Houston
Sponsored by

Sundays at Chrome

4,703 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by David_Puddy
AggieLong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know what the hell goes on at Chrome on Sundays? I live near there and it always seems to have a huge crowd there. That place really isn't my scene, but I would like to know what could draw that many people on a Sunday afternoon.
David_Puddy
AG
Lots of breast dancers, cokeheads, and roided dudes with skull shirts.
MAS444
AG
Hot chicks with deuchebags and drugs.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
You say that like it's a bad thing, David_Puddy.
AggieLong
AG
Yeah... it always looks like some shady people are going in there. But, if they are giving away BJ's with a T-bone steak for $9.99, I can make some new friends.
David_Puddy
AG
Oh yea, and the 1 time that I went, I saw TG there.
AggieLong
AG
So, is there anything going on there on Sundays? It seems like a weird time to go to a club.
Guitarsoup
AG
I got bounced from Chrome Friday. The bouncers said I was too thoed and not Asian enough.
DRE06
AG
everytime i hear the word chrome...i can't help to think of that seen in Basesketball(sp?) with Jenny McCarthy.

i love her. real love.
KW02
AG
A few Sundays ago, they had circus day. There were people on stilts, midgets, and clowns.

Very strange.
slurpee
there were people on midgets and clowns?
Bootstrap
I think all these hot-shot clubbers, meat heads, and fast women would be interesting to see the other aspects of their life. Their job, what there apartment looks like (not the place just how clean/dirty it is), their relationship with their parents...

Just all the stuff they do when they aren't starched and cleaned at the bars.

Then again, I'm the weirdo that is completely facinated with white trash! Ever seen Gummo? Good stuff!

[This message has been edited by wturner3 (edited 7/16/2007 2:24p).]
Yao Bling
Gummo is unreal. I have probably seen it 30 times and have it just about memorized. Rented it in 2000 just b/c the cover kicked ass and me and a few buddies immediately fell in love with it. i love and hate white trash
houstontexan
chrome is so laughable.

gotta love getting the owners gay a** texts "sundae fundae."
lexofer
AG
I was just browsing chron.com and saw some pics from "Sunday Funday" at Crome. Apparently it's a patio party they have every week. The Chron has some pics of it on this page.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/clubs/seensters/

Looks like a couple of meatheads but a lot more dorky Asians.
Yao Bling
that girl in pic 11 with professional spring breaker Van Blasingame is smokin. these girls actually do these guys.

[This message has been edited by Yao Bling (edited 7/16/2007 11:57p).]
cjg89
AG
Pic 13 looks pretty good, but that place is dead.

Beerosch
AG
I need to look into becoming a professional spring breaker if they can pull chicks like that.
David_Puddy
AG
Check out pic 10....pink f'in skull. Hang yourself buddy.
AggieLong
AG
Yep, that is the type of trash littered along my street on Sundays.

Would it be worth checking out once? Any specials?
Scantron882
AG
Van Blasingame?

Is that the guys real name, sounds like a Ron Mexico alias.
crewez
AG
HAHAHAHAHA
Diggity
AG
wow....i hate all these people

MAS444
AG
Freakin hilarious!
Yao Bling
those people would get their ass dealt with on North Main huh MAS? id like to see that D-bag with the nose ring or Van Blasingame walk into El Presidente or Sara's Place or even Tall Texan. im going to be a PSB for Halloween for sure now.
David_Puddy
AG
Just a hunch, but I'm not sure that the nose ring guy likes girls.
Yao Bling
he may just be metro-emo. its a very very fine line. its a coin toss though, you could very well be right.
Houston_Ag
Besides, are you absolutely sure that's a woman he's with?
tiny94
I know people that go to Chrome (well, that do the whole 'sunday funday' circle). Pathetic!
MAS444
AG
Yao,

No way could they hang on North Main. Went to Sara's Place the other night late night and there were two people in the bar: a girl working behind the bar who just arrived here from Mexico that did not speak one single word of English...and a drunk bum following us around asking for money. There was also a cholo in the parking lot who was passed out, half hanging out of his open car door.
MAS444
AG
And I almost went to Chrome Sunday...but opted for Kobain (which sucked), Molina's (friends were there), Beer Island and 6th Street.
Diggity
AG

i just assumed this was scott taylor from F5K
AggieLong
AG
What is the guy on the right doing?

David_Puddy
AG
Yao - I'm surprised that the one guy from the gym isn't showing up in a lot of those pics. He looks like the type of cheesehead that frequents that place.

To the originator of the thread, I would say that it is certainly worth going to once or twice, if simply for the people watching. Don't expect cheap drinks though.
Yao Bling
quote:
Yao,

No way could they hang on North Main. Went to Sara's Place the other night late night and there were two people in the bar: a girl working behind the bar who just arrived here from Mexico that did not speak one single word of English...and a drunk bum following us around asking for money. There was also a cholo in the parking lot who was passed out, half hanging out of his open car door.

when the place is bumpin (15-20 people) its actually a pretty cool place. there is a pretty cute looking bartender there that barely speaks english. i wonder if its the same one?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.