Post here if you are from the Panhandle

30,118 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Drawkcab
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another Hale Center native spotting!
panhandlefarmer
AG
dalhart/texline
chocolatelabs
AG
P-farmer.

do you ever get pronghorn permits for hunting?
panhandlefarmer
AG
I do not.
Hagen95
AG
Another Texline native here. Was just back up there two weeks ago.
KNIGHTSAG
AG
quote:
First 18 years in Parmer County. Then the 4 years in Aggieland followed by 9 years back in Parmer County followed by 27 years in Carson County. Last 4 years in Randall County.

Born in Muleshoe; 2 in Farwell; 16 in Panhandle; AGGIELAND (long enough to get a Phd but no Phd); 2 in Clarendon; 1 in Canyon and now 7 years back in Panhandle. All of it due to SQ6AG74
SunrayAg
AG
I'm not from the panhandle, but I've been here for 20 years...
whitwalker
I have been back in Amarillo since 1993. I also was born here and went to high school at Amarillo High. I graduated A&M in 1986. I practice internal Medicine at the medical school. Texas Tech Health Science Center in Amarillo. (Aggie medical school is very nice, but I live in Amarillo.)
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Sunray, do you work at the refinery?
KL08AG
AG
quote:
Another Hale Center native spotting!

I think we've talked about this before. Im one of some 150+ Jimenez grand children.

Edited to include link... Before I changed my screenname.

http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/39/Topics/2050000

[This message has been edited by Kl08ag (edited 8/26/2014 11:04a).]
CanyonAg77
AG
Sorry, I don't always recall old "conversations".

Sorry to hear about Emilio's passing. He was a good man.
KL08AG
AG
quote:
Sorry, I don't always recall old "conversations".

Sorry to hear about Emilio's passing. He was a good man.

Thank you so much. It was a beautiful funeral, and I'm still amazed at how many people were impacted by him.
eric76
AG
quote:
Grew up in Amarillo. Family has history back in old hansford...

My grandfather went over to Old Hansford on the day of January 27, 1911.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Not from the Panhandle, but moved to Canyon this summer. Love it so far.
CDUB98
AG
Born and raised in Amarillo.

Been in Houston since graduation in '99.

Miss the weather a great deal. Miss the outdoors some. Miss Palo Duro Canyon a ton.

Only get back two times a year to see my family. July 4th and one of either Christmas or Thanksgiving depending on whether A&M is at home on Thanksgiving.
Upperdeck Critic
I'm not a former Student of Texas A&M. My oldest brother(now deceased) graduated from Texas A&M in the class of 1952. That is my link to Texas A&M and everything Aggie. I've followed the Aggies since I was a child of 3. I was born in Canyon. Graduated from West Texas State now West Texas A&M University. My first Aggie game I attended was the Aggie-Tech game in 1967 in Lubbock. I saw Edd Hargett run 15 yards in the last 3 seconds of the game to rally the Aggies and defeat TT 28 to 24. That team went on to defeat the Crimson Tide and Bear Bryant in the 1968 Cotton Bowl. Also listened to many Aggie basketball games over KRLD beginning in the 60's . I've been to games at Kyle Field over the years... I'm @GameDayAggie on Twitter. Gig'em Aggies!
Dunn4
AG
From Bushland.
tex 93
AG
Graduated from Crosbyton. Live south of Ralls now.
HawaiiAG
AG
From Borger and have lived in Seoul for over 20 years. Quite a difference! Going back to Hawaii next March when I retire.
Hawaii AG
Luke8512
AG
Parmer county born and raised.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Born and raised in Plainview, worked in Halfway in highschool. Moved to College Station and now am on the coast. My folks retired and moved down here. Haven't been back up that way in almost 10 years.
jbone3515
AG
CanyonAg, I'm still trying to figure out who your son is. Graduated from Canyon in '05 and went to A&M? What degree? Where is he now?
CanyonAg77
AG
He was a cadet in C-2, history major, living in Temple. He was in X-C, band and soccer in high school. Drove a '74 Nova some, and a tank of a '73 Catilina some.
jbone3515
AG
I'm pretty certain I know who he is now. We obviously knew each other since we went to Canyon. However, we never really hung out. He played soccer and I played baseball, so we both had 7 am workouts during the fall semesters. (I think he was there anyways.) Nonetheless, hope all is well! There's a small number of us Canyon Ags!
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
I'm pretty certain I know who he is now. We obviously knew each other since we went to Canyon. However, we never really hung out. He played soccer and I played baseball, so we both had 7 am workouts during the fall semesters. (I think he was there anyways.) Nonetheless, hope all is well! There's a small number of us Canyon Ags!

CanyonAg77's son here.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are based on baseball, '04 and engineering. Did you drive a Saleen Mustang back in the day?

And since I'm in the thread, add one more to the Canyon list, though as my dad mentioned I'm not in the area any more....living in Central Texas these days.

jbone3515
AG
You got it.

Hope all is well! Any plans to move back up to the panhandle?
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
You got it.

Hope all is well! Any plans to move back up to the panhandle?

Honestly, probably not. I miss the area and would love to go back, but we have family in the College Station area and loved our time down there so much we're tempted to move back there if we go anywhere. Either way any move is at least 3 years down the road, we're here in Temple for the foreseeable future.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
born in Canyon
Lived in Dumas until 4
LIved in Friona until 14
Moved to Central Texas
Now live in Waco.
rjhtamu
AG
Born and raised in Borger too, now reside in Waco.
CanyonAg77
AG
Bender and Soul above have little sisters who were high school and club soccer teammates.
BenTheGoodAg
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Born and raised in Dumas on a dusty old farm.
Graduated from A&M in '09.
Now live in Amarillo with a tour of duty in Florida thrown in there for a couple of years for the company.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
quote:
Bender and Soul above have little sisters who were high school and club soccer teammates.
The_Thinker
Don't think I ever responded here, Lubbock born and raised. Currently back here as well though that will more than likely change in 2 years.
Citizen Reign
Born and raised in AMA.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.