Anybody have experience with Safeco Insurance Rewind feature?

7,002 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Pepper Brooks
khkman22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at possibly changing insurance companies and I got a real good quote (almost too good to be true) when using Safeco and their rewind feature. I was just curious if anybody else has used that option before and what your experience with it was. Did the second year premiums remain low like the first year?

Do you know what data they are recording when you have the device in your vehicle?
TX_AG_10
AG
Can't comment on the rewind feature, but I've had good success with Safeco insurance in general. Got signed up through Liere and had a fender bender a few months later. The accident happened on a Sunday in Baton Rouge and we had a rental car waiting for us first thing Monday morning. The car was finished later that week. Zero issues and no complaints. HTH.
aggieforester05
AG
Safeco tried to screw me on a claim against one of their insured. They lied about my statement to put partial fault on me and wouldn't let me hear it again. I had to get the TDI involved before the truth came out about my statement. They lost in arbitration and my insurance company was awarded 100%. They are crooked and cut rate from the top to the bottom. I would avoid them like the Ebola.
dubi
AG
quote:
They are crooked and cut rate from the top to the bottom. I would avoid them like the Ebola.

/end of thread
DanHo2010
AG
khkman - if you're still looking for answers send me an email. dhorn at aggienetwork dot com.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Experiences Like foresters can be found for every insurance co because of the sheer policy volume. Shop for price, go with a reputable company, and hope you don't have to file a claim.

I will say that the way companies have their claims operations setup plays a big part in the customer experience, in my experience.

Disclaimer: I handle litigated commercial liability claims for a major carrier (not safeco).
Absolute
AG
I have no experience with that feature in particular, but have had Safeco for several years and unfortunately had to use them once for an at fault wreck my wife had. No complaints really. They handled things professionally and in line with other companies I have had/dealt with over the years.
DadAG10
quote:
Shop for price, go with a reputable company, and hope you don't have to file a claim.

Besides price, understand the policy. They do differ from company to company, and companies may offer different levels of coverage.

Some will cover if you loan car to someone outside of your household, others won't.

Some will not cover anyone but those listed on the policy, so don't leave your teenager off the policy thinking you will save money.
p_bubel
Boiler and Dad.
JAW3336
AG
Safeco is a good company, I would ask what the rate would be without the rewind feature. Not that it is bad, but it does let someone else monitor your driving habits.

You can also use this site to compare rates with 8 different carriers without giving them your contact info.

compare rates
Pepper Brooks
AG
quote:
quote:
Shop for price, go with a reputable company, and hope you don't have to file a claim.

Besides price, understand the policy. They do differ from company to company, and companies may offer different levels of coverage.

Some will cover if you loan car to someone outside of your household, others won't.

Some will not cover anyone but those listed on the policy, so don't leave your teenager off the policy thinking you will save money.

You are describing some of the differences between the standard ISO and non-standard
policies. The major carriers like State Farm, Allstate, Travelers, usaa, etc should issue you a standard policy. They typically offer more coverage and are more favorable for the consumer. They are also more expensive.

The Gainsco's, Fred Loya's, Elephant Ins cos of the world usually issue more affordable nonstandard policies and that is where you typically see more exclusions/restrictions.

If you ever want to know what you're getting just ask your agent whether it's a standard or a nonstandard policy. However, I would agree you should ALWAYS read the policy because there are exceptions on both sides.
aggieforester05
AG
quote:
Experiences Like foresters can be found for every insurance co because of the sheer policy volume.
I'm sorry, but this is simply not true in Safeco's case. They are scum bags to an epic degree. They intentionally lied and the lie followed the management chain as far as I could get. They are a bad company, just go look at the comments on their facebook page. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from these crooks! Aggies do not lie cheat, steal or tolerate those who do. That is exactly what Safeco does.
JAW3336
AG
quote:
quote:
Experiences Like foresters can be found for every insurance co because of the sheer policy volume.
I'm sorry, but this is simply not true in Safeco's case. They are scum bags to an epic degree. They intentionally lied and the lie followed the management chain as far as I could get. They are a bad company, just go look at the comments on their facebook page. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from these crooks! Aggies do not lie cheat, steal or tolerate those who do. That is exactly what Safeco does.
And you can find the same reviews for every other company out there.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Forester, you sound like you definitely had a bad experience. I hate to break it to you but you are not special or unique.
ac04
used it to forgive an accident my wife had in 2012. it went great, she was so paranoid about it monitoring her that it actually made her a much better driver (she used to drive like an absolute maniac). so win/win for me, cheaper insurance and safer wife.
aggieforester05
AG
and boiler, no need to be a dick...I'm well aware there is bad reviews for every company. Buy Safeco if you want, but its your ass on the line. I would really prefer to warn as many people as possible not to send money their way. I've dealt with a lot of insurance companies for different reasons. Some are good to deal with and some are a pain in the ass. Safeco went above and beyond to try and defraud me over a few hundred bucks. If I would have recorded my phone conversations with them, I could have easily gone after the adjuster for insurance fraud.
khkman22
AG
quote:
used it to forgive an accident my wife had in 2012. it went great, she was so paranoid about it monitoring her that it actually made her a much better driver (she used to drive like an absolute maniac). so win/win for me, cheaper insurance and safer wife.
How long has it been since you have given the device back to them? Have you had a chance to see what the next year's premiums were after the initial discount?
Pepper Brooks
AG
Not being a dick intentionally, you just seem really worked up. The worst you would be able to do is file a TDI complaint.

You cannot file a third party bad faith action in Texas.

I don't intend to purchase safeco insurance so consider it a job well done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.