Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Uncover Nazis have gotten out of hand

10,720 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by TDAggie
wasabi1787
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Seriously, it's statements like that that make anti-uncover people no better than uncover nazis.

also, it was clearly a joke. calm down big guy.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Corps guy.

Well you do it outside of kyle so your hat doesn't fall off when bent over. It's not to show respect.

AgGrad99
AG
This might be one of the most embarrassing threads ever on Texags.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Well you do it outside of kyle so your hat doesn't fall off when bent over. It's not to show respect.

Wrong again, I uncover both inside and outside of Kyle, both in and out of uniform. The whole "hat not falling off" thing is beside the point.

Btw, wasabi1787, I knew he had to be joking, that's why I responded in kind. I honestly don't have a mean bone in my body--just like to argue, that's all.

Obviously, I'm in the correct forum, right? Keep it coming!
Floyd2112
AG
this is the kind of stupid bull**** that has kept me from going to games.

aggies are retarded in so many ways.
EliteZags
AG
its also a tradition for me to fart in your mouth

WHO ARE YOU TO SAY ITS NOT A TRADITION??
terata
AG
quote:
If you really want the hardcore, balls to the wall, uncover nazis to shut up, just take your hat off and then they aint got nothing to complain about

Yeah, well, the little ********s should just STFU, that solves the problem as easily.
aggiesrock95
I here you man. One of the best professor's at ATM - god bless his soul - said just because something was tradition doesn't mean it's right, Dr. Hesby. I know we're talking about taking off hats here but it creates a negative undertone. It creates an exclusive environment. Oh, "highway 6 runs both ways". This reminds me of the beginnings of "old school" Germany.

You want to win and get big time recruits here(as I do) then ATM needs to be more open minded and relax. Tradition is good, but when you get obsessed in "enforcing" it we look like a bunch of D-bags.
BaylorPilot
can someone give me cliff notes of what constitutes a "uncover nazi"? what's the deal with all this? are you talking about ppl not taking their hat off when the national anthem is being played?
Texaggie7nine
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=uncover+nazi

dmz233
AG
If people just took off their hats then there would be no uncover nazis.
Eric Forman
AG
I didn't read the whole thread...

but...

My user handle is a joke... the "uncover" thing is not a tradition in my opinion. Why do I think this? Well, don't all traditions have a meaning... some sort of significance?

What does uncovering signify? Paying respect to a yell? The yell leaders? Anyone care to enlighten me? If there is no significance other than "that's just what we do", then its not a tradition.
Aggies2009
AG
quote:

And if you'd shut the **** up about people and their hats, there wouldn't be any either, would there?
Texaggie7nine
quote:

You sound like a good loyalist for a dictator.

Stasco
AG
quote:

Yeah, if black people would just sit in the back of the bus then racists would stop confronting them. It's not that hard folks.
McJulie-O
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:For example, my sister thinks a lot of Aggies in general are jerks after getting constantly yelled at for her hat by several idiots.

It has never been disrespectful for a woman to keep her hat on. It is custom that they keep theirs on. Clearly uncover nazis are idiots of the highest degree.

Agreed, tradition has it that a woman shows respect by COVERING her head, hence the lace mantillas and head coverings in Old World cathedrals, and bonnets on the Amish, that set them apart from their comparatively hoydenish sisters without hats.

Any uncover enthusiast who insists on a male uncovering, should also PROVIDE covers for the females within his area, to be consistent.
texasrebel89
Stasco you killed me with that LOL
Saint Arnold
AG
Blanco Ag
AG
New Army is an embarrassment. Stop being such crybabies and get with the program.
Bonfire96
AG
Good gracious, this is still going on to 5 pages
BoxingAg84
Offseason..
WaffleHouseAg
AG
Uncovering
Stasco
AG
Is this still going on in the student section? I finally had to give up the sports pass after finishing my master's in 2011.

It's seems like it's kind of died down, I hope that's the case.
BoozerRed78
AG
quote:
This might be one of the best threads ever on Texags

FIFY
ConfidentAg
AG
almost had a throw down with some dude that took my friends hat off. dumbass
AgEngr12
AG
When I was a fish I just yelled uncover because other people were yelling uncover....I had no idea what it meant and was wearing my hat the whole time while doing this. Did it for about a year straight too.
Swagmatic
AG
The perfect time to pay respect to fallen Aggies is while yelling to beat the hell out of someone... Let's just keep uncovering to the MSC
DevilD77
AG
I take my hat off to sing the National Anthem, the Spirit of Aggieland, and the War hymn. Otherwise it stays firmly planted on my noggin. No one better touch me unless they want to be wearing a cast.
newarmy2014
AG
^(Meant for Agengr)That's pretty funny.

Yes the uncover stuff is still going on, along with Walton Loads, that spells army or that spells TAMC, trains don't go boom, and I think that's it.

[This message has been edited by newarmy2014 (edited 4/9/2013 11:01a).]
Bigsteve713
AG
quote:
When I was a fish I just yelled uncover because other people were yelling uncover....I had no idea what it meant and was wearing my hat the whole time while doing this. Did it for about a year straight too.

freshmen
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
Aggies don't disrespect other Aggies.

TxAG-010
AG
I'm convinced that the uncover nazis are the nerds that wouldn't understand the difference between the quarterback and punter or a 3-4 and 4-3! How about you pay attention to the damn game and don't worry about if keep my hat on or not! If you can't do that GTFO!
TDAggie
AG
Random 4 year old thread bump.

Almost as miserable as the uncover argument itself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.