Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Offense s**t the bed, not Defense

7,918 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aggieaviator
DontDoubtElDandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This was the most predictable offense that A&M has played all year. They didn't need a passing game to win. Miles knew he could just run the ball and bleed the clock all game.
whatthehey78
AG
Reply to OP, and I quote..."whatever"
d78230
AG
Fire sny_er and demote spav back to qb coach. He's just not ready for OC duties.

The oline coach needs to be reassigned to recruiting only and Hagen?? Prob needs to be replaced too. I'm also concerned about our s&c coach. He's supposed to be outstanding but we are getting pushed around every game in the trenches.

Our special teams was about the only aspect of the team that played well all year.

CaptnJerry
quote:
Spav has to go. Snyder goes if we have a clear cut better option. The guy knows defense and Id like to see what he could do with a healthy defense that doesn't have 10 true fish playing on it.
I agree, but on the other hand how many years has he had 10 true fish playing?
He my be a great guy and his players may love him, but he just doesn't seem capable of developing the recruited talent hence the constant starting of true fish...
CaptnJerry
quote:
Fire sny_er and demote spav back to qb coach. He's just not ready for OC duties.

The oline coach needs to be reassigned to recruiting only and Hagen?? Prob needs to be replaced too. I'm also concerned about our s&c coach. He's supposed to be outstanding but we are getting pushed around every game in the trenches.

Our special teams was about the only aspect of the team that played well all year.

This^
TexasAggiesWin
S
We gave up 500+ yards on defense, but we can't complain about that, we have to blame all those yards on our offense. When will some realize this entire team is really bad?
Smokedraw01
They aren't really bad. Really bad teams don't win 7 games.
romanagg11
200 yards rushing in the first half and op says defense is fine. Damn can you be anymore dilusional??? Mediocre mentality.
Picadillo
OP is right
beezman
AG
so if offense futility is leading to increase in # of possessions to have to defend, look at the # of yards or points per possession to judge Snyder under Kingsbsbury vs Spav
Bunkhouse96
AG
quote:
quote:
When your offense only gets two first downs in a half, your defense is probably going to give up yards sooner or later, unless you have serious
talent on hand.
Except they were giving up yards from the first snap. Only reason they had a couple of possessions there where they didn't punch it in was Les Miles is a complete idiot and tried to throw the ball with an abysmal QB. However, Les isn't Spav level idiot, so by mid-2nd quarter even he realized against us you just run the football and that's all you need to do.

So, why did they only score 6 points the second half?
GarryowenAg
AG
59-0

what more can I say
Picadillo
LSU only scored 6 in 2nd half. Offense s**t the bed. Spav should go before Snyder
p-wonk01
AG
Spav needs to be next...not off the team, but no longer calling plays
aggieaviator
AG
They were both atrocious for most of our SEC games.
Arguing who was worst is like asking what is worst to have Ebola or AIDS.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.