Houston
Sponsored by

Cheap but quality dry cleaners in the tine

2,497 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by deadlift
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I currently use CleanSmart over off of Durham or Shepherd. They always do a great job, however they charge 1.79 a shirt. Looking for more affordable options. Whatcha got?
Ag_07
AG
Get a wife and an iron.

Seriously though its a dry cleaner. Just pick one.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
They are not all the same. After years of jumping from one cleaner to the next after they continually ruin my business shirts, I settled on using Gormans. They are hella expensive, but they have never left burn marks, broken buttons, stains, shrinking, tears, etc. Memorial cleaners is the next best at about 90% of Gorman's performance but at about 70% the cost. I'd still be there but they are out of my way.
chiken
AG
For a minute I thought I was reading yet another SAH mom request.

"I would like top quality work but I don't want to pay much for a specialty job. And I need it ASAP."
Martin Q. Blank
Look for ones run by Vietnamese. Indians will nickle and dime. Americans will be too expensive because of the whole minimum wage thing.
Forum Troll
AG
Went to pilgrim once, was a total rip off. Incredibly expensive. Never went back.
Token
AG
West gray cleaners or evergreen cleaners.
keysercade
AG
West Gray Cleaners (on West Gray)

+1, moved up to Oak Forest from Montrose and still use them
MAS444
AG
Eagle cleaners on westheimer at wood head. Nasser is a very good dude who takes good care of his customers.
teecoy
AG
Same boat as you...have used CleanSmart on Sheperd for a couple years...they do a good job but does seem pricey.
Satellite of Love
How many effin work shirts do you own? One way to make it cheaper is to limit the individual number of shirts you own. 1 for every of the day of the year is a bit excessive!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
quote:
How many effin work shirts do you own? One way to make it cheaper is to limit the individual number of shirts you own. 1 for every of the day of the year is a bit excessive!

Five shirts or 55 shirts...So long as you're wearing a shirt once per laundry, your dry cleaning cost doesn't really change does it?
Satellite of Love
I was thinking volume. A few shirts isnt all that expensive at that price.
AggieClays
AG
Shelton Family Cleaners at I10 and Chimney Rock. Shirts are $1.50 and pants are $2.00.

They used to have a groupon for 50% off dry cleaning, thus pants came out to be $1.00.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Shelton Family Cleaners at I10 and Chimney Rock. Shirts are $1.50 and pants are $2.00.

They used to have a groupon for 50% off dry cleaning, thus pants came out to be $1.00.

Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't figure that one out.
wolfpack759
AG
Pants half off
deadlift
Dry Clean Suoer Center drive thru off of Hwy 6 and West if in NW.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.