Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

So is it pretty settled at this point that Spav is here to stay for another year?

10,999 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by wasabi1787
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had two of the top high school QB's out there (Hill and Allen) and receivers that could have played anywhere they wanted and the offense could complete a pass over 10 yards. OL was suppose to be a very solid unit going into last season, but they had more open holes than a pron star.

Now we are setting up to have our best recruiting class ever. If they can't deliver on offense then I will be placing a lot of the blame on Spav. It's time to stop making excuses.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
That's pretty late in the season to be looking for a replacement...

Really for OL coach? I can think of a couple right now that would be at A&M this week if they were called.

Jim Turner for one. OL is the one position you could argue is more important to develop talent than recruit it.

No, I thought you were talking about Spav...
fireinthehole
A quote, anonymous,

"A blind monkey as OC should score unlimited points with Kyler Murray, and Kirk, Speedy, RSJ and Reynolds at WR".
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:
Spav staying was never in doubt

Too bad because he might be the worse coordinator in the SEC

Who is the other coordinator in the SEC?
Brewmaster
AG
quote:

quote:
"A blind monkey as OC...
LOL - y'all are on fire, blue star for you both
DM44
W. Virginia just lost their OC to Kentucky.

Maybe Spav wants to return to the Mountaineers.
Oilfield Aggie12
Maybe that is why sumlin interviewed Darrell Wyatt. To help with the play calling. Hopefully he gets hired.
bjraggie10
AG
quote:
Spav will be our head coach and Sumlin the OC. We're innovative.
quote:
I would take Snyder back if it meant getting rid of Spav.
No Spin Ag
quote:
quote:

quote:
"A blind monkey as OC...
LOL - y'all are on fire, blue star for you both
+1
Ribby P
AG
quote:
Unless he takes another job that he wants?

Or if the Sony Hackers force him to step down.
30Aaggie
AG
While I don't think we needed to hire somebody to "learn on the job" but I am sure Spav will adjust and learn. The difference in the coordinators is Spav just needs to tweek his play calling and Sumlin needs to help with proper player packages. Snyder refused to adapt to the talent he had. He seemed to just try the same crap over and over. I think Spav deserves another year and I expect a great improvement.
AGHouston11
AG
quote:
Both in the technical aspects of my field and in running my business, I have learned quite a bit from my mistakes. We have made changes and improved the service we provide our patients every year because of our failures. Of course, we continue with the things that work well.

Some people on here seem to assume that Spav ( as well as Sumlin and the position coaches) have no ability to look at what worked and what didn't, and improve their own system. Perhaps it is because they themselves have no knack for self improvement. I hope Spav is a great success and makes you guys eat your words.
How many years do you allow your scheduler to continue to give you the wrong amount of time for a procedure? How many years do you allow your front desk not to collect the appropriate amount?
Of course its not years! In fact if the same thing keeps happening week after week its changed then.

When you see the same problems game after game and no changes as an outside observer you can safely make an assumption that nothing new is going to be done. Snyder lost his job and had less to work with. Not to mention he had a fellow offensive coordinator that could not convert 3rd downs.
Spav had a more to work with and produced very little. Everyone expected the defense to not be as good but it was also expected for the offense to not be so bad.

Let's just hope we are not here next year changing OC. Also Sumlin shares a huge amount of responsibility for Spav's failures. Surely there is something going on during the game when he has that headset on? 59-0 Bama was a team off track .............and so much of a reminder of Fran years we want to forget.
Silent For Too Long
quote:
What phatbeast said. He needs more time. All you clowns need to simmer down. Need to stop the OC carousel. O. line play and TE play was disappointing this year. We're just too young on offense and defense. In Sumlin we trust.
This.

All the skill position players in a skill position heavy offense were freshman and sophmores, except our backs, which is a legitimate are of criticism for Spav. However, this offense does tend to run better when the short passes and quick slants are hitting, and all of that should just naturally improve with an extra year of Allen and our young receivers getting on the same page.

Throw in some Kirk, maybe McNeil in the two deep. I'm willing to give Spav one more year.
Silent For Too Long
Not to say his leash shouldn't be short. He must improve significantly next year or he gets yanked.

But one more year when you are already flipping DCs seems reasonable. And I think it's a safe bet the offense will improve.
Turkey 87
AG
quote:
Oilfield Aggie129:42p, yesterday

Maybe that is why sumlin interviewed Darrell Wyatt. To help with the play calling. Hopefully he gets hired.

I think this is what will happen as well...
doubledegreeAG
AG
quote:
quote:
He didn't seem to have that ability during the course of last year.

Guess you missed the SC and Auburn games. Snyder was the problem and to a degree also Sumlin, not Spav.
Did you not watch the last 5 minutes of the Auburn game?

Only a gift from the football gods allowed us to snatch victory from the jaws of Spav's "play calling/clock management".
wasabi1787
AG
quote:
quote:
Spav staying was never in doubt

Too bad because he might be the worse coordinator in the SEC

English. Do you speak it?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.