Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What was OU doing in town today?

29,443 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by aTm2004
Soonerdude128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a surprise to me that OU and Mizzery are talking to each other. Whatever happens though, OU and Mizzou would not move together to a different conference.

My theory of the big 12 does die:

Mizzou, KSU, KU, and Iowa state to the big 10 (to complete 16 teams)

OU, OSU, tech, and MAYBE BYU to the pac 16. texas becomes independent and will be able to live off from their new network.

Super conferences are inevitable

[This message has been edited by Soonerdude128 (edited 8/29/2011 4:35p).]

[This message has been edited by Soonerdude128 (edited 8/29/2011 4:35p).]
ccatag
AG
What about Gaylor, SonnerDude?
Soonerdude128
Baylor is a possibility but BYU would be a more favorable option. Pac-12 would want them a whole lot more than the bears.
hatchback
AG
Haha, Iowa State to the Big10? I highly doubt it. Iowa State will get left out of a mega-conference.
OleDublinBobcat
You really think uber-conservative, can't-play-on Sunday, suspends players for having premarital sex BYU is going to agree to be in the PAC-12 with some of the most liberal public schools in the country?

Does not compute.
Yale
quote:
Haha, Iowa State to the Big10? I highly doubt it. Iowa State will get left out of a mega-conference.

Good facilities, decent basketball history, excellent research programs, Land and Space Grant institution, and an AAU member institution. Yeah, they won't be out in the cold.
hatchback
AG
So, a mediocre basketball history yet above-average academics will land them in a super-conference that is solely based on athletics? I don't think so. My Iowa State coworkers know that they'll be left out. They don't even play baseball anymore at ISU.

I also think that the University of Iowa would c-block them from joining the conference.
Soonerdude128
quote:
You really think uber-conservative, can't-play-on Sunday, suspends players for having premarital sex BYU is going to agree to be in the PAC-12 with some of the most liberal public schools in the country?

Does not compute.

I certainly agree but dig in a bit deeper. It's all about $$. They bring in an audience in a way that is VERY similar to Notre Dame but to a lesser extent. Not only that, the BYU/Utah rivalry would make the conference a LOT more money than what Baylor would offer as a whole.
Soonerdude128
quote:
So, a mediocre basketball history yet above-average academics will land them in a super-conference that is solely based on athletics? I don't think so. My Iowa State coworkers know that they'll be left out. They don't even play baseball anymore at ISU.

I also think that the University of Iowa would c-block them from joining the conference.

ISU would just be the last team to fill the gap and complete 16 teams. That would be the only reason.
Yale
quote:
My Iowa State coworkers know that they'll be left out.

So they are HUCAC?
TennesseeVol
Well, BYU and OU would be in for a VERY BIG culture shock. Have you ever been to any games with Pac teams? Uhhh, I wouldn't wear an American flag pin....that offends them. Don't have a prayer before the game...they will talk very loudly in an effort to disrupt it, that is, if they don't walk out in protest.

Different? That's not the word. Representative of what is wrong in America - yeah, that's the best description I can think of.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
They don't even play baseball anymore at ISU.

For what it's worth, they don't really play baseball in the B1G either.
Kentucky Mustangs
HaHa on KSU or ISU in the B1G

If Mu gets into the B1G it will be slot #16, that is a big if....

KU, poor bas****s found out last year what AAU and ELITE basketball get you in conference realignment.

aggiehawg, they forgot to say pretty please with sugar on top, so Loftin stood firm.

My guess is if it was an official visit, it was something said face to face, as there would be no records in a FOIA request. It would be totally funny tho if it was a ruse flight! At some point it will all come out in the wash. What are days when you are considering 100 years.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
I certainly agree but dig in a bit deeper. It's all about $$.

Umm...the one thing I respect about BYU is they value their morals and practice what they preach. I don't see $$ changing that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.