Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Aggies vs Colorado 2020 and 2021

8,690 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by israeliag
RI1117
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whoop!!! Miss those trips to Boulder!!
Capt. America
AG
HATE!!

redd38
AG
Colorado scheduled TCU also... they must really be missing trips to Texas
Here4Beer
AG
I dig it
STX Ag
AG
Mac94
AG
Really hitting the Pac-12 lately for OOC ... with ASU next year and the series against UCLA and now Colorado.
BeveledAg
Our d will love this!
BQ84 -ORP
AG
Wonder if they will have the Buffaloes on their helmets when they come to Kyle?
Pro Ag
AG
Whatever.
agz win
AG
Colorado is a quality opponent with an excellent road trip vacation for fans.

Plus, media can play up both schools as successful transplants from the dormant old big 12 conference and then hype that A&M and the SEC is the best.
ff2012
AG
quote:
Our d will love this!
That's what he said
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Colorado is a quality opponent

quote:
Plus, media can play up both schools as successful transplants

Uhhhh, been smoking some stuff in that state? Colorado's record since leaving:

2011: 3-10
2012: 1-11
2013: 4-8
2014: 2-10

So I will disagree with both of your comments. Wish we were playing Oregon instead like was originally planned.
chipotle
I'll believe it when I see the tickets.
Aggie
AG
quote:
Wonder if they will have the Buffaloes on their helmets when they come to Kyle?

Why very thread about Colorado this is brought up?
You do know that CU never actually removed the logo from their helmets for our game right?
Aggie
AG
As for the game.. I like it.

Colorado is a great road trip.
I made the trip up to Boulder in 1997.

The '95 and '01 games in Boulder still haunt me.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I think it's good. Each year we want to schedule a Power 5 conference opponent (actually, the SEC mandates we do so) and Colorado is a great fit for this.

2015 - vs. Arizona State (in Houston)
2016 - vs. UCLA
2017 - at UCLA
2018 - vs. Clemson
2019 - at Clemson
2020 - vs. Colorado
2021 - at Colorado
2022 - ?
2023 - ?
2024 - vs. Notre Dame
2025 - at Notre Dame

I also like how we're playing all of these teams at Kyle First then making the return road trip. I don't think we have anyone plugged in for '22 and '23 yet, or am I missing it? I'd love to see us get a Big 10 team in those slots...maybe Iowa or Illinois. Someone who will look good on the schedule, but is still a winnable game.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
The Chicken Ranch
AG
What a yawner of a series. Will CU even still be playing football in 2020/21?

UCLA, Clemson, ND, and even ASU are good quality games but this is not. Sorry if I don't seem excited about it.
Ex-liberalag12
Last time I saw them at Folsom all I heard was "C U later".. Bad day for the Ags..

Time for some revenge
NE PA Ag
Pencil me in for the trip to Clemson in 2019. Had a great time there when we played them there a few years ago, despite the outcome. The Clemson kicker was MVP of the game after he made 6 field goals. We scored 3 touchdowns to their 1 and lost the game by one point.
NE PA Ag
quote:

UCLA, Clemson, ND, and even ASU are good quality games but this is not. Sorry if I don't seem excited about it.

I think we are doing pretty well with the big 5 scheduling. You're not going to get an all time top 20 program every one of these series. Three of them are, ASU is close and while Colorado hasn't been good lately, they've got a series lead over us and won a national title a lot more recently than we did. If we hadn't played them semi-regularly in the Big 12, maybe it wouldn't seem so boring to you.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

At least it's a name program from a P5 school. It's a lot better than playing Lamar or South Central Louisiana State University.

I'd rather play a Pac team with a pulse, but I guess Colorado could get it together by then.
agz win
AG
Agree. While not a good recent record they have a good national brand and will eventually compete in their conference. Plus it's good hype in tweaking our former conference's nose.

It really is amazing how bright A&M's future is in the SEC.

Thanks, Bowtie!
West Point Aggie
AG
Now schedule a B1G team for the 2022-2023 slots!
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:

I also like how we're playing all of these teams at Kyle First then making the return road trip.

I believe that is so we get an extra home game at Kyle in the years we are the home team against Arky in Jerryworld. That is probably the biggest challenge we have scheduling these games. We have to find a team whose home schedule aligns properly to allow them to be the road team in even years.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
The Clemson kicker was MVP of the game after he made 6 field goals. We scored 3 touchdowns to their 1 and lost the game by one point.
That was the game where Fran kicked the extra point instead of going for 2 when we were up by 1, correct? Which allowed Clemson to kick the game winning field goal to beat us?

Freaking Fran
NE PA Ag
quote:
That was the game where Fran kicked the extra point instead of going for 2 when we were up by 1, correct? Which allowed Clemson to kick the game winning field goal to beat us?

I knew there was something like this in that game, but kept thinking about the '06 OU game where Fran kicked a field goal instead of going for it on 4th down with around 3:30 left in the game, which didn't make sense in the context of the Clemson game.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
quote:
quote:

I also like how we're playing all of these teams at Kyle First then making the return road trip.

I believe that is so we get an extra home game at Kyle in the years we are the home team against Arky in Jerryworld. That is probably the biggest challenge we have scheduling these games. We have to find a team whose home schedule aligns properly to allow them to be the road team in even years.

This is exactly the case. Until the Arkansas deal at JW runs out, we will have to use this model. It was also the reason why the Oregon series was canceled and replaced with Clemson. Oregon could not swap home years with us because it put them in the same position.
Aggielandma12
AG
All I remember hearing is "f em up, f em up, go CU"
Booker T
AG
'04, Foliaki forces a Bobby Purify fumble in OT and the good guys win. That was a fun game. Should make for a good road trip.
TexanJeff
AG
No team that I can think of has fallen harder, longer, and deeper than CU.

Hate this series!!!
Sex Panther
AG
I wondered this a few years ago, but what is going on with Colorado? I know they had some unlucky coaching runs, but do they just not care anymore? They were a power in the 90's.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I've wondered that myself. When the PAC expanded and added them and Utah, CU seemed to be the "name" hire. However, Utah has been much better athletically.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Colorado game 1995 - we're ranked 3rd, they're ranked 9th. They've got Ty Detmer at QB, we've got Leeland McElroy, at the time, the Heisman front-runner.

They go up 26-21 in the fourth quarter and Rick Neuhesiel sends them out for a 2-point conversion. RC Slocum responds by calling a time out.

They come out again in a formation that Neuheisel admits, wasn't even real, with a bunch of guys spread all over the place. RC panics and CALLS ANOTHER TIME OUT.

Aggie
AG
quote:
Colorado game 1995 - we're ranked 3rd, they're ranked 9th. They've got Ty Detmer at QB, we've got Leeland McElroy, at the time, the Heisman front-runner.

CU was ranked 7th during that game not 9.

And it was Koy Detmer not Ty Detmer. Ty was qb at BYU a few years earlier and took a beating from the wrecking crew in the 1990 Holiday Bowl, the same season he won the Heisman Trophy.
Koy was injured during the game in the '95 game and his backup John Hessler came off the bench to lead CU to the win.

A side note , Koy Detmers son committed earlier this year to play football at BYU.
DenverAggie
AG
Whoop! I work a few blocks from CU's Boulder campus. We frankly have a couple ass kickings in Boulder to make up for.

If you make the trip, I'd recommend staying in downtown Denver, going out in LoDo / LoHi (Denver), and also getting up to Vail for a day or two.

To answer "what happened," CU's administration went overboard in response to some program problems. They self imposed recruiting restrictions based on community (and NCAA) pressure, and they did not invest in facilities or coaching at the same rate as competitors in Texas and California. Great coaches don't want to come here because the administration is not seen as supportive. They're still a long way away from competing. The students don't care; football is just not a big deal here.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.