Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

OUT NOW! Marooned in Aggieland: A Bumbling Brit Discovers CFB, Guns N' Waffles

39,413 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tabasco
EnglishAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Also! Recommended it to my sister who's also an Ag, & she says she could find it on her iPad, but not on her Nook reader?
Finally now available as a Nook Book on Barnes & Noble (also available as an eBook on Kindle & iTunes). Sorry for the delay!

As for the reviews on Amazon and comments on here, thank you again so much. Certainly makes all the hard work 100% worth it!
MaxHenry
quote:
quote:
Also! Recommended it to my sister who's also an Ag, & she says she could find it on her iPad, but not on her Nook reader?
Finally now available as a Nook Book on Barnes & Noble (also available as an eBook on Kindle & iTunes). Sorry for the delay!
Excellent.
coppag92
AG
Ordered earlier and was shipped yesterday according to tracking. Should have any day now. Cheerio!
TomAllenCo02
Just ordered me & the wife a couple of copies. Now need the mailman to hurry up...
AggieZUUL
AG
Just finished this book...a mere two days to read... couldn't put the book down. Go pick up a copy.
Agnzona
Just order 2 copies!
teecoy
AG
Purchased, excited to read!
Agnzona
EnglishAggie,

What does your family and friends think we they read your book or hear some of the stories?
EnglishAggie
Howdy!

Flew into Texas last night - so currently soaking up Aggieland/adapting to horrific jet lag.

Just to let y'all know, I will be on TexAgs radio tomorrow at 10:30 to discuss the book. Also, if you're in College Station this Friday, I'm doing a signing at Aggieland Outfitters on University Drive from 5-7pm. Please drop by, say hello and get a book signed! Would mean the world to me!

Thank you!

Agnzona
Just finished it in two evenings. Loved it and think you can make a decent career out of this writing thing. Even the theme has potential, a year following a cricket team in India, Australian Rules Football etc...
Thanks and proud to call you an Aggie Josh!

My only thought Josh was did you have a camera during your adventures? Would have been nice to see you and your Aggie friends and some of the other amusing sights, like Gunspoint!
hassan10s
AG
Just bought. Looking forward to it!
Cappy407
AG
Just purchased. Looking forward to reading it. Good luck, Josh.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
Just to let y'all know, I will be on TexAgs radio tomorrow at 10:30 to discuss the book

I see what you did there.
Menartx
AG
Just bought my copy on iTunes
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Just to let y'all know, I will be on TexAgs radio tomorrow at 10:30 to discuss the book.

EnglishAggie
quote:
quote:
Just to let y'all know, I will be on TexAgs radio tomorrow at 10:30 to discuss the book.

rather be fishing
AG
English, I'd like to purchase a book, but I'm in CS, and I'd really like to have a signed copy. Anyway to make that happen?
hassan10s
AG
quote:
English, I'd like to purchase a book, but I'm in CS, and I'd really like to have a signed copy. Anyway to make that happen?
I actually ordered mine on Amazon but I'd like to get it signed too if there is a way
hassan10s
AG
Just finished. Must say, you found a way to experience, and then portray many of the things it means to be an Aggie in amazing fashion . Great read, glad you enjoyed your time here. Thanks and Gig'em!
EnglishAggie
Howdy!

It has been terrific being back - quite sad that I've only got 2 days left in College Station! Huge thank you to TexAgs for having me on the Fan Show last week and to Aggieland Outfitters for the book signing last Friday (and to everyone who came and said hello - it was a surreal experience!)

Had a few messages on here and Twitter enquiring if there's any other ways to get a signed book. FYI, Aggieland Outfitters will be making quite a few available soon, but if you want to get one signed while I'm still in town, I will be at Buffalo Wild Wings bar area tonight (from around 6.30pm onwards - I will have a couple of the books on the table) so if you want to swing by, please feel free! Would be great to meet as many of you as I can before flying back across the pond.

As always, thanks and Gig 'em!!

Josh
hassan10s
AG
Don't know if you got to go last year, but you should try and come out to student bonfire tonight! Get to see another great part of the Aggie Spirit
fooz
TomAllenCo02
Thought I would give this a little bump as I finished reading it today and thoroughly enjoyed it. So cool/interesting to see Aggieland from such a perspective. Ordered an extra five copies to give out as Christmas presents!

Gig 'em!
Tabasco
AG
I bought three earlier today
Smithjg
I started it Monday night and finished it today. You did an excellent job of describing Aggie Football as well as Aggieland. I do recommend it, it would make a great Christmas gift for any Aggie!
TomAllenCo02
My favorite extract when talking about the war hymn:

Without warning, something curious happened. A large, brutish man that had been sweating like a vegetarian in Fargo's BBQ, slung his damp arm around my neck.

LOL.
EnglishAggie
Thanks guys!

Also, just a heads up - Amazon are running a 25% discount special offer until the 14th December - so you can get a copy for as little as $9. Just use the discount code when purchasing: BOOKDEAL25. - http://www.amazon.com/Marooned-Aggieland-Bumbling-Discovers-Football/dp/1457532158/ref=pd_cart_wl_1_p?ie=UTF8&colid=25QY81W50AG0I&coliid=I1NY6XGUXNQA9L&refRID=0GXXEE4PSD7CA51ZYN76

Merry Christmas!
Evan_AG02
quote:
Thanks guys!

Also, just a heads up - Amazon are running a 25% discount special offer until the 14th December - so you can get a copy for as little as $9. Just use the discount code when purchasing: BOOKDEAL25. - http://www.amazon.com/Marooned-Aggieland-Bumbling-Discovers-Football/dp/1457532158/ref=pd_cart_wl_1_p?ie=UTF8&colid=25QY81W50AG0I&coliid=I1NY6XGUXNQA9L&refRID=0GXXEE4PSD7CA51ZYN76

Merry Christmas!
If you insist. Just bought two for my twin bros - they were born on Christmas Eve so they can have a copy each as their joint birthday/Christmas presents. Thanks! Good deal.
akaggie05
AG
Just ordered two!
EnglishAggie
Apologies for giving this a cheeky bump, but it's the last day before Christmas that you can get 25% off the book (meaning you can get a copy for as little as $9) - you just need to use the discount code at checkout when purchasing: BOOKDEAL25 - Buy From Amazon

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas everyone!!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Apologies for giving this a cheeky bump, but it's the last day before Christmas that you can get 25% off the book (meaning you can get a copy for as little as $9) - you just need to use the discount code at checkout when purchasing: BOOKDEAL25 - Buy From Amazon

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas everyone!!

He said "cheeky"

EnglishAggie
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the shameless bump/plug

It's a year to the day that I released Marooned in Aggieland and just wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has bought a copy and been so supportive. It really has been a humbling experience - I miss Aggieland every single day.

Also, just wanted to mention that the book was finally released on the Google Play store a little while ago. I know some people asked on this thread about Android availability, but there was a delay that took a few months to sort out. The book is now available on all platforms.

Thanks again and Gig 'Em! Looking forward to staying up until 4am on Saturday to watch us beat the hell outta Mississippi State!

Josh
schmendeler
AG
I enjoyed your book, and appreciated the outsider's perspective.
Capt. America
AG
Thanks for the bump! Hopefully we will see you back in town sooner rather than later!
AgBQ-00
AG
Loved every word of the book. Was such a fun read and I finished off in a matter of hours. Hope you get to come back to Aggieland soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.