Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A Lot of Teams Missed Out On a Future Star At WR

12,129 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by gamck
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sherman might have agreed to give him a look but...he didn't waste a draft pick on him. Probably did it out of Ag loyalty. And, there is a REAL reason Fuller didn't get drafted by ANY team and it didn't have anything to do with his 'injuries'.
Hoss
AG
I don't know if it was an Injury problem or an attitude problem, but to me Fuller looked like he was just mailing it in all last season...like he didn't want to be there. I like the guy and wish him the best, but I'm not surprised he wasn't drafted after the way he played last season. Ironically, had he entered the draft last year he probably would have been picked up.
skipper_ag06
is it a requirement that as aggies we must drop to our knees and blow our players that are graduating no matter how ****ty they played?

screw fuller, kid had mad potential, became a lazy sack of ****
PatAg
AG
Its apparently an ag tradition to talk **** about any player that is leaving so we can feel better about who is left.

I personally think Fuller will end up having a quality career.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
He can add good value to a team, and has the physical gifts to even be a 2nd or 3rd receiver.
Lungblood
Get ya head right and you'll make millions!
beanbean
quote:
Whatever you say, Cow Puke. Have fun struggling to be bowl eligible next year now that your QB and most OL are moving on among others.

Same stuff everyone said when Zac Robinson graduated, Dez Bryant declared for the draft, and almost all of the O-line graduated in 09. Besides aren't you arguing that Blackmon was nothing special, that a bunch of receivers could put up those numbers. On one hand, you say that it's a plug and play offense and the other hand you say that OSU is doomed and will struggle to make a bowl next season. Make up your mind.
luggagecombo12345
Fuller has a chance to prove himself. I'll root for any Aggie, but there are so few Wes Welkers out there when it comes to this situation.

If you think it's some disgrace he wasn't drafted, that's fine, but you are wrong at this point in the game.
NyAggie
AG
quote:
Blackmon and Weeden = Harrell and Crabtree v2.0. They couldn't even win a national championship.

you make it sound like winning a national championship is something that everybody does.

winning a national championship is pretty freakin hard and requires a lot of bounces in your favor.

some of the best teams never win national championships, and it's not like osu is stacked with 4 and 5 star talent all over their roster.

They have done what they have done pretty much with developing undervalued 2 and 3 star players and a sprinkling of 4 stars.

Beer Knurd
I think we could possibly pack more stupid statements in a thread than this one has, but we'd damn sure have to make an effort.
aggiemom93
quote:
I am surprised by the amount of venom that is sent Fuller's way. Yeah, he dropped more than a couple of balls that a top-level receiver should catch in his sleep. But I don't think the guy everyone was begging to come back in February 2011 should be getting so much hate. That's bad bull, Aggies. He's one of you and deserves your support, whether you're pissed about the dropped balls or not.

THIS. You Aggies should be ashamed of yourselves for the remarks about Fuller. He WILL be a HUGE success in the NFL. Gig 'Em Jeff.
KingAgWhami
AG
quote:
I admit, I was one of the many guys on here before the season started that thought he was better than Blackmon and I didn't see anything this season to make me think different, believe me

lolz, OP.
Win At Life
AG
quote:
And, there is a REAL reason Fuller didn't get drafted by ANY team and it didn't have anything to do with his 'injuries'.

This is the most accurate thing said on this thread so far.
BCO07
AG
quote:
Fullers best football days are behind him. He has his chance and blew it.

I really hope this isnt true, but worry it is. The only thing that has me still thinking he can be a decent pro was the fact that he looked like he was totally checked out all year. Beyond the injury, he just looked like he didnt give a crap. Maybe he'll find some fire in between now and mini camp.
borski99
AG
Gronk was hurt and it hurt his draft stock, I don't think the Patriots minded paying 10 cents on the dollar for him. Dolphins definitely have a scouting advantage on the newly minted Former Students.... that Sherm picked him up in FA means he thinks the dude can outperform his senior year. It doesn't guarantee anything other than an opportunity.

Good luck Fuller!
rcb05
AG
quote:
Maybe Fuller just had one great year and that's it. A one hit wonder that never produced anything worthy again.

One great year? I'd argue he had three great years leading up to his senior season. There's a reason this guy is the A&M record-holder in basically every single receiving category.
dirtyred
________________________________________________________________________________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, there is a REAL reason Fuller didn't get drafted by ANY team and it didn't have anything to do with his 'injuries'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most accurate and complete speculation on this thread so far.
______________________________________________________________________________________

FIFY
Citizen Reign
I've been defending Fuller left and right on this board.

A healthy Fuller will have is way with NFL secondaries just like he did Peterson in the Cotton Bowl. He'll get his head back in the game and prove all of the no talent posters on this board that they have no idea what they are talking about.

It's sad that so many don't appreciate how unselfish he was to return for his senior year and then play all year hurt. Do any of you genius' really think he just forgot how to make defenders look bad? Last year the kid could not cut, jump, or run anywhere near 100%.

Yes, he dropped a lot of balls but if you think a hamstring injury is not going to effect a players ability to play the game, you are high as a goat. Lets not forget that the unit as a whole was dropping passes. That looks like it's on the WR coach. Same players, same routes, same QB, different coach, different results.

Something happened to the team as a whole. Everything went downhill. I think it was the loss of on field leadership and conditioning but Fuller had a nasty injury and supposedly an infection.

Miami is getting a stud that will move the chains.

[This message has been edited by Citizen Reign (edited 4/30/2012 11:34a).]
mcag83
AG
What Citizen said....
antman8504
AG
It is bad bull for Aggies to talk crap about Fuller. He was awesome for three years here at A&M. At the end of his junior season, I would have argued that he had the best hands ever to play at A&M. I really think some of the drops his senior year were because he was pressing. ( you do that when you are injured and things arent going your way sometimes, but I guess all of you are perfect) When I see Aggies talking mess about him I just write them off as tshirts (even if they do go to school here) fans, who jumped on the bandwagon this past year because we were suppose to be good and don't know anything about A&M football prior to this year.
JakeBriggance
Aggie Deuce-

I'm sorry, but i find it ironic that you are telling us good luck next year in a conference that we won and are winning in, and yet you are headed to the SEC, of which-and let's be honest-you all aren't going to win much, if at all for a long time.

Enjoy all those homecoming games you will be playing in.

Also, you are talking about character between dez and blackmon-there's no comparison. Dez is an idiot and you would be hard pressed to find an OSU fan who doesn't agree with that. Blackmon is a different person all-together.

so good luck to you in the SEC. No, seriously...enjoy all the homecoming games you will be playing. No, for real.

Oh, and by the way-you may want to inform your alumni which states are in the SEC...including your own (that's texas in case you forgot).
oklaunion
To dirtyred:

Speculation is when one speculates. It is your opinion that I was speculating. You are incorrect.
DecadePlan
AG
Citizen Reign won this thread! Go get 'em Jeff.
Jerk Stanley
User name of OP is appropriate. You certainly took a deuce all over your keyboard with this thread.
AgKJ
AG
quote:
admit, I was one of the many guys on here before the season started that thought he was better than Blackmon and I didn't see anything this season to make me think different, believe me.

You must be out of your mind. I didn't think they made maroon goggles this dark.
Then again, this kind of thinking would explain why some Ags are predicting we'll have 8 wins this season. The same ones who predicted we'd have 11 last year.

Fuller was tremendous for 3 years in the COLLEGE game. If you need a guy to outleap a defender in the end zone once you've moved the ball downfield inside the 10, he's your guy with those frying-pan size hands and height/strength combo.

But if you need a guy with SPEED and the ability to get separation? Not Fuller. Has looked like he's running in sand since day one. NFL CBs will have no problem covering him.
But he will outleap them in the end zone if the rest of your offense can move the ball down there close enough.
graybeard
AG
quote:
It's sad that so many don't appreciate how unselfish he was to return for his senior year and then play all year hurt. Do any of you genius' really think he just forgot how to make defenders look bad? Last year the kid could not cut, jump, or run anywhere near 100%.

Something happened to the team as a whole. Everything went downhill. I think it was the loss of on field leadership and conditioning but Fuller had a nasty injury and supposedly an infection.

He came back to win big (i.e. be in the hunt for a BCS bowl or Nat'l Championship. After the OSU loss, it's my opinion that he quit on his team. He was only interested in getting healthy and/or not getting hurt any more so that he could play in the NFL. He must share some blame in the lack of leadership. He showed no emotion most of the time and seemed to be going through the motions. The only "fire" I saw all year was after he caught the go-ahead TD against Texas.

quote:
A healthy Fuller will have is way with NFL secondaries just like he did Peterson in the Cotton Bowl. He'll get his head back in the game and prove all of the no talent posters on this board that they have no idea what they are talking about.

I agree. The kid has tons of talent and will surprise a lot of people.
1876er
AG
quote:
He came back to win big (i.e. be in the hunt for a BCS bowl or Nat'l Championship. After the OSU loss, it's my opinion that he quit on his team. He was only interested in getting healthy and/or not getting hurt any more so that he could play in the NFL. He must share some blame in the lack of leadership. He showed no emotion most of the time and seemed to be going through the motions. The only "fire" I saw all year was after he caught the go-ahead TD against Texas.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would he give up knowing it would cost him millions.
1876er
AG
quote:
Its apparently an ag tradition to talk **** about any player that is leaving so we can feel better about who is left.

I personally think Fuller will end up having a quality career.

Sadly this statement is true.
FrecklesDad
AG
I think that Fuller (his 23 dropped passes) and turnovers cost us the season and cost Sherman his job, along with the general conditioning of the team.
graybeard
AG
It doesn't make sense, but that's sure what it looked like to me. As Hoss said above it looked like he mailed it in all year.

He's a kid. Maybe he thought he'd get drafted/judged based on his record(s) and not just his senior year.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
It is bad bull for Aggies to talk crap about Fuller.
This.

Once an Aggie, always an Aggie.
jel_2002
AG
More press for Fuller: "The best undrafted players of 2012: The offense"http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/best-undrafted-players-2012-offense-190032664.html;_ylt=AggBrmLUuwd70HrS5mt54DFDubYF
quote:
Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M: Good overall route guy, but man ... those hands. Those in the know who have charted A&M's games understand that Ryan Tannehill was unfairly dinged because his receivers dropped the ball as if it was the proverbial greased pig. Fuller's first challenge at the NFL level is obvious.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
...and yet you are headed to the SEC, of which-and let's be honest-you all aren't going to win much, if at all for a long time.
After a most likely difficult year or 2 initially, I do not agree with you assessment. Are you aware that coaching is the most important element of a team's on-field success? And that Athletic Budget Revenue is the single most influential factor in the sustenance of facilities and keeping the right coaches when you find them?

quote:
Enjoy all those homecoming games you will be playing in.
SEC teams are more likely to schedule Ole Miss and Kentucky for their homecoming games right now than us, Mizzou, Miss. St. or Vandy. (You'd have better points if you applied logic and rationale to your trash-talking.)

quote:
Also, you are talking about character between dez and blackmon-there's no comparison. Dez is an idiot and you would be hard pressed to find an OSU fan who doesn't agree with that. Blackmon is a different person all-together.
I wouldn't call Dez an "idiot," but I agree with your essential point. Blackmon's a badass and has impeccable character. He'll do great in the league, and I am still really rooting for Dez, but I'm not impressed right now. (Thank you for giving me something to mostly agree with you about.)

quote:
Oh, and by the way-you may want to inform your alumni which states are in the SEC...including your own (that's texas in case you forgot).
When you go to this, it shows us how little powder you've got left in your keg.

Good luck to you in the Big 12, Cowboy. (Unlike you, I'm actually sincere, here.) We're thrilled about our SEC journey, and if you've read these boards you can see how realistic we are about how much our program needs to improve to be competitive.

Adios, vaquero.

[This message has been edited by billkemp (edited 5/2/2012 7:35a).]
gamck
evidently, fuller was the best receiver i never saw play.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.