Houston
Sponsored by

best bfast tacos in Heights area?

6,123 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by El Mero Guero
El Mero Guero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Go to Andy's. Order the "juevos con chorizo a la mexicana con queso"...pour the green sauce and mix it all together and make breakfast tacos with their homemade tortillas. Your welcome. I would also add a tortilla to the order as they only give you 2, but it's enough for 3 honking breakfast tacos. Also, it's authentic enough to please the hipsters, metros and atheist liberals.

I've only been to andy's after 2am and found them to be just a touch above edible.
Are they better during normal business hours?
I mean, they have stale chips at 2am and their Mexican tastes from a can. Ironically the best thing we've ever had was the pancakes.
So just looking for some input or recs. Do they just do good breakfast?
Their food is very mediocre. But my recommendation is the only thing I will order there. And it's good at 3am or 10am. Although not sure I'd order it for lunch.
El Mero Guero
quote:
I had the same. I've been to Andy's once and I had drank enough where anything should taste good..that place is terrible. No desire to try again.
This is true. Even at 3am it's pretty bad, which is quite an accomplishment.
idAg09
Stripes Taqueria Laredo if you want consistency and a real tortilla that isn't the size of a corn tortilla. Seriously, Houston is hit or miss and that's sad considering all the Mexicans that are here.
sangredevino
There's a place on Fulton just south of 610 called trigos. For you guys that are looking for machacado this is the best one I've found. Tortillas (flour) are solid homemade too. The place is right across from a beer joint.
AgLA06
AG
Stripes?
blinnboy83
Gallo de Jalisco needs a mention for good bfast tacos in the heights...

I can't believe everyone ****ting on Tacos A GoGo. Their bfast tacos are easily the best thing they do IMO. Love the way they do the eggs.

As far as tacos in general, I tried Tacos La Bala off Bellaire recently and everything was delicious, especially trompo.
El Mero Guero
Stripes gas station breakfast tacos in Uvalde are some of the best I have ever had. I can't vouch for the ones here but would assume theyre similar. Eggs and chicharrones FTW.
El Mero Guero

I can't believe everyone ****ting on Tacos A GoGo. Their bfast tacos are easily the best thing they do IMO. Love the way they do the eggs.

It has to be "authentic" to taste good, in the mind of a Hipster. Watered down bland salsa, tortilla chips that could crack your teeth etc. Just like they do it in the 3rd world poverty stricken homeland.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.