Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Even KHOU Channel 11 News

10,784 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by sports
Heismanziel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
showed a replay in slow motion of the LSU defender going offsides in their short sportscast.
suburban cowboy
AG
Chita Johnson
Ridge14
Yes everyone in the nation knows it was an obvious call minus a few dudes on the field in stripes
crag
AG
The former head of NFL officiating said that the SEC refs are grossly incompetent or seriously corrupt. You decide.
Post removed:
by user
curry97
AG
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/10/26/mike-pereira-sec-officiating-alabama-tennessee-auburn-mississippi-state-mike-slive/17960763/
TAMU74
AG
^
^
^
Thanks.
Post removed:
by user
suburban cowboy
AG
Damn
Dawg-97
AG
Watching newscast here n Austin anreven they said it was offsides. EVERYONE knows it was offsides except the refs??? These guys were awful from the start. Phantom flags that were picked up? Why were they thrown to begin with?SEC officiating this year has been brutal across the board. Not just our games...All games...

batez302
Who cares.... We didnt deserve to win that game. We got outcoached, outplayed. Sumlin doesnt show any emotion that he even cares about this team. Snyder and spav got to go and sumlin better watch his back
AgBeliever
AG
Everyone knows the officiating was terrible in that game. It was so obvious that it was pathetic.

But not as pathetic as our head coach refusing to address the matter.

No huevos.
GhostRider76
AG
Coach Miles jumped all over that refs after a penalty was called on the LSU defense earlier in the game. Miles was yelling at the ref so much that It looked to me that the Ref just over looked the offside penalty so he won't have to hear Coach Miles Rag on him again...You can't have scared Refs in a game....
Waterski02
AG
i watched the game with my brother in law who went to LSU, neither of have never seen a down replayed due to referee incompetence, not to mention a totally blown targeting call, and then a blatantly missed offsides. that said he had no problem drinking my whiskey or taking my 20 bucks.
WolfCall
AG
I remember people posting on TexAgs that one of the reasons they were happy we were going to the SEC was getting away from the "Crap Big-12 Referees". What happened? I thought the SEC referees were going to be "The Bomb".
Amazing Moves
We are still paying Sherman. Sumlin will be here for a while.
AgBeliever
AG
Sumlin will be here one more year if we are winless in SEC games at Kyle again next year.

You can bet that there is going to be a lot of talk about the upgrades to Kyle and losing all the SEC games.
JJxvi
AG
That Pereirra article explains how the officials overturned their incomplete call on the sack fumble before review. Someone told them to change their call to fumble, which allowed Miles to get in the inadvertent whistle argument, something which also already happened this year to them in another game,
shotcaller1
AG
quote:
Chita Johnson
shotcaller1
AG
quote:
Chita Johnson
KidDoc
AG
One of the picked up flags was a near facemask by our Aggies on a run. On the replay you can see the LSU guy's facemask was brushed but not grabbed. No idea on the other phantom flags aside from the uncalled pick play.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Muy
AG
I call bs on the "we didn't deserve to win" comment. Stats didn't matter at the point we were driving to win the game. At that point, we could have won and deserved to win the game. The refs took that oppty away, period.
texagg14
AG
quote:
The former head of NFL officiating said that the SEC refs are grossly incompetent or seriously corrupt. You decide.

I mean that's obvious. Said it walking out, they're either stupid as **** or gettin paid.
dachsie
Refs were horrible for both sides. They miss that blatant holding call on you at the beginning of the game as well as the offsides by us. Maybe they were ticked to be there on thanksgiving too we probably got the worst team of officials cause no one wanted the thanksgiving duty. Who knows
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Bad calls or not

Blaming the refs means we aren't dominate like we need to be in this league and division.

Sumlin and Co choked big for this game. Plain and simple.
Short Round
quote:
Watching newscast here n Austin anreven they said it was offsides. EVERYONE knows it was offsides except the refs??? These guys were awful from the start. Phantom flags that were picked up? Why were they thrown to begin with?SEC officiating this year has been brutal across the board. Not just our games...All games...

Diversion tactic to offset tcu butt kicking
StayPuft
AG
Sometimes we get the breaks, but this team this year with the exception of the Auburn game, this team hasn't gotten anything.

It has always bothered me when officiating or lack thereof has determined the outcome of the game, and this game it certainly did. KA never throws that pass had the LSU player never jumped, plain and simple. While officiating should never be an excuse for losing a winnable game, it deprived us of the opportunity to get it done on the most important drive of the game.
ashley
We are blaming the refs when they had 25 to 12 first downs and 491 yards to our 228.
TexAgs91
AG
quote:
We are blaming the refs when they had 25 to 12 first downs and 491 yards to our 228.
Maybe so. But we still had a legitimate shot for a touchdown on that last drive.
PharmD4
AG
quote:

I dont even know where to begin with arguments like this...
gopitt
The refs did not cost this game.
LSU's ground game ran at will all night long.
Until A&M gets a defense you can blame anybody or anything you want but all you will see is continued losing.
Throw a decent offensive line into the mix also.
A&M looked and played terrible last night.
AggieBB
AG
quote:

Yes numb nuts. They blew the final drive of the game with a BS no call. Pretty good chance we win the game if the obvious offsides is called. Points>stats dip sheet
sports
We are fighting the same battle we did vs the sips, eff the SEC
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.