Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Last time A&M started 6-0?

10,728 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by spaceman
dcowboy808
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw all 5 Fran years... 2003-2008...I deserve a medal
The Debt
If I get POTD, can staff expunge my record?
MROD92
TCTTS more than just entertainment source
TCTTS
12thGauge
Last year when we won the natty... duh
RealMcCoy09
AG
05-10

Nothing special to speak of those seasons. And got to watch the herpes of the ATM Bevel spread even further.
The Debt
I came back to Texas for 12-7 in DKR
12thGauge
quote:

We wuz at the same game
The Debt
quote:
quote:

We wuz at the same game

Eskimo Brothers
281TexAg
AG
I'm class of '11 so I have absolutely no personal attachment to those A&M teams of the 90's, but it irritates me when people try to dismiss their accomplishments. No other program has gone four seasons without a loss in conference play since A&M did it from 91 to 94. Those teams were very talented. For a while A&M was among the programs with the most players in the NFL. Just looking on paper, I still don't think our program is quite where we were from 91 to 94. We're getting there, though. We are very close.
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
I'm class of '11 so I have absolutely no personal attachment to those A&M teams of the 90's, but it irritates me when people try to dismiss their accomplishments. No other program has gone four seasons without a loss in conference play since A&M did it from 91 to 94. Those teams were very talented. For a while A&M was among the programs with the most players in the NFL. Just looking on paper, I still don't think our program is quite where we were from 91 to 94. We're getting there, though. We are very close.
Excellent post. I wouldn't have bothered to post it myself, so I'm glad someone did.
Artorias
AG
If we win this weekend, can we make shirts that say "6-0 We Believe" ?

That would be sweet...
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
If we win this weekend, can we make shirts that say "6-0 We Believe" ?

You do realize that AO lurks this board right? Pretty sure they already stole your idea.
Artorias
AG
quote:
You do realize that AO lurks this board right? Pretty sure they already stole your idea.

Well hopefully it works out better for us than it did Miss St. when they had their "We Believe" a couple years ago.
Gordo14
Saturday. 3pm
ag-bq-seventy
AG
quote:
We could join the Sun Belt if you olds want to relive your glory days of beating down on teams in the FBS (Division I for you olds) cellar.

But seriously, going 6-0 to start this year would trump anything we did back in the 90s to start a year.

Although, living in the past, it would be nice to get some payback this year on Notre Dame and FSU for our Cotton Bowl losing streak they gave us in the 90s. I wouldn't mind beating FSU there this year.
I'd like to relive the glory years when Aggies respected each other and didn't insult others who were older.
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
I'd like to relive the glory years when Aggies respected each other and didn't insult others who were older.

Get over yourself. I was going to games during that time (the early & mid 90s) and that part of my post was mostly in jest. Those were great teams we had back then, with crazy good defenses. It was fun to watch them. They just didn't play anyone worth a damn most weeks, and that can't even be argued otherwise with a shred of legitimacy.
spaceman
AG
I've got to learn to get got like TrueAgg just got got.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.