Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Remember when Matt Davis said...

9,343 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by beerad12man
Shooz in Katy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Something to the effect of "I can't wait to run Sumlins offense where we beat teams so badly running up the score that they never ever want play us again."

Now I am a huge Matt Davis fan but I wonder what his thoughts on the subject are now? Intriguingly ironic. The Schu is on the other foot now, as they say.

S
phatbeast
AG
Did you just post this so that you could make a pun using your username?

Delete thread, ban user.
JoeOlson
AG
Davis is still an Ag in my mind. Tough to hate on the kid - he just came in at the wrong time. I'm sure he regrets saying that, but I hope he plays well against us (if he's back from injury yet).
gonemaroon
AG
Gotta root for the kid
powerbiscuit
He recruited Reynolds for us after he left the program. He helped keep the class together after Sherman was fired. I'm not sure why any ag would want to talk crap about him.
DayAg!
S
Good guy, let him alone.
GregZeppelin
AG
I'm still a big fan of Davis. I hope he does well at SMU despite their overall terribleness, and at least gets a shot at the pros.
FriendlyAg
quote:
He recruited Reynolds for us after he left the program. He helped keep the class together after Sherman was fired. I'm not sure why any ag would want to talk crap about him.

No one talked crap about him.
Shooz in Katy
AG
I ain't diggin on the godfather of Ag Swag, I love the dude! I'm just pointing out his situation is really really ironic given his collegiate career. I feel bad for him immensely.

Best case scenario he gets healthy and thrives next year in a new system. He IS an Aggie, and one if my favorites.
Shooz in Katy
AG
quote:

Delete thread, ban user.

No. It just worked out that way. But I can see how you'd infer that given my volume of thread ****ting this morning. At one point I had 100% of the threads showing me as the last poster. Both sad and awesome.
TMartin
If Davis said this then so be it. Matt is a good kid and came to A&M with Trey and they were going to change things and they have. I wish he had gone to safety or WR and was starring for A&M right not but it just didn't work out that way. I wish him all the success in the world.
Human
AG
Well done OP

Props to you
HookThis
AG
Ian Neff
AG
A shot at the pros?

I appreciate you saying that but it's far and away a better idea for him to get plugged into the SMU/Dallas financial industry than even waste one second thinking about football after college.
EliteZags
AG
quote:

Delete thread, ban user.

he actually created his username years ago in progrnostication of Davis coming here then transferring to a school we would face after replacing our Heisman winner with another Heisman candidate leading a top 10 team with elite offense all culminating to his making a thread post with the ultimate pun

all hail OP we are not worthy
tbirdspur2010
AG
Matt Davis is a good Ag, regardless of the decal currently on his helmet. Life happens.

Gig 'Em, Father of Ag Swag!
Scotty Flamingo
He meant Sumlin is gonna take the SMU job
SA-AG72
AG
Matt's original statement is still valid. Why would he change his mind? What quarterback wouldn't want to do the same thing to their opponents no matter what team they were playing on.
AggieBQ03
AG
I happen to think the OP has a great point. You could say the aggiebq03 is really on the other foot now, as they say.
Rutedown
MD!
agsquirrel97
AG
quote:
Something to the effect of "I can't wait to run Sumlins offense where we beat teams so badly running up the score that they never ever want play us again."

Now I am a huge Matt Davis fan but I wonder what his thoughts on the subject are now? Intriguingly ironic. The Schu is on the other foot now, as they say.

S
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
I'm still a big fan of Davis. I hope he does well at SMU despite their overall terribleness, and at least gets a shot at the pros.

The pros? My god
amejiajr
Once an Aggie always an Aggie. To bad it didnt work out for him at A&M.
Stockholm Syndrome
AG
Hope he doesn't get Stockholm syndrome.

See. I can do it too...
98WFSCAG
AG
Davis will always be an Ag and a maybe the first in the line of Ag recruit recruiters. Love the guy but still hope Myles still has 10 sacks this game and we win by 60.
Shooz in Katy
AG
quote:
Hope he doesn't get Stockholm syndrome.

See. I can do it too...

I see what you did there.
AZHECTOR
That was schularious
Post removed:
by user
Shooz in Katy
AG
quote:
That was schularious

And we all thought the OP was funny - but not as funny AZHECTOR.
Al Bula
AG
No doubt Matt Davis wishes he was back down here running Sumlin's 3rdCoast offense.
MondayMorningQB
AG
This thread has the squints
Helms96
AG
Delete thread, ban user and the "Schu"t him
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
AnalogyAg
Pretty classless post. Smu is hurting- sick of these kind of threads, and even worse dragging matt into it.
AggieBQ03
AG
quote:
Pretty classless post. Smu is hurting- sick of these kind of threads, and even worse dragging matt into it.

Well we all know what you do with an injured horse...

You Schu(t) him.
beerad12man
AG
quote:

Man up Nancy. This isn't a classless post
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.