Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Daylon Mack's Tweeter Art Work

92,328 Views | 301 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Thunder Up Ags
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
We aren't done yet, men. More!
Either way, it's gonna be epic

I'm pullin' for you though...
19chris69
Rojo post the scouts info and i am in for $100 donation i too will post my donation!

Cheers!
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
We have the #1 OL in the SEC, and one of the tops in the nation.

We have three great RBs.

We have so many great WRs, and *the* best two in the nation (including the commit we picked up).

We have a bunch, a bunch, of maturing defensive players.

We have the best DC in college football (Chavis).

We have the best offensive mind in college football (Sumlin).

There's a lot of kool aid in here...
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
quote:
quote:

We have three great RBs.

We have so many great WRs, and *the* best two in the nation (including the commit we picked up).

There's a lot of kool aid in here...
I guess you prefer burnt orange Kool-Aid or perhaps Crimson. Trolls that troll for free.
Deputy Travis Junior
Hah. So if I don't think our OL, which woefully underperformed last year, is one of the best in the country, then I'm drinking burnt orange kool aid?
Captain Pablo
AG
That right there Is why Rojo's prognostications come served with a grain of salt...

Everything is epic. Everything is the greatest. Everything is the best. National championships are a lock. Playoffs are a certainty...

See the pattern?
AG
quote:
Hah. So if I don't think our OL, which woefully underperformed last year, is one of the best in the country, then I'm drinking burnt orange kool aid?
Nice straw man.

You disparaged our DC, our HC, our two five star WRs along with an OL that is the best in the SEC. There was some youth on the OL that needed some more technique last year - but they were still near the top of the SEC.

The OL/Running Coach hire away from Utah fixes that. So, this coming year -- yes, the best OL in the SEC, and one of the tops in the nation.
Red Skye
AG
quote:
That right there Is why Rojo's prognostications come served with a grain of salt...

Everything is epic. Everything is the greatest. Everything is the best. National championships are a lock. Playoffs are a certainty...

See the pattern?
Who peed in your maroon koolaid?
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
You disparaged our DC, our HC, our two five star WRs along with an OL that is the best in the SEC.

Oh really? where?
Aggies1322
AG
quote:
quote:
You disparaged our DC, our HC, our two five star WRs along with an OL that is the best in the SEC.

Oh really? where?
Rojo wasn't talking to you.. he was talking to Deputy.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh really? where?
I don't care. I was asking where Deputy "disparaged" those people
AG
quote:

See the pattern?
Nothing in life is certain -- except for people who set their goals low and achieve little in life only to look back and wonder why they did so poorly and question why life was so unfair to them.
Aggies1322
AG
quote:

We have three great RBs.

quote:
There's a lot of kool aid in here..
If I'm not mistaken he's referring to right here..
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh really? where?
Some people can't see the letters because of the bold.....sheesh.

Are you being thick with us?
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:

See the pattern?
Nothing in life is certain -- except for people who set their goals low and achieve little in life only to look back and wonder why they did so poorly and question why life was so unfair to them.
Oh no. So now you're uncertain?

What happened?
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh really? where?
Some people can't see the letters because of the bold.....sheesh.

Are you being thick with us?
That was disparaging?

Pretty low threshhold

What is your threshold for judging the accuracy of recruiting prognosticators?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

See the pattern?

What happened?
I'm not uncertain about our recruiting. The information I have today is the same I had Friday night.

RB commit. Check.

Sorry, I must ask this question: did you have to practice to be an arse, or were you born that way?

Sometimes stubborn people think they are being intellectual by nay-saying an nit-picking. Observers think they are just making themselves into the North end of a South bound mule.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

See the pattern?

What happened?
I'm not uncertain about our recruiting. The information I have today is the same I had Friday night.

RB commit. Check.

Sorry, I must ask this question: did you have to practice to be an arse, or were you born that way?

Sometimes stubborn people think they are being intellectual by nay-saying an nit-picking. Observers think they are just making themselves into the North end of a South bound mule.
Still sticking with 5 more including Mack?

I'm an ass? How 'bout accusing someone of disparaging our players and coaches because he might not agree with you on your debatable superlatives?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

See the pattern?

What happened?

RB commit. Check.

I turn your attention to my previous posts.

I am kind of thinking your behavior is both congenital *and* you honed it to perfection.

Why the BAS so strong in some?
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
You disparaged our DC, our HC, our two five star WRs along with an OL that is the best in the SEC. There was some youth on the OL that needed some more technique last year - but they were still near the top of the SEC.
Gimme a freaking break. It's hardly disparaging to say that some of our players and coaches aren't the very best in the NCAA.

I think Chavis and Sumlin are some of the best defensive and offensive coaches in the NCAA. I think Noil is a great WR and our OL could/should improve a lot this next year. But best in the country? Other than Chavis, who's a tier 1 DC, no, definitely not.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

See the pattern?

What happened?

RB commit. Check.

I am kind of thinking your behavior is both congenital *and* you honed it to perfection.

Haha! Now the insults are flowing!

Ego coming apart?
AG
quote:
quote:
Gimme a freaking break. It's hardly disparaging to say that some of our players and coaches aren't the very best in the NCAA.

I think Chavis and Sumlin are some of the best defensive and offensive coaches in the NCAA. I think Noil is a great WR and our OL could/should improve a lot this next year. But best in the country? No, definitely not.
There you go. I knew you could be more accurate and positive about what we have going here in Aggieland!

Well done, sir!

See, BAS can be overcome.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:

I think Chavis and Sumlin are some of the best defensive and offensive coaches in the NCAA. I think Noil is a great WR and our OL could/should improve a lot this next year. But best in the country? No, definitely not.
At least debatable

Certainly doesn't warrant being accused of disparaging our players and coaches
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
quote:
quote:

There you go. I knew you could be more accurate and positive about what we have going here in Aggieland!

Well done, sir!

So can idiotic, hyperbolic predictions. Just stop making them.
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

See the pattern?

What happened?

RB commit. Check.

Ego coming apart?
Nah, just having fun hoping you see the BAS in the mirror. Look, we just received a great RB commit. We are going to have a hand full of Parade All-Americans in this class. How many classes in previous years did we even have 1?

Believe in Sumlin. Believe in Chavis. Believe in the players already on campus, and those that are signing on Wednesday.
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well done, sir!

So can idiotic, hyperbolic predictions. Just stop making them.
I am not making predictions. That's the part you just don't seem to understand. I am reporting what I *know*.
Red Skye
AG
I never understood the appeal of pessimism. Are pessimists so afraid of disappointment that they protect themselves from it at all costs? Living in constant fear seems like a really ****ty way to live.
Deputy Travis Junior
We had a young OL that was above average last year, but nowhere near elite. Yet you KNOW that because 1) they're a year older and 2) we hired a coach from Utah, that they're the going to be one of the best OLs in the country?

Sounds to me like you should go read a little Socrates or at least ponder the phrase "the only thing I know is that I know nothing."
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
I never understood the appeal of pessimism. Are pessimists so afraid of disappointment that they protect themselves from it at all costs? Living in constant fear seems like a really ****ty way to live.
At best, optimism devoid of fact and reason is hope (not something to build one's life on) and at worst it's stupidity (definitely not something to build one's life on).
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
even if we pick up 4 instead of the 5 Rojo said, that's still pretty damn good and i'd still give him his credit on that. in the context of when he posted that, you gota remember he did it when there seemed to be a sense of impending doom setting in over our recruiting stretch run.
AG
quote:
We had a young OL that was above average last year, but nowhere near elite. Yet you KNOW that because 1) they're a year older and 2) we hired a coach from Utah, that they're the going to be one of the best OLs in the country?

Sounds to me like you should go read a little Socrates or at least ponder the phrase "the only thing I know is that I know nothing."
Ahhh, I see where the error is. You are taking your frustration out on me. Me? I know nothing. I am reporting what I am being told. I am nobody. As I have always said, I have "friends in low places". My source(s)? Now, that's a different story. You'd wet your pants if you knew who he was/they were.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

See the pattern?

What happened?

RB commit. Check.

Ego coming apart?
Nah, just having fun hoping you see the BAS in the mirror. Look, we just received a great RB commit. We are going to have a hand full of Parade All-Americans in this class. How many classes in previous years did we even have 1?

Believe in Sumlin. Believe in Chavis. Believe in the players already on campus, and those that are signing on Wednesday.
Who said anybody isn't happy with the good players and coaches we have, and the players we will sign?

That is not the issue

The issue is whether you are still predicting there will be 4 more commitments by signing day, including Mack

Are you right, or have you been blowing smoke up people's asses this whole time?

I sincerely hope it's the former. Why? Because it would be the best thing for our program, and you would get much deserved credit for keeping the fan base accurately informed and enthusiastic

There's no need to insult people or accuse them of disparaging coaches and players. Nobody is doing that
GarryowenAg
AG
quote:

I've always been somewhat of a pessimistic person, because I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I hate to fail moreso than I like winning, so it's easier for me to deal with chit.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Me? I know nothing. I am reporting what I am being told. I am nobody. As I have always said, I have "friends in low places". My source(s)? Now, that's a different story. You'd wet your pants if you knew who he was/they were.

Fair enough
Red Skye
AG
quote:
quote:
At best, optimism devoid of fact and reason is hope (not something to build one's life on) and at worst it's stupidity (definitely not something to build one's life on).
And yet, those that build their lives on hope are happier and live longer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.