Houston
Sponsored by

B&B Butcher

11,773 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tmaggies
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having lunch there today. What are the thoughts?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
A TexAgs poster is eating there today. I'll report back with vital information after he reports back from his experience.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Dinner was good. Service not so good.
herb96
AG
A-OK
tremble
AG
Service is slow for dinner.

Get the Chef Tommy's Bacon as an appetizer, it's incredible.
David_Puddy
AG
I've only had lunch at the deli......really liked it. I assume you're going to the actual restaurant though.
StillNotAnAggie
I went there on Friday night and had great service and the good was amazing.

Order the Carpetbagger Oysters for an appetizer. They were one of the best apps I have ever had, and can even be ordered alongside your steak. I would go back just for those.

I haven't been for lunch, planning on hitting it up one day later this month, but the place was not cheap be it was worth IMO.

Also, their wine list is crazy, with the most expensive bottle being a 6L magnum that costs 14k...
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
The carpetbaggers are the teets
gigemJTH12
AG
there is an appetizer that is a fried oyster, with a piece of filet, some feta cheese, and other stuff.

sooooo good.
RK
AG
yea, that app was really good. steak was pretty good. not any better than V&A and the like, but it's a pretty different atmosphere than those places, so that may appeal to some.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
there is an appetizer that is a fried oyster, with a piece of filet, some feta cheese, and other stuff.

sooooo good.
that is the carpetbagger
mustang6tee8
AG
Park in B&B Butcher parking lot and walk across the street to The Caddy Shack.
Bondag
AG
quote:
I drive past The Caddy Shack all the time and have never seen a car parked there and it looks empty inside. Does anyone actually go there?
htxag09
AG
quote:
Also, their wine list is crazy, with the most expensive bottle being a 6L magnum that costs 14k...

When we went we weren't drinking so I didn't look too much into it, but the only thing I remember about their wine list was it being crazy overpriced. Even for restaurant standards.

And I'll second the carpetbaggers. Legit.
jetch17
AG
Just looked at the menu, sh*t, im gonna have to go get some of those carpetbaggers for lunch tomorrow
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Just looked at the menu, sh*t, im gonna have to go get some of those carpetbaggers for lunch tomorrow
Goes great with an extra dirty martini, make sure you drink it with your pinkie out
JYDog90
AG
quote:
quote:
I drive past The Caddy Shack all the time and have never seen a car parked there and it looks empty inside. Does anyone actually go there?
Duh! They're all parked in the B&B Butcher lot.
bigjag19
AG
Bacon was tits.

Service was slow.
Jaydoug
AG
The owner is a New Yorker. He frequented Stanton City Bites daily while B&Bs was being built. That's why the B&B burger is so dang good.

Bondag
AG
quote:
The owner is a New Yorker. He frequented Stanton City Bites daily while B&Bs was being built. That's why the B&B burger is so dang good.

Does he weigh 400 pounds? I may need to give it a shot. I usually just walk to stantons when I need a burger.
rosco511
AG
Burger is really good
Stan Crowch
AG
Place is great. Re owner being from New York...in house made bagels coming out of the butcher shop are some of the best in town. Its been my little secret but I'm willing to share it with my Texags friends.
jamaggie06
AG
The cheesecake is legit too. Im not certain but i swear the waiter said the ship it in from New York. True NY cheesecake.
BMX Bandit
What makes it "true"?

Seems like an odd thing to have shipped in
RK
AG
The fact that it's from ny, I'm guessing.
BMX Bandit
Made from real New York cream cheese
Ciboag96
The secret to NY pizza, bagels and cheesecake is the NYC water. Houston water has too much of SJL's ped-egg shavings in it.
Gig-Em2003
AG
quote:
Place is great. Re owner being from New York...in house made bagels coming out of the butcher shop are some of the best in town. Its been my little secret but I'm willing to share it with my Texags friends.

The guy that makes the bagels had a place on the west side called Spring Water Cafe. It was in this decrepit shopping center and the layout of the cafe was beyond weird. It failed miserably and closed down a year ago but the bagels were fantastic.
jamaggie06
AG
Dont know if its true. Dont care. Just what the guy told us. But it was damn good.

Im not a foodie and dont really get into all that, local sourced, trendy, whatever. If its good, i'll eat it.

As others have said, the carpetbaggers or whatever are also delicious.

The steak i had (some special kind of extra expensive filet) was also really good.

Thankfully, i wasnt paying.
gigemJTH12
AG
how did you like it?
Boiling Denim
B&B gets certified Kobe beef. 1 of only 9 in the US

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/B-B-Butchers-receives-Kobe-beef-certification-8384462.php

$220 for 4 ounces...

Anyone gonna try?
BSD
AG
worth it.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Meatloaf is Kobe
AgLA06
AG
quote:
Meatloaf is Kobe

I heard you can grind it up and make a great burger.
Stephen12684
AG
A5 Wagyu Tenderloin, Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan (served table side on pink Himalayan salt block)
$120 | 4 oz
$30 per additional oz

A5 Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
(100% Tajima cattle, the most rare & exclusive beef in the world)
Tenderloin/NewYork Strip/Rib Eye/Rib Cap (Butcher's Butter)
$220 | 4 oz
$55 per additional oz (2 oz increments) - check w/ server for available cuts
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.