Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Religious obligations blues

10,063 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by The Quadfather
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I watch in church on mute.

ahem, uhh...nobody sees this, right??

Only God, but I'm sure he's grateful he's also got something good to watch during church as well.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
I watch in church on mute.

ahem, uhh...nobody sees this, right??

Only God, but I'm sure he's grateful he's also got something good to watch during church as well.
God is the ultimate multitasker.
mrnegative
quote:
quote:
If I'm going to be able to watch the game this weekend, it will only be the very end of it. I'm going to be in synagogue from 8:30 to 2:30 and miss most of the game.

You shouldn't have the TV on until after sundown anyway!

Conservative Judaism. Get it in your life
BeveledAg
quote:
Are the dudes in that picture wearing blocks of legos on their heads or mini-Rubik's cubes? Is it part of Seder?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin
BeveledAg
quote:
quote:
quote:
If I'm going to be able to watch the game this weekend, it will only be the very end of it. I'm going to be in synagogue from 8:30 to 2:30 and miss most of the game.

Sounds more like reform Judaism
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sounds more like reform Judaism

I've been trying to convince my inlaws that bacon wrapped shrimp is Kosher. Two negatives equal a positive, right?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
quote:
Religious rituals have always seemed silly to me, but Jewish rituals take the cake. Especially the odd things they do during Shabbat and the even odder things they do to get around Shabbat restrictions.

I'm with ya, man. I think ritualistic chants in front of a torture device, followed by characterization of human sacrifice and cannibalism, makes much more sense

I'm not into Christian mythology either.
HookThis
AG
REM wrote a song about this very issue
The Quadfather
AG
Christians aren't so bad Mrnegative, when you buy one of our books, you get one of yours for free.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.