Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Josh McCown to Cleveland

15,768 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 27RUSA
BBQ4Me
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of course the Browns were going to bring in a veteran with starting experience. Anyone who is surprised by this doesn't watch the NFL
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
I fear Johnny has had his shot. Hope I am wrong.

Swag just don't cut it for him now.

For the last effing time, Johnny played SIX quarters of football starting and ending in December. He is nowhere close to done and the Browns aren't close to done with him either. Pettine wouldn't have made an effort to see him in rehab if he didn't give a st** about him or playing him if he improves. Geez some of you people have a self defeating attitude.
Post removed:
by user
Witness
McCown says he wants to help Johnny grow as a person and a player.
Buford T. Justice
AG
this conversation is full of stupidity.
McCown has been in the league for 12 years.
His brother was the QB at A&M the last time that we won the conference.
Southlake
Randy beat Texas after the bonfire tragedy.

TexasAggie_97
AG
quote:
Johnny to Cowboys
That will never happen. Jerry has learned his lesson from making boneheaded deals like this would be.
67walkon
Johnny is going to be fine and all you haters just keep hating. I for one will never be able to express enough appreciation for what he did for mt school. Win or lose he is laughing all the way to the bank. I will be celebrating when many are eating hypocritical crow. Nothing to see here, move along.
v1rotate92
AG
quote:
That will never happen......
Sarcasm
Floorguy
quote:
quote:
quote:
Josh is an aggie?

No, his brother Randy was.
That dang'd ol Randy, man.
stetson
AG
quote:
Jerry has learned his lesson from making boneheaded deals like this would be.
Alas, Jerruh has learned not to break the bank on the shiny new toy.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Jerry has learned his lesson from making boneheaded deals like this would be.
Alas, Jerruh has learned not to break the bank on the shiny new toy.
The smart time to make a run for Manziel will be after the GM and HC get fired in 1 or 2 years. Hiring O'Connell as QB Coach tells me that the Browns are still trying to make it work with Johnny.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Johnny is going to be fine and all you haters just keep hating. I for one will never be able to express enough appreciation for what he did for mt school. Win or lose he is laughing all the way to the bank. I will be celebrating when many are eating hypocritical crow. Nothing to see here, move along.
Awesome, you are precognizant enough to know that he improves and gets any significant chance. Please! Let all of us know his win-loss record for this coming season, assuming he plays!

Don't need the actual scores, just whether they win/lose. You apparently have this information, so share with the rest of us.
agmeister
S
He should have been the starter in Chicago.
JunctionBoyz
Is JFF still in rehab? I hope he is doing better.
Jim Benson 63
AG
here is Josh McCown's 12 year pro career

Quite a few teams, but as someone up above said, he's made about $20million during that time.
mt3950
AG
quote:
quote:
T&P to Josh McCown's QB career.
When did he have a NFL QB career??

Not sure if the exact numbers, but I'm gonna guess he's made roughly 20 million during his "career"....yea, what a terrible career.
Post removed:
by user
BMX Bandit
He was certainly a moron as a GM for the last 15 years
strbrst777
When did Josh McCown have an NFL career? Ask his banker. He's handled things well.
Post removed:
by user
Jackass2004
AG
Geez no wonder Cleveland can't get a QB.. they literally cycle through them too quickly and just give up. Noobs.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
T&P to Josh McCown's QB career.
When did he have a NFL QB career??

Not sure if the exact numbers, but I'm gonna guess he's made roughly 20 million during his "career"....yea, what a terrible career.
Being a journeyman QB who has been cut, let go to free agency and traded to nearly half the teams in the NFL but getting a good paycheck throughout is one metric. Kudos to him for staying in shape and keeping his skills up to snuff for that long. But he hasn't been a starter, except for injuries for awhile now.

That's what I meant.
Ardeth Bey
AG
Amazing how many Aggies are writing JFF off already. Maybe he'll succeed and maybe he'll bust, but if he had stayed, he would be entering his Senior year this season. Seems to me that he still has time to change his trajectory, and I think he wants to play badly enough to make that change. We'll see.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
And moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater
randy828
AG
quote:
Randy beat Texas after the bonfire tragedy.

And Randy made The Hit that broke that TCU player's jaw.
Post removed:
by user
Colonel_Janus
quote:
quote:
Hoyer to Texans.

Who gives a s*** about the Texans?
People from Houston? I honestly hate the cowboys
zephyr88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Josh is an aggie?

No, his brother Randy was.
That dang'd ol Randy, man.
different Randy...
KW Driver
Any one of you writing off Johnny already, kindly name the last successful Browns quarterback. If his career is over, then it was over the day he got drafted.
KW Driver
Any one of you writing off Johnny already, kindly name the last successful Browns quarterback. If his career is over, then it was over the day he got drafted.
Stampede
quote:
Johnny has had head-up-ass disease for years. Hate to say it but the dude is doneski. Appreciate what he did here, but he's our VY. Waste of talent and there's no other way to put it.

Yes. Except that whole Rookie of the Year and winning record over multiple seasons stuff that one of them has.
TXTruthTeller
quote:
Johnny has had head-up-ass disease for years. Hate to say it but the dude is doneski. Appreciate what he did here, but he's our VY. Waste of talent and there's no other way to put it.

Not even close dude. VY was a day one starter, won ROTY and went to two Pro Bowls before his off-field issues caught up to him. In short, he actually accomplished something from jump. Still has a winning record as a starter. Let JFF earn a gig and accomplish something before we start comparing him to VY.
27RUSA
take it to the bevo time machine board.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.