Houston
Sponsored by

290 Traffic

1,855 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by killbutchereat
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know OTL problems but what is new going on 290 outside the Beltway for the last 10-14 days. Traffic is backing up just inside Barker Cypress and crawls all the way to the Beltway. It was never fast on this stretch, but travel time has basically doubled to almost an hour on this stretch. Is it the effect of the closure of Eldridge and 1960 heading toward the Energy Corridor. Is there some new construction I'm missing? I haven't figured out what is causing the new change but it seems to be consistent every day.
Ag_07
AG
CDUB98
AG
AlaskanAg99
AG
Alex, I'll take "A bad flood" for $5.
Martin Q. Blank
There's no $5 category in Jeopardy.
lne2011
AG
quote:
I know OTL problems but what is new going on 290 outside the Beltway for the last 10-14 days. Traffic is backing up just inside Barker Cypress and crawls all the way to the Beltway. It was never fast on this stretch, but travel time has basically doubled to almost an hour on this stretch. Is it the effect of the closure of Eldridge and 1960 heading toward the Energy Corridor. Is there some new construction I'm missing? I haven't figured out what is causing the new change but it seems to be consistent every day.

jamesf
AG
Isn't Highway 6 still closed through the Ad****s Reservoir? That alone is probably enough to screw up traffic.
Chuck Gay
AG
I believe both highway 6 and Eldridge are still closed. Anyone hear when they might be opened?
Vernada
AG
quote:
I believe both highway 6 and Eldridge are still closed. Anyone hear when they might be opened?
4 weeks
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
There's no $5 category in Jeopardy.

Trebek should charge $5 for obvious questions.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
quote:
4 weeks

That's only if there's no damage that needs to be repaired. Just hope the subsurface hasn't eroded.
Al Bula
AG
Ag_07
AG
mustang6tee8
AG
That one time I started a good thread:

290 SUX
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Jock 07
AG
quote:

clearly a fake
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:

killbutchereat
http://m.chron.com/cars/article/290-SUX-5660091.php
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.