Houston
Sponsored by

Eclipse traffic

19,347 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 94chem
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He took it while sipping whiskey in his pool but I'll be sure to tell him it was terrible.
Heisenberg01
AG
jja79 said:

He took it while sipping whiskey in his pool but I'll be sure to tell him it was terrible.

Granted the picture isn't very good. However, what I am trying to tell you is that his opinion (take) that he wouldn't drive anywhere to see it, is vastly underselling the experience. If anyone was close by and had the option of taking it in, but didn't, then they truly missed out.
Booma94
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

jja79 said:

Buddy sent me this from Coryell County. Said it was cool but he wouldn't have driven anywhere to see it.

This is a terrible take from your buddy. Totality far exceeded my expectations. It is a completely different experience in taking in the eclipse. The experience makes you feel so insignificant compared to the wonders of the universe and how there must be a creator that set all this into motion. Anything outside of totality is very meh in comparison.

I get now why people chase it all over the planet. When the darkness turns to light there is a sense of sadness that it's over so quickly.
What's equally as impressive to me is that people are able to calculate exactly when and where these things are going to happen down to the second and within feet.
jja79
AG
I guess you're the ruler of how people are supposed to feel about things. I'm sure he'll be concerned about not winning the Heisenberg Trophy.
Heisenberg01
AG
Some people are just above thinking anything is worthwhile. Even if it is a celestial event allowing you to look straight into the sun, viewing a ring of fire, turning the sky so dark in the middle of the day that you can see other planets and stars, and dropping the temperature 10 degrees.

But hey, "noT tHat Big a dEaL, brUh!"
Texaggie7nine
I was absolutely happy we drove 2.5 hrs to see totality. Was 100% worth it. I would probably drive maybe 4 or 5 hrs to see it if I never have before. Beyond that eh.

It was mind blowing for sure, being in totality rather than even 98%. There is no way to truly describe the feeling or to convey it in pictures. However, it is short. It would be like if you could travel to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon, but only for 2 minutes. Sure, it's awe inspiring, but 2 mins worth of it isn't worth flying for or driving for 8+ hours.
7nine
jja79
AG
As I said I'll let him know you don't approve of his reaction to it.

What business is it of yours how others feel about anything?
Heisenberg01
AG
jja79 said:

As I said I'll let him know you don't approve of his reaction to it.

What business is it of yours how others feel about anything?

CDUB98
AG
Would you two just shut up.
GoAgs92
AG
The only thing that sucked about it was the people cranking "total eclipse of the heart" by bonnie tyler.

that song stinks.
Serotonin
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I was absolutely happy we drove 2.5 hrs to see totality. Was 100% worth it. I would probably drive maybe 4 or 5 hrs to see it if I never have before. Beyond that eh.

It was mind blowing for sure, being in totality rather than even 98%. There is no way to truly describe the feeling or to convey it in pictures. However, it is short. It would be like if you could travel to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon, but only for 2 minutes. Sure, it's awe inspiring, but 2 mins worth of it isn't worth flying for or driving for 8+ hours.
Agree with that

I also agree with the poster who said earlier that you can't compare a 98% eclipse to a total eclipse. They are completely different events.
The Kraken
AG
LOL were you in Hudson Bend on Lake Travis?
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Greendale 87
AG
Despite the doomsayers my trip from H-Town to Dangerfield TX was rewarded with clear skies and good family time. Totality is pretty darned awesome.

Traffic in extremely rural north east Texas was horrible though. There was at least another dozen cars on the road what a pain .
CFTXAG10
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5jKQFmRDa4/
94chem
GoAgs92 said:

The only thing that sucked about it was the people cranking "total eclipse of the heart" by bonnie tyler.

that song stinks.

You're hurting Chris Walker's feelings.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.