Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bring back Old Sbisa...

17,462 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by VA_Ag94
VA_Ag94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.thebatt.com/news/view.php/846804/Sbisa-revealed

the pampering of New Army continues. I bet they don't even put stuff in the food to make you poop anymore. And I heard they got rid of the long dining tables where the dorms used to sit and now have a bunch of round tables.. guess it doesn't matter, I don't think northside is close knit anymore anyway and the dorms don't eat together as a large group from what I hear.

bring back Old Sbisa and non-air dorms!
bigbama247
AG
I miss Sbisa cookies...
Nebules
AG
I heard the new Sbisa is entirely gluten-free!
AgCat93
AG
Bring back the old Sgreasa. That was eatin'.
lazuras_dc
AG
Fruits!?
Personal Best
AG
I ate there twice in college. Place sucked.

South side commons basement had the best food. Until it got shut down for health violations. That place was the realest
InnerCityAg
A real black guy for on campus dining.
Little Rock Ag
AG
quote:
put stuff in the food to make you poop anymore
That clarifies a lot of things
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
A real black guy for on campus dining.

In my time there campus dining seemed to employ lots of real black guys.
Tamu_mgm
AG
God forbid A&M ever gets upgrades in anything without b*tchin and whining from old army, let alone the places where students freaking eat. A&M getting nicer is only a good thing.
bigbama247
AG
quote:
God forbid A&M ever gets upgrades in anything without b*tchin and whining from old army, let alone the places where students freaking eat. A&M getting nicer is only a good thing.

So angry!
MondayMorningQB
AG
quote:
I don't think northside is close knit anymore anyway and the dorms don't eat together as a large group from what I hear.

bring back Old Sbisa and non-air dorms!

Maybe has to do with 3 or so dorms on north side being demo'd for one large modern midrise. Hard to imagine having that whole bldg eat together.
BTKAG97
AG
quote:

You must love going to comedy clubs.
gigemrangers
AG
I left my bike chained to the bike rack at Sbisa back in 2006. Any chance it's still there or did they remove it on the renovation?
Personal Best
AG
quote:
I left my bike chained to the bike rack at Sbisa back in 2006. Any chance it's still there or did they remove it on the renovation?

It's still there I saw it when I was in town for the rice game
sleepybeagle
AG
My friends and I ate at Sbisa this weekend just to see how it might have changed from when we were in school.

Many changes at A&M have been awesome. Sbisa however does not seem to be one of them . It is a shell of its former awesomeness. The small tables looked nice, but I missed to long tables. Perhaps it was the weekend - I don't know, but it seemed there wasn't a very good selection of foods. In the old sbisa there was:
  • desert station with soft-serve ice cream
  • potato bar
  • Lines for taco's, hamburgers, Italian, stur fry, sandwiches, etc...
  • 2 cafeteria lines where various dinners would be served with sides
  • salad bar
  • and lastly the "make your own pizza" machine!
Sidebar: Has anything in Zackry changed in 30 years? Walking thru the building I felt like I was time warped back to 1982.

AggieVictor10
AG
Post Sbisa dumps were the best.

quote:
I ate there twice in college. Place sucked.

South side commons basement had the best food. Until it got shut down for health violations. That place was the realest

Hell yeah. That place opened up when I lived on campus and it was awesome.
94chem
chocolate chip pancakes, 1990-94.
94chem
Aggie football related because when the games were in the afternoon, you could get over there for dinner before it closed, and for lunch before the game. Wish I had a meal plan now...
SECond2noneAgs
AG
I place most of the blame for my Freshman 15 weight gain on Sbisa. Almost every meal there started with a salad-- loaded down with all the dressing and fixins, followed by whatever the main course was-- lots of time pizza, burgers, or Asian food, and then finished with a scoop of Blue Bell and a couple Sbisa cookies. And all of this washed down with some carbonated Pepsi product or sweet tea.

And the rest of the blame for the freshman 15 goes to having a pizza place and Chik-fil-a right down the stairs from my dorm in the commons.

There was the Rattlers store downstairs in the commons too. So much soda and candy and beef jerky. And all of this was pre-paid for with the meal plan.

Jeez I ate like sh*t freshman year. It's no wonder I dropped 20lbs once I moved off campus for sophomore year.
JImbo Slice
AG
Old is not always gold. A&M is changing for the better. Accept it !!!!
R0GUE
AG
And while you're at it bring back Bernie's!!
P.C. Principal
Olds who whine about campus upgrades
Ian Neff
AG
I took my kids in there a couple of years ago to give them a sense of the awesomeness.

It was 10x worse than when I was in school. Serious. It was offensive.

We left and went to Freebirds.
747Ag
AG
quote:
Get off my lawn! Damn kids.
Jimi_Rod
AG
Please tell me they still serve up surf and turf...those were the best back in the day.
747Ag
AG
Does New Army even know what a Sbisa Ball is?
BostonAg74
Back in the day when food services were actually managed by A&M (and not a third party) you could always count on its gloriously consistent mediocrity. It wasn't great. It wasn't terrible. But it was consistent. It was like Mom's cooking when your mom is just an okay cook and only knows how to make about ten things. You get used to those ten things and start to look forward to them. And you miss them when they're gone.

Now, when you sit down to eat at Sbisa, you can take comfort in the fact that your meal is being prepared by a low bidder who is still cutting corners to squeeze out a few extra bucks so the manager can qualify for his bonus. If what you're eating ends up tasting good, it is purely an accident.
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
My friends and I ate at Sbisa this weekend just to see how it might have changed from when we were in school.

Many changes at A&M have been awesome. Sbisa however does not seem to be one of them . It is a shell of its former awesomeness. The small tables looked nice, but I missed to long tables. Perhaps it was the weekend - I don't know, but it seemed there wasn't a very good selection of foods. In the old sbisa there was:
  • desert station with soft-serve ice cream
  • potato bar
  • Lines for taco's, hamburgers, Italian, stur fry, sandwiches, etc...
  • 2 cafeteria lines where various dinners would be served with sides
  • salad bar
  • and lastly the "make your own pizza" machine!
Sidebar: Has anything in Zackry changed in 30 years? Walking thru the building I felt like I was time warped back to 1982.

This is funny. Your Sbisa trumps the Sbisa I ate at for four years from 1976-1980. I am one who thinks better food is a great thing. So I like these changes at A&M.

It looks like some things haven't changed for the better - poor spelling here. H.B. Zachry was a very generous A&M grad - hence the building named after him. We should get his name right. "Stur fry?" The plural of taco is tacos. I think they serve dessert at Sbisa, not food on a desert.
cretzloff
AG
quote:
And while you're at it bring back Bernie's!!

YES!! I always passed right by sbisa and the underground(?) straight to bernie's. never as crowded and awesome wraps/sangwiches.
kblake
My future wife and I spent many evenings over a chicken a la Bernie.
Kman80
AG
Loved Sbisa in the days of 77-80.
VanZandt92
Agree. And rebuild Puryear.

ESL
beebeegee
AG
Smashburger
jrdaustin
AG
I miss Viking Night.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.