2023-2024 LZO Duramax Reviews

737 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by PrestigeWorldwideAg12
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone here have a solid review or experience with the 2023+ babymax 3.0?
f burg ag
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Anyone here have a solid review or experience with the 2023+ babymax 3.0?
I have had one a little over a year in an AT4 and absolutely love it. It has plenty of pickup off the line (I think they upgraded the turbo in the LZO from the prior 3.0. Like most turbo diesels these days, it is pretty darn quiet.

It does not have the towing capability of my old F250 or even my Boost 3.5 F150, but it has plenty for what I need it for (16 ft single axle with a Polaris Ranger). I get around 25 mpg, but I also drive more relaxed than some.

My only complaint is that it guzzles DEF. But it might just seem that way because the DEF tank is only 2.4 gallons (i think) which is smaller that what i previous had.

Transmission is awesome as well.

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I think I read somewhere that if you are just daily driving without a haul, you should be getting up to 5k miles per every 2.5gal of the DEF.

Have you done anything aftermarket? I know it is limited but there are some items that interest me if I do get this truck.
f burg ag
AG
Not really. Nothing to the drivetrain. I replaced the antenna mast and put a bed cover on it.
aggie_wes
AG
I got one in late December, have about 11k miles on it now and it's been great. I get 25mpg average, have filled with DEF I think 3x, but one of those was only a partial fill as I couldn't get to a gas station with DEF dispenser.

I haven't had a chance to tow with it yet, but overall I've been very happy with it and the truck in general.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
After doing some research, it appears the Carbon Pro has limited options for the bed cover.

I'd quickly be interested in level kit, cold air intake, DPF back exhaust, tint, and tonneau.

Not going to lie, I do miss my Tremor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.