Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If KA struggles

8,536 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Sparkie
Tamu_mgm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If KA struggles even a little bit it will be inexcusable for the zoo. They want perfection even from a true freshman.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
The zoo could get every change they want and still be *****y. (too many different opinions.)

Many people love to complain and criticize everything that doesn't work as something they would never do; and act like they had something to do with others that succeed.

I'm hoping to see some flashes of brilliance, rather than consistent perfection.

I'd also pay ULM double their payday if they'd be willing to run their offense/defense like Auburn. Not that they'd be able to execute to their level; but to give Allen and our D a look at what's coming.
TAMC11
AG
His little bit of playing time this year was with 2nd and 3rd string receivers, backs, and o-line if I'm not mistaking, which would account for his picks. Let's see what he does with starters.
Jimtim1216
S
I do not have any malice or hatred toward Kenny. I do feel for him, having said that, if he would not have had the game he had against SC, then this would have happened much sooner. The performance in the SC game made this a very hard and long process for the coaches. They had to believe that they could pull him out of the regression. The qb position is one that the other areas on the offense feed off of the qb.
I have never like Kenny's seemingly low-keyed approach. I always like Johnny's get in your face high motor approach. I think you will see the same type of approach with Kyle. When KA was in with the the 1's at the Lamar game he was definitely a fiery leader. I like that.

You do not recruit this best rated qb in the nation to sit for very long when the qb playing is regressing.
jwal
Although there may well be some growing pains and rough spots, I just cannot see KA doing so poorly tomorrow that Coach Sumlin will be forced to sound the trumpet for KH and the cavalry to charge over the hill (or with the Hill) and rescue the wagon train.

I think we'll know pretty quick if KA is as advertisedl or not.

Escobars army
Unless he looks totally lost and KS sences that it is hindering his development, KA needs to take every snap the rest of the year and be given the chance to be the #1 next year starting the season. We have never had a guy with this type of arm talent. He is arguably the most talented QB Sumlin has ever worked with, give the guy a fair chance.
AgBeliever
AG
I agree with you Escobars.
WolfofNG
AG
Since we've pulled the rip cord & started him. It will take a catastrophe to pull him now. There is a lot to be said to come in & with only spring camp experience be dead even for the job. The upside is there, just have to wait it out.
Jimtim1216
S
quote:
Since we've pulled the rip cord & started him. It will take a catastrophe to pull him now. There is a lot to be said to come in & with only spring camp experience be dead even for the job. The upside is there, just have to wait it out.
Completely agree. He will have bad moments ang good. I have the feeling the good will far outweigh the bad.
STX Ag
AG
Ok, heres exactly how this **** is gonna go down bros:

1. Kid gets first start against ULM (sheety team) and tears it up
2. Texags proclaims him the best QB ever and a dark horse heisman candidate
3. Texags makes endless nickname threads
4. Kid looks like **** against auburn and LSU
5. Texags hates the kid and says sumlin should have known better all along

Book it. Awe hell, triple book it.
fireinthehole
We be screwed den.

I am actually more concerned about Kyler Murray. If he enrolls in January all will be good. He is going to have to decide soon whether he is going to stay in HS and play baseball or enroll early to get a head start on winning the qb job.
Hill Country Ag
AG
CAT = Chip Ambres Time
Sparkie
AG
quote:
Who does the zoo want next?
Put in some defensive players. They are good at dodging tackles.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.