Houston
Sponsored by

**Agproducer**

14,398 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ClickClack
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Milkman said:

Exactly. If he had just said "sorry we won't solicit to your home any more" there wouldn't be a story, bad press, or any discussion whatsoever. Instead he wanted to spend time writing up a sarcastic, rude, and unnecessary rant and it will inevitably cost him.

I don't get why people feel the need to make a production of everything. It's the same with athletes or celebrities. If you give standard, "boring" responses you aren't going to get the negative backlash that can occur.

Like running to the internet to try and get the local news to report on something as dumb as this?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Jajajajajajajajajajaja
jetch17
AG
Hey! a reply to my inquiry!

Quote:

Hi Hugh!

Finally, someone got the GOLDEN TICKET! :-) However, to redeem your prize, we need the following:
[ol]
  • X-rays from your local USDA APHIS accredited veterinarian. To let you know, we only use USA manufacturers for our washers, which you will clearly see stamped with XJ9-1B25IOW. Some of our competitors use Chinese manufactured washers stamped XJ9-l8ZS10VV. You can see how closely (and craftily) this serial number resembles the American washer.
  • Your Stanley Steemer's ID Badge number. We have informed Stanley Steemer on several occasions that our washers are manufactured from US Steel, which obviously is magnetic, and can therefore be simply removed from carpet via a high-powered magnet (50 Gauss or higher, preferably Neodymium).
  • Your Bridgeland-HOA-approved yard sign. We have had several meetings with Jessica and have yet been able to unanimously approve the design of such a sanctioned yard sign. It seems highly dubious that you have such a sign.
  • The name of the builder of your Bridgeland home. It seems that "white carpet" is NOT an option offered by the various home builders approved by Bridgeland. Therefore, your house was manufactured by a non-approved home builder OR you had your carpet recently replaced. After extensive research, we found only THREE suppliers of "white" carpet. Many companies offer a VERY light grey, but only three had WHITE. Of these three, we found that two of them only service the Pearland area and the third only associates with Persians. We then cross-referenced Persian homeowners in Bridgeland and found ONE match. And their name does NOT end with Grogan. What is does end with is hard to spell and harder to pronounce, but it is NOT Grogan.
  • [/ol]You are in SERIOUS jeopardy of forfeiting your Golden Ticket prize of the highly coveted Halloween Decorator package of your choice so be VERY careful how you proceed!

Sincerely,
    Halloween Decorators

p.s. We have logged your email with a +10 sarcasm points in our filing system. This goes far in our judging system of who gets what we're about. Send us a pic of your festively decorated yard. If it matches a pic on our phone from when we delivered flyers, you will get a BONUS gift! :-)
    Mr. McGibblets
    AG
    Now see that is how they should of responded in the beginning! hahahaha
    Martin Q. Blank
    hodgesco said:

Link to the story.....

http://abc13.com/news/war-of-words-over-unwanted-advertisements/1565432/

No audio and Mary's name is not blurred out (even though it is "omitted" in the story body).
    HBCanine08
    2ndChanceAg96
    AG
    Aggie281 said:

My God local news is awful...Some dude put a flyer on my house!
    Someone got shot in the 1st - 20th Ward........but you probably already knew that!!!
    Big Cat `93
    zap
    AG

That Art Rascon is one handsome devil.
    The Wonderer
    AG
    JobSecurity
    AG
    We did it Texags!
    WorthAg95
    AG
    RM1993 said:

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
    Nope! Heaven forbid someone actually throw a flyer in the trash. Kudos to the business owner.
    FW Declerk
    Ag_N_Houston said:

RM1993 said:

So he is FB friends with someone named Chance Mock.......
    I went to HS with Chance Mock.
    so did i
    JYDog90
    AG
    With AgProducer no longer in the game, how we gonna make stuff happen?
    Some Junkie Cosmonaut
    AG
    jetch17 said:

Quote:

Hi Hugh!

Finally, someone got the GOLDEN TICKET! :-) However, to redeem your prize, we need the following:
    [ol]
  • X-rays from your local USDA APHIS accredited veterinarian. To let you know, we only use USA manufacturers for our washers, which you will clearly see stamped with XJ9-1B25IOW. Some of our competitors use Chinese manufactured washers stamped XJ9-l8ZS10VV. You can see how closely (and craftily) this serial number resembles the American washer.
  • Your Stanley Steemer's ID Badge number. We have informed Stanley Steemer on several occasions that our washers are manufactured from US Steel, which obviously is magnetic, and can therefore be simply removed from carpet via a high-powered magnet (50 Gauss or higher, preferably Neodymium).
  • Your Bridgeland-HOA-approved yard sign. We have had several meetings with Jessica and have yet been able to unanimously approve the design of such a sanctioned yard sign. It seems highly dubious that you have such a sign.
  • The name of the builder of your Bridgeland home. It seems that "white carpet" is NOT an option offered by the various home builders approved by Bridgeland. Therefore, your house was manufactured by a non-approved home builder OR you had your carpet recently replaced. After extensive research, we found only THREE suppliers of "white" carpet. Many companies offer a VERY light grey, but only three had WHITE. Of these three, we found that two of them only service the Pearland area and the third only associates with Persians. We then cross-referenced Persian homeowners in Bridgeland and found ONE match. And their name does NOT end with Grogan. What is does end with is hard to spell and harder to pronounce, but it is NOT Grogan.
  • [/ol]You are in SERIOUS jeopardy of forfeiting your Golden Ticket prize of the highly coveted Halloween Decorator package of your choice so be VERY careful how you proceed!

Sincerely,
    Halloween Decorators

p.s. We have logged your email with a +10 sarcasm points in our filing system. This goes far in our judging system of who gets what we're about. Send us a pic of your festively decorated yard. If it matches a pic on our phone from when we delivered flyers, you will get a BONUS gift! :-)

poetry.
    Bighamp03
    AG
    I kinda want to pay this guy $99 to decorate my house now.
    P.H. Dexippus
    AG
    Bighamp03 said:

I kinda want to pay this guy $99 to decorate my house now.

Wait...are you telling me the foreseeable result of sending sarcastic letters to potential customers was free advertising?!
    Jaydoug
    AG
    agproducer said:

wessimo said:

Snarky email responses from a guy who will decorate your lawn for halloween are news?

This is what news has become. It is info-tainment. This is a story that will get a ton of web hits, and people will talk about it.

So, if you have anymore story ideas, send them to me. I'm leaving TV in a week.

Congrats on the new position Agproducer.

TV news is a dying institution. Twenty years from now we'll all simply be watching 3rd-Gen-Youtube cat videos while riding in our driverless Teslas.
    The Wonderer
    AG
    Jaydoug said:

agproducer said:

wessimo said:

Snarky email responses from a guy who will decorate your lawn for halloween are news?

This is what news has become. It is info-tainment. This is a story that will get a ton of web hits, and people will talk about it.

TV news is a dying institution. Twenty years from now we'll all simply be watching 3rd-Gen-Youtube cat videos while riding in our driverless Teslas.
    agproducer
    AG
    Jaydoug said:

agproducer said:

wessimo said:

Thank you so much. I'm ready for the change. I've been at this for 18 years. It's time to hang up the headphones.
    ClickClack
    AG
    jetch17 said:

Quote:

Hi Hugh!

[ol]

Sincerely,
    Halloween Decorators

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.