an example. Taylor said "we all like to see the Cinderella teams do well, but is it really good for them to win it all, do we really want to see that?" (not an exact ref, but darn near exact)

BUNK! They are where they are, because of their football decisions, and how they approached it. It is up to Michigan to claw their way back up. College football NEEDS those that can succeed. That "where they deserve to be" attitude is exactly what the media said about Texas A&M hiring Jackie. The media was astounded that we broke the million dollar barrier to hire a coach, and we should just accept our place as second fiddle to t.u. If you don't believe me, then read No Experience Required by Jackie. I knew we were looked at as crazy for hiring him at that price, but had no idea we were ostracized like that since I was a HS kid when it happened.

We got hammered by that hire. Michigan gets lauded by theirs. Because "that's where they DESERVE to be. We should just accept our place.

Thinking like this is what is wrong with the media. They like the easy story. The one wrote before them that is easy to tweak and make everyone feel good.

That is why the media is clamoring for a return of the t.u./Texas A&M game. They want to see it, but not for the reason you and I might want. They want to grant t.u. relevance once again, and know the first step since they still play OU, is a game with us again. Until they play us, win or lose, their hopes for a relevant t.u. does not exist unless they DOMINATE the conference built for them to win. And for now, that conference is dominated by two private schools they used to school every year in football. For the media to have t.u. relevant anytime soon, is a rejuvenated rivalry between them and the Aggies, and hopes and prayers that t.u. would luck out an win. Until then one of their beholden love children of college football squanders away as third fiddle with no hope at QB in a conference made for them to win.

LET THEM ROT. They earned it. And the media that wants them at the top "where college football needs them" can KISS MY AGGIE ASS.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
IF you listen to college football based radio shows like those of Greg McElroy/Taylor Zarsa in the AM, they lauded Michigan's hire of Harbaugh (sp?) for a whopping 8 mil. They both said it would put Michigan back at the top tier of college football "where they deserve to be, and where college football needs them". They referenced the NCAA basketball tourney as an example. Taylor said "we all like to see the Cinderella teams do well, but is it really good for them to win it all, do we really want to see that?" (not an exact ref, but darn near exact)

BUNK! They are where they are, because of their football decisions, and how they approached it. It is up to Michigan to claw their way back up. College football NEEDS those that can succeed. That "where they deserve to be" attitude is exactly what the media said about Texas A&M hiring Jackie. The media was astounded that we broke the million dollar barrier to hire a coach, and we should just accept our place as second fiddle to t.u. If you don't believe me, then read No Experience Required by Jackie. I knew we were looked at as crazy for hiring him at that price, but had no idea we were ostracized like that since I was a HS kid when it happened.

We got hammered by that hire. Michigan gets lauded by theirs. Because "that's where they DESERVE to be. We should just accept our place.

Thinking like this is what is wrong with the media. They like the easy story. The one wrote before them that is easy to tweak and make everyone feel good.

That is why the media is clamoring for a return of the t.u./Texas A&M game. They want to see it, but not for the reason you and I might want. They want to grant t.u. relevance once again, and know the first step since they still play OU, is a game with us again. Until they play us, win or lose, their hopes for a relevant t.u. does not exist unless they DOMINATE the conference built for them to win. And for now, that conference is dominated by two private schools they used to school every year in football. For the media to have t.u. relevant anytime soon, is a rejuvenated rivalry between them and the Aggies, and hopes and prayers that t.u. would luck out an win. Until then one of their beholden love children of college football squanders away as third fiddle with no hope at QB in a conference made for them to win.

LET THEM ROT. They earned it. And the media that wants them at the top "where college football needs them" can KISS MY AGGIE ASS.

I have examined the preceding post in its entirety, and found it to be without flaw.

Cosigned.
doubledegreeAG
Stevetex.
Relax, they will never play each other during the season and we already know the SEC will not allow the Aggies to play the Longhorns in any bowl.

doubledegreeAG
AG
quote:
Relax, they will never play each other during the season and we already know the SEC will not allow the Aggies to play the Longhorns in any bowl.

"Let me win some games first. Then I can push it. I don't know if I want to go walking into College Station right now."
aggiehawg
AG
Strong will be coaching a game in Dubai before he ever sets foot in College Station. Mack is there now trying to seal the deal

quote:
We just arrived in Dubai. Looking forward to a great trip building UT relationships!
LINK
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
I love comments like this.

Listening to this is like listening to someone trying to convince you that BHO is a great president.

(and for the record, you should be less concerned about us and more concerned about TCU and Baylor) They are your biggest threat right now.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:

"Let me win some games first. Then I can push it. I don't know if I want to go walking into College Station right now."
Head wound...cleanup on aisle 9.
FriscoKid
AG
Maybe you can get a good tarp design from your friends in Waco?

Stevetex.
quote:
quote:

Aggies had their chance, the SEC didn't want to risk it for many reasons. Bet yall wish it could be taken back.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Aggies had their chance, the SEC didn't want to risk it for many reasons. Bet yall wish it could be taken back.

The theory being that if you repeat that often enough it might become true?
Eike Mlko
quote:
And yet A&M is still the "it" school. Sucks don't it.
Eike Mlko
quote:

good for tu. A&M would have embarrassed them more than Arky
corvettemike86
AG
quote:
quote:
9700000000000000000000000 more years.

times infinity plus 1....
Eike Mlko
quote:
quote:
quote:

not really.
corvettemike86
AG
quote:
One has gotten their face punched in repeatedly by Baylor over the last 5 years and registers an avg 0.1 in tv ratings and the other is completing construction on a national showcase stadium and facilities while registering weekly top tv ratings in a conf that is gonna be paying twice everyone else in 5 years.....
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The pigs wanted a piece of you too. It really didn't matter who was invited to the slaughter. And, it still make me smile that you guys we able to gain 72 inches rushing the ball.
rocky the dog
AG
What Old Sarge said.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.