Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The dream is dead. Expect an announcement this time tomorrow.

18,841 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by AgBeliever
nu awlins ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
there are, BUT there are 3 things keeping this upright. next year will be the year if he does not show improvement(8-4). the emotions in the "room" are high, that I can tell you, but a few have been talking logically about it. remember this, the SEC and the schedule...
Buford Tannen
AG
I don't know what to believe anymore. Bilbo's tone and delivery are convincing but he's admitted he's just going off his gut. nu awlins ag has mysterious "connections", supposedly. Who can you trust?
buzzardb267
AG
This guy?

nu awlins ag
AG
not mysterious at all my friend. He's a former player and has more connections than LAX. I'm am telling you exactly what he told me yesterday.
Ulrich
Right now on this thread, we have nu awlins' third-hand but high profile connection vs. Stegent's connections (likely closer) and Bilbo's gut.

You can add my doubt that we'll ever get a really good football coach to nu awlins side.
BMX Bandit
Albatross: bilbo has no source.

It's nuawlins v stengent.
Bilbo Aggins
I would consider my gut feeling or instincts a source.

It might not be a credible one but it is definitely correct in this instance.
nu awlins ag
AG
what is funny, my "contact"/friend never liked RC. In fact, when he was hired as the HC, he dropped his donations. When he was canned, he started back up. I will say this, he does like Sherman BUT does not like how he manages the game. He's a hell of a recruiter and the momma's really like him. he is not fake. I've never met him, but from a current NFL coach and my contact, one of the nicest people you will meet. I know it does not make him a great coach, but thought I would add this.
AggieNAnnArbor
How can someone not like RC but like Sherman? Their cut from the same cloth. Sherman is merely RC II.
Tuco Salamanca
Im believing nu awlins
nu awlins ag
AG
RC had...let's say an "ego" back in the day.
Bilbo Aggins
quote:

Im believing nu awlins

Of course you do, you bet me way back $100 or $300 that Sherman would stay.

[This message has been edited by Bilbo Aggins (edited 11/30/2011 10:01a).]
Jason Stegent
AG
Bet still stand nawlins. I won't run up the wine tab too much, don't worry.

He's gone
Tuco Salamanca
quote:
quote:

Im believing nu awlins

Of course you do, you bet me way back $100 or $300 that Sherman would stay.

[This message has been edited by Bilbo Aggins (edited 11/30/2011 10:01a).]

That I did
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
Im believing nu awlins

Me too. There is just too much on his details to not believe the guy.
Ags76
AG
Being someone who has been waiting (for a long time) for Texas A&M's leadership to finally make the right decision in support of our football team, I choose to believe Mr. Stegent.
nu awlins ag
AG
quote:
From what I can tell

There lies your problem. I know this from first hand experience. If he is gone, and that is a BIG if, my friend will call to let me know. There is more at play than just 6-6...
Bunk Moreland
believing Stegent
USDA AG
I do not see Sherman getting fired this year. I think he gets another year. It is ashamed that this team did not live up to expectations. So much senior leadership that did not lead the rest of the team to wins. I an excited about seeing Johnny Manziel (sp?) on the field next year. I really hate the thought of a coaching change just four years in, but if there was a Urban Meyer out there and we had the money....
nu awlins ag
AG
the bet is still on. if he is gone, surely you know his replacement or possible replacements, right? if he is truely gone, a replacement is already on hand...
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
There is more at play than just 6-6...

Exactly.
Carl Hubay Jr.
If he was staying, why not a vote of confidence from Loftin?

Despite what Jeff Toole thinks, Loftin isn't stupid. He knows what his comments will be construed to mean.

By putting that out there, you have made Sherman a lame duck even if he is kept another year.

I didn't think Sherman's job might be in danger until the last 48 hours or so. He may stay but he is definitely under tremendous heat.

The OP said he would be getting a vote of confidence today. What was released by Loftin is certainly not a vote of confidence.

[This message has been edited by Carl Hubay Jr. (edited 11/30/2011 10:21a).]
pinche gringo
AG
I want to believe...
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
I do not see Sherman getting fired this year. I think he gets another year. It is ashamed that this team did not live up to expectations. So much senior leadership that did not lead the rest of the team to wins. I an excited about seeing Johnny Manziel (sp?) on the field next year.

I agree. We had serious leadership issues. Gray was great, but outside of that...
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
So what time is the PC?
Jason Stegent
AG
[Rumor deleted. User banned--Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 11/30/2011 10:37a).]
Bilbo Aggins
quote:
We had serious leadership issues.

Because of our head coach.
nu awlins ag
AG
sumlin will land at ucla/zona state IF he wants to go and smart at illinois.
Bilbo Aggins
[You guys are trying to get this thread deleted. Enough of that--Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 11/30/2011 10:36a).]
Agchav98
I think th AD/Admin/BMA's are pretty PO'd about what happened this season. It was a showcase season for us. BUT...I think they are looking at this as more than just "should have been" but as "could have been" and "almost was." If MS stays it will be on life support. The only way he could stay longer and not leave disgraced is to have an outstanding season next year. This would mean a Winnign record (probably in the 8-game or more range) a couple of huge conference wins and a decent bowl WIN. Like ly to happen: no. but this is the bed that appears to have been made and he will have no choice but to sleep in it.

IMHO
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
I think th AD/Admin/BMA's are pretty PO'd about what happened this season. It was a showcase season for us. BUT...I think they are looking at this as more than just "should have been" but as "could have been" and "almost was." If MS stays it will be on life support. The only way he could stay longer and not leave disgraced is to have an outstanding season next year. This would mean a Winnign record (probably in the 8-game or more range) a couple of huge conference wins and a decent bowl WIN. Like ly to happen: no. but this is the bed that appears to have been made and he will have no choice but to sleep in it.

Well said. Due to this, and the financial concerns, I still lean towards nu awlins ag. I think he stays one more year, but is kept on a short leash.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.