Story Poster
Photo by Ronnie Woodard, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

B.J. Anderson departs Texas A&M coaching staff

December 18, 2014

Per a University release...

COLLEGE STATION
— Texas A&M head football coach Kevin Sumlin announced today that offensive line coach B.J. Anderson will not return to the Aggie coaching staff.

Anderson came to Texas A&M in 2012 with Sumlin from the University of Houston. Anderson will not coach in the upcoming bowl game.
Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

B.J. Anderson departs Texas A&M coaching staff

51,479 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SiValleyAg68
DallasAggie89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Meximan
I'm most concerned about the recruiting hit; Beatty and Anderson were two of the top ten recruiters in the nation. Out of what has to be over a thousand coaches.
jeepdriver54
AG
Why does recruiting trump coaching? I can hire a lot of 5* employees but if I don't give them the tools to succeed, they are just prospects.
Bryanisbest
AG
Sherman would be great. The further we get away from him in time the worse our OL gets. Turner, his protege would be next best.
Tyrone Shoelaces
AG
When Sumlin was hired, I was curious about the backgrounds of the assistants, so I looked at the resumes, and I remember Anderson's standing out as the least impressive. U of H was the most prominent (if that can be said about UH) program he'd coached at. His other experience had been at Sam Houston St., Tarlton St. and one other nobody program. With the success A&M had the first 2 years, I figured the guy was pretty solid...until the OL underachieved so badly this year.
mid90
AG
What's the over/under on how long Sumlin takes to hire Anderson's replacement?

I'm thinking mid-way through Spring practice at the rate his other hires have been progressing.
MallalieuAg
AG
Good luck coach.
monarch
S
Greg Mattison...
Tyrone Shoelaces
AG
quote:
I'm thinking mid-way through Spring practice at the rate his other hires have been progressing.

Why rush it? Just have him on campus by August 2-a-days...

Mister Mystery Guest
quote:
Haricougar 6:37p
Big no to Jim Turner. Have you heard of the Ted Wells report

Turner probably wouldn't come back here even if we offered after the way his cousin got screwed by us financially. The Sherman immediate and extended family was rightfully pissed about the way they were shown the door here and not paid all of the money they had coming to them. As far as the Ted Wells report, who gives a crap about an NFL OL-man who can't handle a little hazing that wasn't even as bad as what a FIJI pledge would've endured in the mid-90's?
mjschiller
AG
As Coach Snyder said, "this is a production business" and Coach Anderson did not produce in the SEC.
88jrt06
AG
Good luck, Coach.

Bitter pill; I hear you're a good man.

Best wishes for a soft landing and future coaching success.
japantiger
S
Good luck coach. I hope all goes well.

We need to see the Athletic staff step up and get these 2 major posts filled ASAP. Uncertainty appears to already be a problem with D recruiting...can't afford a hit on O as well.
richardsonag
O-Line coach is 2nd most important hire behind the D-Coordinator.
O-Line coach HAS to be a strong one.
Clem
Will Mike Matthews coach the offensive line in the interim? Certainly has the technical proficiency to do it.
SiValleyAg68
AG
Maybe Hunter Goodwin can coach them for the Bowl game.

They could learn more than they have all season.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.