Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tu to play Michigan in 2024 & 2027

7,311 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Little Rock Ag
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's be honest. If we win the natty, we will be absolutely unbearable to other fanbases.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
The point is if they played right now it would be a cripple fight.

If we played Michigan State OOC right now it would be a top 10 match up. I would live to see this series that was never played back on the schedule.

This series for tu is a match up of "has beens."
stantxag
AG
2024? We should buzz the stadium in our jetpacks!
ColoAg95
AG
tuck Fexas & muck Fichigan! Two worthless pieces of garbage.
victory
AG
Some of y'all's maroon glasses are entirely way too thick. I know this is Texags but good Lord....some of you I honestly believe have been following college football for 2 years or less.
The Debt
"Harvard and Princeton just signed a two game series in 1914 and 1916."
"Who cares"
"So dumb, don't your know they are the two winningest football squads of all time"
ntxVol
Would be cool to play in the big house though.
BBQ4Me
AG
quote:

You sound like one of those classy fans at Ohio state or tech
McInnis80
When does the t .u. GOR expire? Yes I would live to see the Ags play in the Big. House, but nit so sure Michigan wants any part of an SEc team.
yeshellyes
AG
quote:
the battle of affirmative action
StrykerAg
AG
quote:
Seems abnormally far out. Why not back to back years too?

Michigan already has OU scheduled in between the tu games
Meximan
quote:
Until A&M wins something, much less has the all time win percentage, stfu. Michigan kicks A&M's ass in football wins, national titles and academic tradition so don't try.... Go back to sucking your thumb. Aggies are so Fing arrogant.
Outed as a sip lurker?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
VA_Ag94
AG
obsession noted.
No Spin Ag
quote:
obsession noted.

But was spreadsheet updated? No, seriously.
ColoAg95
AG
quote:
quote:

You sound like one of those classy fans at Ohio state or tech
too bad UMich was the best you could do for grad school. There were better Big 10 programs to choose from bro.
Houston Summit
AG
I'll tell Siri to mark my calendar 10 ****ing years in advance to make sure I don't miss that s***
Agsuffering@bulaw
History is interesting but not necessarily predictive of the future. From the end of WWII until integration, A&M was mostly a football back-water.

Michigan is now in a region of the country that no longer produces football talent. In the 80s and 90s, they were able to import talent because they were on tv more than most other programs. Eventually, other conferences got their games on TV. In 2007, it finally caught up with them.

The only way to stay competitive is to start overpaying for coaches who can recruit impact recruits in FL/TX/CA/GA. They have shown no willingness to gut their other sports to fund football. They will stay mediocre unless the demographics shift again in this country or they start paying for bigtime coaches.

tu may turn things around. However, they got left behind by the SEC. As long as the SEC is the premier conference, the Ags will always have it over the sips.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The point about tu could have been made better. We play in the best conference. Their conference is not even close. It never will be, because the sips would rather keep it small and under their political control. However, a lot of recruits do not want to play in the 4th best conference.

So they lost their position as the state leader. They could get back to winning 9 and 10 a year, but they will always have to persuade athletes that playing in the SEC is not that big a deal. So now they are fighting an uphill battle unless the SEC implodes. But the SEC will be strong as long as the south keeps producing and keeping great football prospects.
Little Rock Ag
AG
I'm sure we'll all be playing flag football and having snacks at halftime on the field by 2024.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.