New Ford Maverick?

2,090 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by TxAggieBand85
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my kids is looking for a new car and they like the new Ford maverick. I know nothing about them. They look like a fun little vehicle reasonable priced. Any common issues/problems with them? Specific engine/trans combo or options to avoid, or any options they should definitely consider?

Learn me….
AgTech88
clarythedrill
I too may be in the market for one, so I am watching intently.
KRamp90
AG
I do not know about the Mavrick. So no help there.
I bought my son a Colorado Z71 last year and no problems. I drive a Duramax, so the high revving annoys me with the V6. He loves it. He wanted a "mid size truck" and it fit the bill. He's a bit larger than the average person, and the Tacoma was too small. Don't know if that helps.
dodger02
AG
What's the usage?

You can get a 2.5L hybrid with CVT or the 2.0L with optional AWD.

I know "CVTs suck". But that little truck is absolutely perfect for 90% of users with the hybrid.
katy91
AG
I have owned/driven the base model Maverick for just over 2.5 years. No problems to date other than a recall for a side airbag issue. I have the gasser and drive around 2000 miles a month. I dont have any fancy toys to haul around and have only used the bed for trips to the hardware store. The only upgrade I want/wanted would be different wheels-the base model has steelies and I like the looks of upgraded wheels on upper models. My dad recently purchased a Ranger and I actually prefer the Maverick. It's easy to drive/park similar to having a car vs a larger truck. If Ford continues to produce, I would probably purchase another when the time comes at this point.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Bought both a gas and and two hybrids. Flipped the gas and when the hybrids came in, I put my employee in one. When the loaded Lariat one came , I kept one for a month and flipped and kept my lightning.

Both were great and handled nicely , but I liked the lightning more.

Will probably replace the lightning with a 2026 Maverick.
kubiak03
AG
It's turned out to be a great truck across all measures. Hidden gem for the price.
94AGBQ
AG
I own a 2022 lariat hybrid. I'm averaging 41 mpg over 25000 miles now. I split my drive between local and highway. I have zero complaints and it's exactly what I was looking for in a daily driver. I plan to keep it long term at this point.
CURDOG90
AG
I have a 23 with about 25K miles on it. It is perfect for getting around town, and parking it is soooo much easier than my 3/4 ton Dodge. I've had one recall for the lights not working on the towing package. It was a great value, I got an XLT with FX4 package for less than most used trucks cost. I average about 25mpg and have the AWD.
reproag
AG
Great little truck. More room in the back seat then the Ranger. Hybrid will avg 40 MPG but also the hardest to get. If you'd like to talks specifics my contact is in my profile.
cslifer
I can only echo what others are saying. I have been driving a gas XLT for 2 years and love it. Plenty of room in the back seat and interior is comfortable. It is great to drive and is actually usable as a truck as long as you aren't trying to pull big stuff. I love the fact that my wife enjoys driving it and doesn't mind taking the truck to the coop or home depot.
TXCityGirl
Question - Is the turn signal sound the same as in Ford sedans/other models? It's an old school sound that reminds me of my grandma's Lincoln.
Aggie Class of 2026
It's not a true truck due to the frame it's built on. That I do know. It's essentially a car shaped liked a truck
davido
AG
I'm silly, I thought the bed made it a truck.
tk for tu juan
It is a compact/light pickup truck
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

It's not a true truck due to the frame it's built on. That I do know. It's essentially a car shaped liked a truck

Yup.

Escape with a bed.
tk for tu juan
Or Bronco Sport Ute
PMD03
AG
I would love one with an extended cab instead of crew, and a slightly longer bed. It is a good size truck.
TxAggieBand85
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Yup.

Escape with a bed.

I call mine a Prius with a bed. With AI, nothing but Low T ads blast on the sync system.

Escape with a bed is accurate.

And it is an awesome package, got mine from Reproag.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.