Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bring back Old Sbisa...

17,576 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by VA_Ag94
Ex-liberalag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pick it up !!
FbgTxAg
AG
Ranch Sticks from Bernie's.

Good lord they were good!
Sid Farkas
AG
Bring back breaded turkey cutlets with mashed 'potatoes' and cream gravy
EliteZags
AG
you gluttons would hate this: http://bruinplate.hhsmarketing.org/about.php
Ian Neff
AG
PICK IT UP IS RIGHT!!!
Woxon
AG
Bring back the long tables. Dorm dinner was the only good reason to go to sbisa.
stantxag
AG
I want free ice cream from the on campus dairy, 78-82!!
bigdm
bigdm
AG
Laughed my a$$ off at the wimpy new army post. In the corp days of late 40's & early 50's I lived on 4o% bran flakes at Sibsa.
swellvermin
AG
This is WHAAAAACK!!! But it is 2014.....wow.

"PICK IT UP!!!!!!!"
CampingAg
AG
Do they still have late night breakfast from 11-2 or something like that during finals week? To this day I have never eaten more food in a single sitting.
mongey donk
AG
Literally only been in Sibisa one time...
sarancher
AG
gone are the days of gray mystery meat,powdered eggs,and runny mashed potatoes.
mentorsubsea
AG
Ranch sticks around midnight from Walton, when the dorm was still non-air cond. That was just good time. Sbisa, the dessert line for me consist of tapioca and save a little for the botton of the cup and stick it under the table.

Hate the surf and turf, the steak was like chewing leather. Hate Asian nights because they can't get Asian food right. But I was young and hungry and there were a lot of food, hot dogs, pizza, hot cookies, etc. Ahhh, the good ole' days.

Freebird for lunch on Sunday or right before/after a football game. Man, I miss those days!
puryearag85
AG
vanzandt

ESL
AgCat93
AG
Breaded turkey cutlets, a.k.a. turkey fritters. Man those were good!
VA_Ag94
AG
quote:
Agree. And rebuild Puryear.

ESL

Face it, campus life hasn't been the same since Puryear was demolished. Sad, very sad.
Pooh-Ah and ESL! WHOOP!
texAZtea
AG
quote:
gone are the days of gray mystery meat,powdered eggs,and runny mashed potatoes.

false. they still use those in New Army Duncan.
FbgTxAg
AG
FUP

Ramp 9 Mules
Class of 75
I have never forgotten when I was freshman in 1975 the Batt ran an article where Food Service talked about how they would drain the cans and weigh the contents to ensure that Aggies got the most food for their dollar.

First mistake was canned. Fresh vegetables - hell no! Smell, taste - forget about it!

Dessert line? Sissies!

We did get steaks once a week from whatever the Vet school hadn't been able to save from whatever was killing the poor beast.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but God knows they did give it their best shot!
Kemo Sabe
Sbisa was the best cure for constipation Evah!
sleepybeagle
AG
Spicewood ag - Thank you for all of the corrections to my post. I'd love to drink a beer with you sometime and learn more.
stantxag
AG
^^^Don't do it Spice. He'll go "Winston" on you and I don't mean bring you crab legs!!!!
sleepybeagle
AG
Stantxag - careful not to project too much. Unless that's how you roll and you don't mind everyone knowing.
ingramsh
AG
Don't force your past on me bro (OP).
Mordred
AG
I ate at Sbisa almost 20x a week from 1995-1998. I had an unnatural love for that place. There are very few places in life where you can cook yourself fresh waffles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Didn't they replace the plastic cups (and their amazing sonic qualities) with paper/styrofoam cups around 98-99? Sbisa basically went to s*** right then.
Stone44
AG
Anyone remember the "**** Hut" next to the Campus Theatre. I would walk over and get a hamburger get back to the dorm and there would be no meat! The camel jocks that worked there were all from India and thought meat was optional on a hamburger. We had few choices in those days.
Bankeraggie
AG
quote:
Ranch Sticks from Bernie's.

Good lord they were good!
I second this.
FrickinFracker
AG
NORTH SIDE CLOSE KNIT! SOUTH SIDE EATS ****
B/CS Dreaming
AG
PICK IT UP!!!

I holler this at my kids whenever they drop something in the kitchen. Old habits die hard.
rsemingson
Any old Army guys remember the corps "deal" fight in Sbisa in '64? About 1500 of us were hiding behind turned over long wooden tables with flying plates and glasses everywhere. The whole thing was over in 10 minutes and caused thousands in damage. We all had to take up a collection. For you new Army, "deal" is bread. Those were the days. No PC. Cute round tables are for bridge players. Long live Sbisa.
CapCityAg09
the old sbisa is off da chain
PS3D
quote:
I left my bike chained to the bike rack at Sbisa back in 2006. Any chance it's still there or did they remove it on the renovation?
The one with the flat back tire and the removed front one? Yeah, still there.

I would've appreciated it if you came and moved it a few years ago. Lunchtime crowds have made bike parking difficult.
gigemrangers
AG
quote:
quote:
I left my bike chained to the bike rack at Sbisa back in 2006. Any chance it's still there or did they remove it on the renovation?
The one with the flat back tire and the removed front one? Yeah, still there.

I would've appreciated it if you came and moved it a few years ago. Lunchtime crowds have made bike parking difficult.

Sorry. My bad.
Gordo14
Zachry is going through renovations next semester
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.