Houston
Sponsored by

2024 Property Tax Season

21,598 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by P.H. Dexippus
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bert315
AG
Market up 3% but full 10% in appraisal. My market is $50k over appraisal so doubly I can get it low enough to drive down appraisal value. Is my option to just protest the market value with photos showing repairs I need to get done that would impact market value?
12Power
Who do you all use to contest your property taxes? I used an individual / owner operator who passed away a couple months ago. He was very reasonable and got results most years. Thank you.
The Wonderer
AG
12Power said:

Who do you all use to contest your property taxes? I used an individual / owner operator who passed away a couple months ago. He was very reasonable and got results most years. Thank you.

Mr. McGibblets said:

BudFox7 said:

Where can I get in contact with you?
EHaidamous@hataxgroup.com

Please include your address and phone number. Also mention TexAgs to get your discount.
SouthwesternAg
S
Just shot you an email. We're out in Bridgeland and need some help with a protest.
Bob Lee
AG
Down $50k in old Katy. Little over 8%. I've gotten hammered year after year till now like all the rest of you. Every year till now they've raised the market value by 15- 20%, and I've been able to get it down to right at about the 10% appraisal value increase give or take a little. I'm actually not going to protest this year. I'm afraid I would somehow get a worse result.
Diggity
AG
Bob Lee said:

Down $50k in old Katy. Little over 8%. I've gotten hammered year after year till now like all the rest of you. Every year till now they've raised the market value by 15- 20%, and I've been able to get it down to right at about the 10% appraisal value increase give or take a little. I'm actually not going to protest this year. I'm afraid I would somehow get a worse result.

ABP = Always Be Protesting
Dr. Venkman
AG
I have rentals and have received settlement offers on all of them prior to my informal. This rarely happens. The offers are not anything special, but also tempting since it's a roll of the dice on what kind of appraiser I'll get. I wonder if this signals they're willing to negotiate more this year.
Diggity
AG
ISettle offers? That seems quick
Mr. McGibblets
AG
They are sending them out even before we protested.

Speaking of, we are no longer taking on any new residential clients for 2024 tax year.

Thanks and GigEm
Diggity
AG
How does that work?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Trying to knock out accounts early I guess. Problem is, no evidence to review yet to see if it is a good offer or not. So we are waiting until we see the evidence before we accept.
Diggity
AG
So you have filed for a protest, you just haven't presented evidence yet?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Not filing my list until 5/10. I always wait to make sure I am coded to 95% of my Harris properties. However, I already started filing my outer counties.

Edit to add. You can't see the CAD evidence until you protest.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Diggity said:

ISettle offers? That seems quick
Doesn't say anything about iSettle. Just a settlement offer. I have up to the day prior to the informal hearing date to accept it.
Diggity
AG
Gotcha. I filed my protest early but haven't heard back. I feel like it usually takes a couple months but might be misremembering.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Don't forget to vote in today's HCAD election if you have not early voted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.