Houston
Sponsored by

2024 Property Tax Season

21,605 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by P.H. Dexippus
Red Pear Realty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
So I may have found a glitch in HCAD's new system? It looks like about half the time when I view the new property search system, 2024 values show up for my primary residence. Check it out below. Is anyone else seeing the same thing I am for their properties? Looks like I'll be getting the full 10% increase that they are legally allowed to hit me with this year, plus some more next year for good measure.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
cab559
AG
Not coming up for me
htxag09
AG
What site/system is that?

Didn't know HCAD had a new one, I'm on the standard hcad.org site I've always used, still shows pending for me.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
HCAD.org > Property Search > type address (this is the new system that was formerly labeled Beta)

I do not see that the legacy system does it at all. (HCAD.org > Hover over Property Search and click Classic Search > Type Address)

If I hit refresh a couple of times, this is the view I get (without 2024 values):

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
TXTransplant
Didn't do it for me. I saw that same graph, but it stopped at 2023.
htxag09
AG
Interesting, haven't gone from the toolbar in the top, I've always used the link in the middle of the page, which takes you directly to the old view.

Found the new system, I refreshed several times but still just shows pending. Graph stops at 2023.
The Wonderer
AG
Checked my house and it originally showed 2024 numbers and now only shows 2023.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
The Wonderer said:

Checked my house and it originally showed 2024 numbers and now only shows 2023.
Same. Had 2024 pop up, can't get it to do it again.
AgLA06
AG
You are a brave man posting your address. Especially considering you in the Google maps street view photo.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I specifically remembered that day/moment because I was sick and coming back from the doctor, felt and looked like trash, and the google machine drives by. I remember thinking something like, "well that figures".
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I am not seeing 2024 values, but I noticed that under improvements, it says I had the foundation repaired in 2021...that is false. Is that error worth bothering to correct?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I wouldn't give them an inch!
Ragoo
AG
The racket lives
Aggie71013
AG
Market better not be up 10%+ across the board again. I've been monitoring prices in my neighborhood for the last year and the PSF do not seem to have gone up much if at all.
AgLA06
AG
That would be nice. Unfortunately many of our houses in our hood never even make it to market and have a bidding war.
CDUB98
AG
I have zero doubt we'll be hit with the 10% max......again. Damned mother ****ers.
K Bo
AG
looks like I'm going up 5.8% in 77018
Foamcows
AG
Kind of related.... noticed when looking up my house, they have the wrong specs.... they list an extra full bath than what we have... is this something worth fixing?
Sea Speed
AG
Foamcows said:

Kind of related.... noticed when looking up my house, they have the wrong specs.... they list an extra full bath than what we have... is this something worth fixing?

100% you need to get that addressed. Zero doubt about it.

On my end, the CAD thinks my house is way smaller than it is and I'm not going to go and correct them.
Martin Q. Blank
I tried a couple of times and was able to see 2024 with a 16% increase.
MAS444
AG
Only 23% up in 77009.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Foamcows said:

They might take the correction into account for the year you raise the error, but they probably will not correct their records. They still have errors on mine I've been bringing to their attention for 17 years.
MAS444
AG
Same thing for me with my previous house. They always showed an extra bedroom. Still do by looking just now.
Martin Q. Blank
Clearly they have the numbers this early so why do they wait until April to send out notices?
Sea Speed
AG
I bet this is going to cause a firestorm since people are seeing their increases now. I hope hcad burns
TXTransplant
Martin Q. Blank said:

Clearly they have the numbers this early so why do they wait until April to send out notices?

Gotta keep that protest window as short as possible to make sure as many people as possible miss it.
texsn95
AG
Sea Speed said:

Foamcows said:

100% you need to get that addressed. Zero doubt about it.

On my end, the CAD thinks my house is way smaller than it is and I'm not going to go and correct them.
Same, they show ~10% less sq ft than actual.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
While I'm ranting about government…My mail hasn't been delivered since Friday, trash hasn't been picked up since January 2nd, and recycling hasn't been picked up since December 19. Glad that all my taxes are being put to good use.
Sea Speed
AG
H tine hol' it diiiiine
K Bo
AG
Trash trucks finally came through my area of OF last night but no mail since Fri and I assume my green bin will sit on my curb to never be emptied again.
CDUB98
AG
K Bo said:

looks like I'm going up 5.8% in 77018
That gives me a little hope. We live in the same zip code.
htxag09
AG
K Bo said:

Trash trucks finally came through my area of OF last night but no mail since Fri and I assume my green bin will sit on my curb to never be emptied again.
And the official city recycling app showed trash wouldn't be picked up until today (Thursday). So if you followed the app they request you to follow, you wouldn't be getting your trash picked up this week.
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
Just checked mine. It didn't work first two times and glitched the 3rd time and pulled it up had a 3.3% increase,.
JobSecurity
AG
Market value no change but appraised up the full 10%. 77450
htxag09
AG
New house so no cap....it's actually down, only like 0.5%, but down....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.