Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Big 12 Has Few Good Coaches

3,327 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by AlexNguyen
Texdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ashley - that's not coincidence since they are the ones who are getting those players. That's actually a pretty big part of being a good coach.

HOOK 'EM,
Texdoc

"Sooner or later it all gets real" - Neil Young
ashley
True, but let them coach at Baylor and see how they recruit.
Citizen Reign
Alex,

It must suck to have your teams Defense whipped by the ninth best coach in the Big12. You know the guy that put a NCAA Top 10 Offense together in two years with a path work Oline.

"We struggled, we had too many missed tackles. I think we had 13 missed tackles and we had some miscommunication. I'm not sure why," said Longhorns head coach Mack Brown.

The Horns normally stingy defense allowed a season high 39 points, 532 yards, and more than seven yards per play.

[This message has been edited by Citizen Reign (edited 12/3/2009 11:57p).]
Jeff George
quote:
I think the SEC has the edge in the top half of their coaches with Meyer, Saban, Richt, Spurrier, Miles, and Petrino.
Well, jeez... the SEC is engaged in a full-blown coaching arms race. Other than Richt, the longest any of those guys has been at his current school is five seasons. None of them has done what Stoops or Brown has done.

The SEC will eat itself alive. The salaries and the expectations are out of control. Fulmer and Tuberville were the first victims, and they won't be the last. Richt and Miles are next.
wrkncrw
Didn't they install Southlake Carrol's offensive playbook & bring in the QB who had been running it successfully since junior high?

I always said Pinkel will show his true colors when Daniels left, hmmm?

I can't wait for us to make a big surge next year & start putting these mouthy arsed North schools back in their place. They love to hammer away at Texas but will gladly come use our football players.

Mobilehoma, we're cutting off your Texas pipeline quicker than you can climb a step stool behind one of those ponies & stick you back into second class citizen wanna be Texan mode. All ya'll can take Toby Keith & Jim Bob one eyed wrastlin guy & have a giant circle jerk ridin around in your lil' cart through the streets of OKC.

Any whorn who reads this can kiss mine as well because we will be back slapping you in your sorry smug smoot arrogant faces again, you better get ready cuz Thanksgiving's going to mean a helluva lot more again. "We're Texas", well guess what, we're Texas fuggin A&M & we're here to kick you straight square in the teeth like the good ol' days.

A&M & tu will reign supreme in the Big 12 as it should, everyone else can chew from the bone when we're done.
Mutual_Friend
^
|
|

Looks like Goober got a hold of the key to the liquor cabinet and mom's laptop.
wrkncrw
MF, you are consistently one of the biggest vages on this board, might I suggest to go ahead with the sex change.
atfarmer
wrkncrw, you're quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. I liked the heat you brought on the air force d coordinator thread as well
Dad
AG
I think Stoops and his staff were clearly the best for several years, but now I think Mack Brown and his staff are the best and have been for the last 5 years or so. I think Stoops losing guys to head coaching positions has something to do with it and Mack Brown taking top performing DCs away from other schools has helped his staff out a lot too.

1. Mack Brown
2. Bob Stoops
Faustus
nm

[This message has been edited by Faustus (edited 12/3/2009 11:52p).]
Mutual_Friend
quote:
MF, you are consistently one of the biggest vages on this board, might I suggest to go ahead with the sex change.

Given the source, I consider that high praise. Thank you.

And congratulations! That last post contained [almost] 100% real words. Keep working at it.

[This message has been edited by Mutual_Friend (edited 12/4/2009 12:02a).]
wrkncrw
There's nothing more masculine than attacking another man's grammar.

A sport like football & grammar walk hand in hand. Please for the sake of Texas A&M football, find another sport.
Mutual_Friend
Actually, being an internet rube/tough guy and basing your manhood on sports other guys play are both far more masculine.
wrkncrw
Hey I'm not trying to be toughguy with you, I'm just calling a spade a spade & judging by the things I read that come from your handle I'd bet a month's salary that my girlfriend breaks less man law's than you do on a daily basis.

How the hell do you call yourself an Ag when all you want to do is throw cold water on everything & everyone. We are rising football program again, it's about time every single one of us carry an attitude again. We don't need manginas on board.

We should be bringing on competition while "guys" like yourself want us to backpedal into lesser competition, are you kidding me?

Dude, do us all a favor, I hear A&M club ping-pong is taking off.

Dad
AG
Ping pong is a tough guy sport. One of the greatest ping pong players in movie history also was a star running back at Alabama.
shiftyandquick
When a coach rebuilds after a failed coach, is it normal for the team to be worse?

AlexNguyen
quote:
Sherman went ~60-30 at Green Bay, set a few offensive records on the way, and won several play off games there.

Speaking for myself, I don't really consider NFL accomplishments at all, since I am a CFB fan. Look at how the Huskers sent Callahan packing when he didn't produce even with his Super Bowl appearance.
AlexNguyen
quote:

Alex,

It must suck to have your teams Defense whipped by the ninth best coach in the Big12.

Good lord. Is it so much to ask that we just discuss football? Amazing how some just can't seem to separate the topic from the poster itself.
defroach
I would have said that the Iowa St (Gene Chizik) coach last year was not a good coach and would not last in the SEC....but it seems to be doing just fine.
banditone
Snyder should be #1. Built the most with absolutely nothing to start with.
atfarmer
quote:
Speaking for myself, I don't really consider NFL accomplishments at all, since I am a CFB fan. Look at how the Huskers sent Callahan packing when he didn't produce even with his Super Bowl appearance.

Well if you're trying to determine the quality of a coach and he spent half of his career in the NFL, you probably should consider how he did there.
AlexNguyen
Why? The NFL and college games are almost like checkers and chess.

Do you have to recruit in the NFL? No.

The clock stoppage rules are different.

The # of players allowed on the roster are different, causing a scarcity of 4/5 wr sets in the NFL while they are common in college spread systems.

There's a reason relatively few coaches have been successful in BOTH venues.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.