CARFAX Report requests...Read Here

83,582 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by cruiserag2020
Gigem Trevas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ttt
big ben
AG
ttt
91AggieLawyer
AG
> > These people market to a customer (the consumer) and tell them to ask their "reputable" dealer for one (as if they are FREAKING FREE). <<

YOU are trying to sell a customer a product YOU own. YOU are responsible for supporting the alleged condition of that vehicle. There's NOTHING wrong with a customer asking to see a report detailing that condition, even if it costs you something. Sorry, bud.

Your issues with accuracy may have a point, but this one doesn't. You can always sell new cars exclusively.
Gigem Trevas
ttt
IDAGG
AG
I looked at an auto check and a car fax (car fax provided free from the dealer) for a used car I was looking at. I had to pay for the auto check. It showed frame damage. The car fax showed nothing. I think the dealer was genuinely surprised...or was a good liar.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Was it Texas Direct Auto?
The Wonderer
AG
1ags old F150?!
IDAGG
AG
quote:
Was it Texas Direct Auto?

No actually it was dealer in Portland, Oregon that deals in used premium autos. I had spoke with them on the phone several times about this particular car and had looked at the car fax they supplied. It looked fine so I put a refundable $500 deposit on the car to hold it until I could go to check it out in person.

As an aside, have you ever had a little voice in your head that says "uh, not so fast, dig a little more?" I did the day before I left to check out the car. I don't remember where I got the idea to buy an auto check report but, I bought one, and Jeez Louise, frame damage. I called the dealer, told then what I found and told them I wanted my deposit back. They sounded real surprised, said they would check on it. A couple hours later they called back and said "wow, you are right, we didn't know." I don't know if they were genuinely surprised or covering their butt. I got the deposit back promptly.
BigRobSA
Texas Direct - Portland?

Mookie
AG
i had a CPO fx35 that we sold that the same thing happened. most dealers either get a carfax account or an autocheck account as they are both pretty expensive for dealers. some OEM CPO programs require a carfax or autocheck, but not both. infiniti requires a carfax, so we supplied carfax on all cpo.

this fx ended up with frame at auction reported on autocheck but not carfax, and i had to unwind the deal as infiniti wouldn't cpo it, and i was stuck. not fun...

btw, autocheck reports on auction ANNOUNCEMENTS, not just auction listings like carfax.
IDAGG
AG
quote:
btw, autocheck reports on auction ANNOUNCEMENTS, not just auction listings like car fax.

Mookie, That is interesting. Please explain the difference. As I am a serial used car buyer, I would love to know how to get more reliable data on potential purchases.
Mookie
AG
car runs at auction, frame damage is announced per NAAA rules on the block.

CARFAX: This vehicle ran at auction
AUTOCHECK: This vehicle ran at auction, FRAME DAMAGE announced.

At least in a perfect world.
Corps_Ag12
AG
BUMP

Staff, could we sticky this at the top of the Automotive forum?

[This message has been edited by Corps_Ag12 (edited 8/5/2014 9:00a).]

Sure thing. - TexAgs Staff
Dill-Ag13
AG
Sweetness
Gigem Trevas
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/how-carfax-works-and-why-you-should-take-it-with-a-gra-1639660981/1639687668/+tommcparland

Exactly what I think but can't express as well.
Complete Idiot
Just a snippet from a Carfax I just ran....

[table]Accident / Damage Accidents reported on: 02/27/2009, 03/29/2009, 12/16/2009 and 05/01/2010.
Accident Reported
No New Issues Reported
[/table]
GinaLinetti
AG
So I'm trading in my car. When they ran the car fax an accident popped up before I bought it. The one I got from the dealership when I purchased it showed no accidents. Car has been a pos since I got it. Just a cautionary tale. Do your own research
SanAntoneAg
AG
Lodes, you new ride is a POS or the old one?
GinaLinetti
AG
The old one. The new one is great.

Sorry I didn't clarify well. Don't buy from Tranum in Temple
Three Seasons
AG
What about this site?

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle/land.php
K Bo
AG
anyone still have a valid CarFax account?
JB
AG
1FT7W2BT5BEC29182

Would like to see where my stolen/totaled F250 ended up if anyone has a free carfax. It was at a Copart junkyard but never showed up on their auction website.
Jetpilot86
AG
I've got an unlimited plate, and a few vin's left.
MyTexasCarGuy
AG
If someone needs assistance, (CarFax, etc) I'm happy to help.
10andBOUNCE
AG
If anyone could run a car fax on below VIN I would greatly appreciate it! Trying to sell my Prius and have already been asked if I could provide one. Can email me at username @ gmail....TIA!

JTDKN3DU7C1506982
MyTexasCarGuy
AG
Still need help?
FSGuide
What are the odds of a small dealership doctoring a Carfax to sell a car that they know has damage? Carfax given to us from dealer shows a clean report while AutoCheck from another source shows accident from Oct 2017 with an associated police report.
RockOn
Could anyone run a report on my own car that I'm trying to sell? I don't think its been in any accidents, but just want to be truthful when I say that it hasn't:

5J6YH186X5L007161

[Did you actually read the first post?] - Staff
Gilligan
AG
Bought a used Honda from Honda of Clear Lake.

Single owner clean, no problems with the car.

They handed me a Car Fax Report. Didn't request one.

fast forward a few years and I am selling the car.

potential buyer shows up with a Car Fax different than the one Honda of Clear Lake handed me.

i.e. Showed an accident on it and that time period was missing from the report handed to me.

other than just another example of slimy car dealership, is there any recourse?

in the end it didn't cost me but a few bucks.

** Good information above. should have read all of it before posting. **

Car buying is just something that needs to be done, but will probably never trust in my lifetime.
Gilligan
AG
The odds are HIGH...
HoustonAg12
AG
Good friend thinks his gf has another guy coming over. Can someone run this plate? HCK4561

Vin according to google 1FTEW1EG3GKD22260
harge57
AG
Anyone have extra carfaxes?

Wanting to run.

3GCUKREC8EG511624
L8HIT
AG
Anyone have extra CARFAXes? More than happy to Venmo/PayPal you a couple of bucks for the help.

Need to check this VIN: 5TFCZ5AN3KX190879

Thanks, guys.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I accidentally bought the 5 pack of reports.

If anyone would like a carfax report and venmo/paypal 20 bucks to help recoup my cost, I'd be glad to run one for you.

10andBOUNCE
AG
Trying to private sale and buyer asked for a VIN check from below. Anyone have ability to pull for a discounted rate?

https://www.reportvincheck.com/
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.