Tucker Carlson interviews Putin.

1,246 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by FTACo88-FDT24dad
FTACo88-FDT24dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Posting here because Putin offers a 45 minute tutorial on Russian and eastern European history. Not trying to turn this forum into the Politics forum. Curious if anyone can critique Putin's recitation. The interview is fascinating, self-serving and Russia-centric, but fascinating.

pmart
I have a hard time seeing this not turn political as it includes two people well known (infamously even) for political propaganda.
If you are not familiar with how Russian disinformation or even a good liar works, they come up with their narrative (lie) sprinkle in some true events so you are forced to admit some partial "truth". But, completely distort the context and connection of events to their favor. Then sprinkle in some conspiracy theories and outright lies without evidence and present it as one package for you to accept.
The best case scenario for them is that you will fully believe them. The worst case scenario as they see it is that you will be left confused and not know what to believe. So when you hear actual truths against their narrative, you will discount them and feel apathetic to the issue.
pmart
I would not recommend Putin as a source on historical events and would look elsewhere for history. Below is an article fact-checking the historical events spouted in the interview.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68255302.amp
CT'97
AG
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Putin gave another distorted history narrative a couple of years ago, around the start of the recent war. At that time, I did not know much about Ukrainian history so I set about learning. I recommend The Gates of Europe by Serhii Plokhy, also available on Audible.
CT'97
AG
pmart said:

I have a hard time seeing this not turn political as it includes two people well known (infamously even) for political propaganda.
If you are not familiar with how Russian disinformation or even a good liar works, they come up with their narrative (lie) sprinkle in some true events so you are forced to admit some partial "truth". But, completely distort the context and connection of events to their favor. Then sprinkle in some conspiracy theories and outright lies without evidence and present it as one package for you to accept.
The best case scenario for them is that you will fully believe them. The worst case scenario as they see it is that you will be left confused and not know what to believe. So when you hear actual truths against their narrative, you will discount them and feel apathetic to the issue.
This is an outstanding description of what that interview was.
Leonard H. Stringfield
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
Thanks for the replies above.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.