Renting my condo in Rockport

1,616 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by drmwvr
dond91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A few years back I purchased a condo in Rockport just on the outskirts of town with a awesome back lakes and bay views. If you and your family are looking for a quiet quiet place to get away for a few days please consider my place. I hate having to rent it but with the huge increase in taxes and insurance I unfortunately have to... and I'd dang sure rather have Ags in there vs. a random Joe any day.

If you like viewing wildlife, especially birds stay here and take your binoculars. If you like kayaking and fishing it's off the charts here.

https://rockportliving.com/birders-paradise/
Brush Country Ag
AG
You might want to post this on the Outdoors Board. Think you would get a lot more exposure there.
drmwvr
AG
Looks nice, best of luck! I will keep you in mind when we have family overflow issues at our place down there.

Edit- also, fight your taxes if you haven't already. Ours went up significantly in Key Allegro and we were successful in bringing them back down a good portion of the increase. Insurance is tougher but we have used GSM (Local) for years and they have really worked hard to get us the best value every year even if it means dropping one carrier for another.
YouBet
AG
drmwvr said:

Looks nice, best of luck! I will keep you in mind when we have family overflow issues at our place down there.

Edit- also, fight your taxes if you haven't already. Ours went up significantly in Key Allegro and we were successful in bringing them back down a good portion of the increase. Insurance is tougher but we have used GSM (Local) for years and they have really worked hard to get us the best value every year even if it means dropping one carrier for another.
Did you do this yourself or use a firm? I used a firm in Dallas and was fairly successful. Haven't done it here yet.
dond91
Thanks I'll definitely do that.
dond91
I haven't fought them yet but this year's increase, both taxes and insurance, got my attention that's for sure. I will look up GSM, thanks for the advice! Happy New Year!
busdriver88
AG
I may need to rent this long term in a couple of years! Wife and I bought a lot in Cape Valero, and I am worried about not being down there while the build happens......Glad I saw this, learned some good intel about insurance and taxes by reading!
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
Drmwvr is right as usual on all things Key Allegro. GSM for insurance and fight hard against property taxes. We have 3 condos there and use Kinsey Mcgrew with Junek Consulting who is an absolute ace in South Texas for fighting property taxes. Her and her dad have been doing this a LONG time. Dad is POC based and Kinsey is Victoria based but know Rockport extremely well.
YouBet
AG
RethinkTheWeekend said:

Drmwvr is right as usual on all things Key Allegro. GSM for insurance and fight hard against property taxes. We have 3 condos there and use Kinsey Mcgrew with Junek Consulting who is an absolute ace in South Texas for fighting property taxes. Her and her dad have been doing this a LONG time. Dad is POC based and Kinsey is Victoria based but know Rockport extremely well.
Thank you.
drmwvr
AG
YouBet said:

drmwvr said:

Did you do this yourself or use a firm? I used a firm in Dallas and was fairly successful. Haven't done it here yet.
We have used American Ad Valorem Tax Consultants out of Corpus Christi with good results if you need another contact. Sometimes these smaller offices will turn away new customers if they become too busy. Good luck!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.