Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

That Ole Miss loss...

6,670 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by coupland boy
Meximan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...Either looks worse now, or that Arkansas win is looking better. I can't decide which.
Post removed:
by user
Bunny Ag
who cares what loses look like when you have 4 and more
Brewmaster
AG
Looking worse...we are not the same team that beat Arky, and they have improved over the season, we've digressed.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Arkansas has gotten better. Ole Miss lost Treadwell. Hth
Frisco - Ag
AG
Both
coupland boy
AG
quote:
Both

But we should talk down our team and make it bad on both accounts.
Off_The_Wood
AG
Agree Arkansas is much better than their record indicates, but a win over a team that is 6-5, and 2-5 in conference can't ever look "good"
coupland boy
AG
^there you go.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Well, had Kenny not given Ole Miss two TDs maybe that game turns out differently.

But you can't make assumptions about how things might have turned out because those defensive TDs changed how they approached the rest of the game.
Roman Empire
AG
Glad we caught Arkansas early. Bert may have this SEC thing figured out now. Great, now EVERY team in the SEC West is good.
aggiedent
AG
Keep in mind a couple things about the west division next year before making sweeping predictions based on year end performance.

Both Mississippi schools graduate a large chunk of their team. Arkansas graduates half their defensive starters and have not been recruiting real well.

I don't look food any of those 3 teams to challenge Alabama, Auburn, or LSU for the top.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
You can't really compare those two games. We lost to Ole Miss before their team got hurt, and we beat Arkansas before they got their **** together.

Point being: if we played Ole Miss today it would be a close game, if we played Arkansas today it would be ugly......really ugly
mid90
AG
quote:
Well, had Kenny not given Ole Miss two TDs maybe that game turns out differently.

But you can't make assumptions about how things might have turned out because those defensive TDs changed how they approached the rest of the game.
If we don't give up those two defensive TDs, Hugh Freeze doesn't play uber-conservatively in the second half, and we still get soundly beat.
Space91
AG
Arkansas could beat FSU and I don't think it would be close.
BoDog
AG
What hurts the most is that loss to mizzou. That one will sting. Could of finished 4-4 or 5-3.. I sound like a sip for saying this but how in the hell do we lose to a school like that with the resources we have, location, recruiting advantage, etc etc. Pinkel must be a genius!

Aggiefanforever2012
AG
I think it looks good competing in the best division in cfb. Arkansas could potentially win the Big12 or B1G if they played in them
Bachelor99
AG
Mizzou/pinkel are doing something right recruiting wise....last year had solid defense with 2 top DE....this year again solid defense with 2 top DE and athletes all over....where are these athletes for us? Freakin pathetic
BoDog
AG
There is no doubt the INSERT SEC WEST TEAM HERE would when the Big 12.
Frok
AG
We would not win the Big 12.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
What hurts the most is that loss to mizzou. That one will sting. Could of finished 4-4 or 5-3.. I sound like a sip for saying this but how in the hell do we lose to a school like that with the resources we have, location, recruiting advantage, etc etc. Pinkel must be a genius!

Growing pains. Could 'have' btw.

Agree about Missouri. They are a very beatable team and of all the folks we lost to this year thay one os regrettable.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Arkansas has a defense after terrible seasons. We still flounder about with an awful defense.
fieldtrailer
AG
Arkansas juicing. No way they get that big that fast. Getting stronger as season goes along while most teams battling injuries. Up there where no one cares, no media attention. NCAA has rules limiting practice time, so coaching can't have that much of an impact during season.
coupland boy
AG
Doubt that. Give them credit where credit is due.
STX Ag
AG
quote:
Arkansas juicing. No way they get that big that fast. Getting stronger as season goes along while most teams battling injuries. Up there where no one cares, no media attention. NCAA has rules limiting practice time, so coaching can't have that much of an impact during season.

You serious bro?
fieldtrailer
AG
quote:
quote:

You serious bro?
Add to that, their ad gaining more and more power, allowing him to have access to all attention given to school from outsiders. Why i said awile back, if he gets sec commissioner, we done.
Burnsey
AG
quote:

You are so right. Texas is so good. Just you wait until they play TCU. What a great conference top to bottom.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
quote:

You are so right. Texas is so good. Just you wait until they play TCU. What a great conference top to bottom.
That same conference we won year in and year out, amirite?
STX Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You serious bro?
Add to that, their ad gaining more and more power, allowing him to have access to all attention given to school from outsiders. Why i said awile back, if he gets sec commissioner, we done.

You're cracking me up brotato.
that poster
Now we're dissecting losses? Pathetic. But I guess if that's all we have to debate, dissect on!

I worry that that many don't realize how bad a shape we are in, in spite of 15 years of this ( ex two years of JFF).

Sherrill brought the real swag and it left with him.
fieldtrailer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You serious bro?

You're cracking me up brotato.
Ark left sec in 92 after very successful run. Been 2nd and 3rd tier in sec for 20 years. He\they feel they a rre due. The
Last thing he wants is for us to be successful.
cc10106
The A&M team that showed up against Carolina and Auburn would beat the pigs again.
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I'm pretty sure that conference had UT and OU squads that were in national title contention year in and year out, with oSu, Tech, Nebraska, and Mizzou in the top 15-20 most years, and A&M and Kansas State, and even KU under Mangino, hovering in the 20-25 range.

Today's Big 12 bears little, if any, resemblance to the conference that A&M played in.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I'm pretty sure that conference had UT and OU squads that were in national title contention year in and year out, with oSu, Tech, Nebraska, and Mizzou in the top 15-20 most years, and A&M and Kansas State, and even KU under Mangino, hovering in the 20-25 range.

Today's Big 12 bears little, if any, resemblance to the conference that A&M played in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.