Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

COLLEGE GAMEDAY SIGN IDEAS (Hi-Res Images)

51,894 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by sa_town_aggie
AgsForTheWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ArchAg01
AG
Hi-res shot of JFF from dallasnews.com

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/files/2012/11/156910369_28470569.jpg

[This message has been edited by ArchAg01 (edited 9/4/2013 6:54a).]
nai06
AG
Arch,

I noticed the change. Thanks.

again, I think these are great work
ArchAg01
AG
I still don't know why you care since you're not a lawyer. PM if you want to discuss further.
PoultryAg
FairwayAg
AG
Put a Johnny autographed tbag on Rovells face.
ArchAg01
AG
FairwayAg, you inspired this image:

Hi-res version here:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x351/bthotu/Aggie/JFFSIGNING_zps89ab7233.jpg

[This message has been edited by ArchAg01 (edited 9/2/2013 8:56p).]
85AustinAg
AG
No signs needed. Don't participate in Gameday...
Jawbreaker
This thread is not only epic but pure gild. Moar!
BMX Bandit
Did anyone think he was the creator of scooby Doo? Having the copyright mark is irrelevant. Your complaint is silly.
Tmoneyag99
AG
ttt
ArchAg01
AG
I saw something similar to this online at a very low resolution, so I recreated it with my own eSPIN

Hi-res version can be accessed here:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x351/bthotu/Aggie/ESPIN_zpsbac1a914.jpg
Guitarsoup
AG
If you remove the identifying watermark from someone's work, even if you plan to never profit and plan to only use it as a parody, you can be held liable and forced to pay $2,500-$25,000 plus attorney's fees to the original copyright holder.

Selecting the player and cutting them out of an image or cropping off the watermark both count as removing identifying information.

LatinAggie1997
AG
Change the pic of Scooby to Johnny dressed as Scooby.

SuperManziel (as suggested by SP)

Shining (excellent)
Tmoneyag99
AG
He shouldn't change anything. These are pictures for game day signs a bunch of you are getting your panties in a knot over nothing even Hannah-Barbera WOULDN'T pursue(the only potentially offended party). Other than the opportunity to prove you are smart. How about you print the pictures the man created for yall to take to game.

[This message has been edited by Tmoneyag99 (edited 9/4/2013 6:53a).]
Tmoneyag99
AG

And Guitarsoup this is a matter being handled in the courts as we speak. The Comic Book Fund is funding a defense that states that Photoshop parodies are a form of speech and therefore covered by the 1st amendment.

http://www.lawupdates.com/commentary/icariou_v._prince_i_court_finds_appropriated_but_altered_photos_prote/

quote:
The Second Circuit recently issued an opinion involving a wide scope of copyright fair use issues. In Cariou v. Prince, 11-1197-cv (2d Cir. April 25, 2013), the Court held in favor of defendant Prince, who appropriated dozens of Cariou’s photos in thirty collages. The Court found that when the original and secondary works were viewed side-by-side, most of Prince’s works were sufficiently transformative in aesthetics, size, and expression and qualified for fair use.

quote:
Collage artist Richard Prince took notice of Yes Rasta and incorporated Cariou’s photos into his own works. For example, in Prince’s 2007 work Canal Zone, Prince tore out thirty-five photos from Yes Rasta, altered them significantly, and pinned them to a piece of plywood. Prince eventually made thirty pieces (“Canal Zone series”), twenty-nine of which contain photos from Yes Rasta. The photos were altered to varying degrees in each piece. Prince exhibited these pieces in 2008 at the Gagosian Gallery.

quote:
The defendants asserted fair use, arguing that Prince’s use of the photos was transformative.

Tmoneyag99
AG
All works here fall under the First Amendement and Fair Use Acts.

PRINT AWAY PRINT AWAY!!!

and BTHO ESPIN!
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
This thread has a little something for everyone, doesn't it?

Guitarsoup
AG
quote:

And Guitarsoup this is a matter being handled in the courts as we speak. The Comic Book Fund is funding a defense that states that Photoshop parodies are a form of speech and therefore covered by the 1st amendment.

http://www.lawupdates.com/commentary/icariou_v._prince_i_court_finds_appropriated_but_altered_photos_prote/

quote:
The Second Circuit recently issued an opinion involving a wide scope of copyright fair use issues. In Cariou v. Prince, 11-1197-cv (2d Cir. April 25, 2013), the Court held in favor of defendant Prince, who appropriated dozens of Cariou’s photos in thirty collages. The Court found that when the original and secondary works were viewed side-by-side, most of Prince’s works were sufficiently transformative in aesthetics, size, and expression and qualified for fair use.

quote:
Collage artist Richard Prince took notice of Yes Rasta and incorporated Cariou’s photos into his own works. For example, in Prince’s 2007 work Canal Zone, Prince tore out thirty-five photos from Yes Rasta, altered them significantly, and pinned them to a piece of plywood. Prince eventually made thirty pieces (“Canal Zone series”), twenty-nine of which contain photos from Yes Rasta. The photos were altered to varying degrees in each piece. Prince exhibited these pieces in 2008 at the Gagosian Gallery.

quote:
The defendants asserted fair use, arguing that Prince’s use of the photos was transformative.

Completely different issue. You cannot remove an artist's identifying information like a watermark. Completely separate clause from the fair use laws. Even if someone has a legit fair use claim, if they remove my watermark to use it, they are in trouble.
ArchAg01
AG
quote:
Completely different issue. You cannot remove an artist's identifying information like a watermark. Completely separate clause from the fair use laws. Even if someone has a legit fair use claim, if they remove my watermark to use it, they are in trouble.

Guitarsoup,

I didn't remove watermarks from these images and I'm pretty sure none of these are your images since you always have your Copyright/name along the bottom of the image. If any of these contain an image you created, I will remove it. If they did contain a picture you took, it would be because somebody prior to me may have removed the watermark.

[This message has been edited by ArchAg01 (edited 9/4/2013 7:51a).]
BMX Bandit
GSoup:

Tell us more about laws that don't apply here.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
GSoup:

Tell us more about laws that don't apply here.

Was letting him know that while his posts are probably parody and probably protected under law, it doesn't mean he is completely out of the clear and very could apply to this post as I haven't seen all the source material.
Kemo Sabe
Along with the signs everyone should wear a visor, towel and sunglasses to game day.

Another sign idea archag01.

Caption: Lou! You and mark may blew it!
ckwarren33
I think the power of TexAgs needs to focus more on this storyline about Mark May blowing five guys at Pitt. Would be dynamite to get Gabe Bock or Billy to travel to Pittsburgh and interview some homeless men. I bet they could find someone who recalls more of the details.

I want to know if Mark May was paid to blow five guys. If 'yes', that's a potential NCAA rule violation. Student athletes aren't supposed to accept money for services.

Pitt might be forced to vacate some wins.

[This message has been edited by ckwarren33 (edited 9/4/2013 9:23a).]
Skywalk
Ok, so it's a WWE reference, but I think it kicks ***

Worked on it a for about an hour this morning, and per the zoo...no bevel.

[This message has been edited by Skywalk (edited 9/4/2013 9:32a).]
The Collective
AG
Sign nazis will take the Five Guys sign, because it is "advertising". Creative, but you need something safer and more subtle.
JP_Losman
AG
don't cross the line by putting someones girlfriend in a bikini on there. come on guys!
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
Johhny Football is Ol' Sarge Reborn!!

Then add a pic of JFF's face on a bada$$ Ol' Sarge pic/face.

or....

Johhny Football is the love child of AJ's mom and Ol' Sarge!!

I dunno, that's all I got. Would be sweet though.

[This message has been edited by PvL-Vorbeck07 (edited 9/4/2013 10:30a).]
Sex Panther
AG
ArchAg,

think you could make something like this in Hi-Res?

SkillerWiller
AG
quote:

Holy sheet that's awesome.

I want that on a t-shirt
ArchAg01
AG
Here you go Sex Panther:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x351/bthotu/Aggie/eSPN_zpsfb7a9b46.jpg

[This message has been edited by ArchAg01 (edited 9/4/2013 12:22p).]
Guitarsoup
AG
I think I would still like E! SPIN

wee_ag
AG

PDF - http://tx.ag/qc9726

Hi-res jpg - http://tx.ag/cohln1

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 9/4/2013 2:25p).]
Mordred
AG
Subtle and classy. Nice work.
AMW2010
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.