Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Flight from Dallas last night...

14,345 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
wood2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kid sitting across the isle from me played at Plano, and was friends with Soso, Kyler and a few others in question. No idea who he was, but he was about 6'4 and 230-240 lbs, and I know he plays. He was discussing NSD with another guy on the flight. He laughed when the guy asked him about Soso. He said he was all over the place. He did mention that he thought his choices were down to UT and UCLA and thought he was a UCLA lean. Then when it came to Kyler, he said he didn't think he would even end up playing football. He said he's a phenomenal baseball player and thinks he'll play one season of baseball then declare for the draft. Anyway, I know it doesn't mean anything. Just words from a kid that knows them.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
This thread makes me feel dirty.
Bunk Moreland
play one season of baseball and then declare for the draft?

Were you confused, or was he confused? Or did he mean play his senior year of baseball at HS this spring?

1) He's going to get drafted by a baseball team before he steps foot on a college campus this June
2) Football season is before baseball season for college
3) You don't have to "declare" for the MLB draft.
4) As soon as he enters college officially, his MLB Draft clock is pushed back 3 years.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Good report thanks, now any sexy stews on board?
wood2007
quote:
Good report thanks, now any sexy stews on board?
Nope, just the typical angry fat@ss that always runs into your elbow as she's saying "excuse me."
Agsuffering@bulaw
Even if he takes the baseball money, we still need to beat the sips at this game. And knowing that Kyler could get offered millions from baseball, KDS should have recruited a second QB.
wood2007
quote:
play one season of baseball and then declare for the draft?

Were you confused, or was he confused? Or did he mean play his senior year of baseball at HS this spring?

1) He's going to get drafted by a baseball team before he steps foot on a college campus this June
2) Football season is before baseball season for college
3) You don't have to "declare" for the MLB draft.
4) As soon as he enters college officially, his MLB Draft clock is pushed back 3 years.
Hell, we could both be confused. I wasn't listening intently the entire time. I do know he said he thought Kyler was going to play baseball instead of football though. I don't know why Kyler would be staying in the lime light the way he is with his recruiting if he wasn't planning to play though. Again, this was all from the 18 year old "friend" of these guys.
Bunk Moreland
whatthecrunchyo
AG
Why would a kid of Plano West know the in depth plans of a kid from Allen?

More importantly, why do we keep treating overheard opinions as having a remote possibly of fact?
wood2007
quote:
Why would a kid of Plano West know the in depth plans of a kid from Allen?

More importantly, why do we keep treating overheard opinions as having a remote possibly of fact?
Plano. Not Plano West. But then, I don't even know the difference, but I know he corrected the dude on that fact. I don't care to know the difference though. Don't care anything about Dallas really.
Jason C.
AG
quote:
quote:
I wasn't listening intently the entire time.

OP:

wood2007
Cool pic.
astnag
op
Sip/troll.
Heismanziel
quote:
Kid sitting across the isle from me played at Plano, and was friends with Soso, Kyler and a few others in question. No idea who he was, but he was about 6'4 and 230-240 lbs, and I know he plays. He was discussing NSD with another guy on the flight. He laughed when the guy asked him about Soso. He said he was all over the place. He did mention that he thought his choices were down to UT and UCLA and thought he was a UCLA lean. Then when it came to Kyler, he said he didn't think he would even end up playing football. He said he's a phenomenal baseball player and thinks he'll play one season of baseball then declare for the draft. Anyway, I know it doesn't mean anything. Just words from a kid that knows them.
"He said he's a phenomenal baseball player and thinks he'll play one season of baseball then declare for the draft."

somebody's lying.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/draftday/rules.jsp
d78230
AG
If I were soso, I'd go to ucla. Mora is s good coach.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
quote:
he was about 6'4 and 230-240 lbs

skinny ankles?
MallalieuAg
AG
I would take the money and go to MLB.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
I talked to someone today and they pretty much agreed with me. So there's that. Seemed to be definitive.
mpaggie06
AG
Aisle.
marble rye
AG
Did you ask him if be could play defense?? Cmon man.
marble rye
AG
Also, fun fact. SD Padres drafted Johnny Football as a short stop.
itsyourboypookie
quote:
Also, fun fact. SD Padres drafted Johnny Football as a short stop.

He may need to look into that soon
Jimtim1216
S
That's ok, I heard from a friend who has a friend that has a friend that Scrong is going to have surgery to add a few inches.......to his height. I also heard from a different friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend of a tu player that they do not need a QB at all and will actually run their offense next season without a QB.
James Wilson, MD
quote:
That's ok, I heard from a friend who has a friend that has a friend that Scrong is going to have surgery to add a few inches.......to his height. I also heard from a different friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend of a tu player that they do not need a QB at all and will actually run their offense next season without a QB.

So, just like this season?
Personal Best
AG
Thought this was going to be a flight aware thread about you finding a flight going from Dallas to Austin...

Missed opportunity
TAMU1990
AG
Kyler is not going to be drafted high enough for this to be an issue. 3/4 round most likely.
TexasAggiesWin
S
#letsride

PlanoAg98
AG
He's project #29 and last year that slot got $1,788,000.
Bobaloo
Hard for anybody to turn down that type of money.
AgBeliever
AG
Especially since you could always do the Mark Farris thing if you don't make it in baseball.
Jimtim1216
S
quote:
quote:

So, just like this season?
Yep, no difference. I think Chollie might elect to kick off at the beginning of the game and at half. His kicker needs a lot of work on his kick off skills and this might be the only way to get him true game experience.
Tamu_mgm
AG

He ain't playing baseball.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.