Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Aggies vs Colorado 2020 and 2021

8,732 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by israeliag
tbirdspur2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good bull.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
Colorado game 1995 - we're ranked 3rd, they're ranked 9th. They've got Ty Detmer at QB, we've got Leeland McElroy, at the time, the Heisman front-runner.

CU was ranked 7th during that game not 9.

And it was Koy Detmer not Ty Detmer. Ty was qb at BYU a few years earlier and took a beating from the wrecking crew in the 1990 Holiday Bowl, the same season he won the Heisman Trophy.
Koy was injured during the game in the '95 game and his backup John Hessler came off the bench to lead CU to the win.

A side note , Koy Detmers son committed earlier this year to play football at BYU.
Thanks for the corrections, I was venting my 20 year anger at how stupid RC SLocum was.
AgsWin08
^ DenverAg -

Might be moving to Boulder/Lafayette area in summer for work.
No friends or family in the area, would be good to keep in touch. Cheers.
ZoneClubber
AG
1995 A&M/CU Game
war hymn aggie
AG
I'm sure a few Aggies will take a trip to Boulder so that they can get stoned.
DenverAggie
AG
AgsWin08, there's a solid Texas A&M Club of Denver; you'll find that page on Facebook. Post something here, and there, if you're looking for a job and I'll help you if I can...
AgsWin08
Thank you, Sir.

I thought the whole Colorado experience was great. Looking forward to the move
if offered. Be in touch.
Jim Benson 63
AG
The picture above is John Hessler throwing about a 60 yard pass to Rae Carruth (probably the fastest guy on the field--now in prison for 19 years for conspiring to kill his pregnant girlfriend) who barely beat Donovan Greer at about the 7 yard line. CU scored right after that. I always liked Hessler, except for that play. Unfortunately, he was involved in a serious head on collision about 12 years ago on I-76 and could not walk or stand up for about 3 years. I believe he is doing OK now, relatively speaking.

Carruth's girlfriend died in the shooting, but doctors were able to save the baby, now about 16 years old, with cerebral palsy. Amazing to me that Carruth will get out of prison in about 2019.

We owe CU a big ass kicking, but you never know what the teams will be like in 5 years.
bberry72
AG
Last time I was there, we lost by a touchdown or two. The best show was after the game. There was a riot in the end zone with people throwing anything they could get their hands on at the police. There was an attempt to rush the field resulting in a free for all between the CU students and the police. I mean protesters being drug around by their hair, hand cuffing people to goal posts, etc. Quite a show. When someone wins they should at least act like they have done it before sometime in their history. Had the wife and small kids with me. Prior to that, I was in favour of selling beer in football stadiums. Now, not so much. Never took the kids back.

BTW: Aggies were not involved in any way.
Hamburger Dan
Not a good team, but Boulder is a great destination for an away game.
israeliag
AG
quote:
I wondered this a few years ago, but what is going on with Colorado? I know they had some unlucky coaching runs, but do they just not care anymore? They were a power in the 90's.
After Neuheisel they hired Gary Barnett who did OK but had off the field issues (sexual harrasment on the team) that seemed to coincide with their downturn under him. He was let go and they got Dan Hawkins from Boise St (who at Boise setup the team for Chris Peterson). I think it was viewed as a good hire at the time. He started his son at QB, and the results are what you'd expect and CU hadn't recovered since. A piss poor hire of a coach (Embree) who had no business being a head coach was the final nail in the coffin. But, IMO that hire was more of a message that CU just was more interested in academics than what it had to do to get a winning football program going again.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.