Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I think this is the real story behind 2010, LHN, ESPN and where its going....

10,508 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Cannonball Craig III
Bob in Houston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
10. Now, I look for back-room deals to be going on where ESPN and t.u. are going to make some incredible proposals to A&M, including a morphing of the LHN into a Big 12 or A&M/OU/t.u. channel combined with huge guarantees.

Again, the league voted against a league network. I suspect part of that was other members not having the cash to fund the infrastructure.

Texas built infrastructure and was able to make a deal -- now they'll offer A&M a piece of something that A&M doesn't think will work? Where is the logic in that, on either side?

If there were to be a deal like that, it wouldn't be Texas that offered it. It would be ESPN going to the remaining schools and offering to build them a network.
Cannonball Craig III
AG
Bob, please...

[This message has been edited by Cannonball Craig III (edited 8/18/2011 12:13p).]
joshpettett
AG
Texas built infrastructure??
uuuhhhhhhh.. no, they did not. ESPN came in and did everything. the ONLY thing the horns are required to do is come up with programming. that was the entire deal, they did not want to pay the startup costs bc they did not know if it would be worth it.
and as of right now it is looking questionable. surely they will get a carrier for the LHN, but as of right now, 8 days to go, have none.

[This message has been edited by joshpettett (edited 8/18/2011 2:24p).]
Bob in Houston
Josh, uh, yes they did. They built it into the north end zone addition.

ESPN wants their own place. But Texas was preparing to do some form of the LHN on its own if it had to.

Craig, I know you can do more than sneer, but that's not exactly an argument.
Cannonball Craig III
AG
Ok, Bob. I promise not to sneer anymore. And I will try not to gloat either because I know its bad form. But its going to be very hard not to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.