Houston
Sponsored by

Syrian Refugees

13,332 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by sts7049
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
There are enough votes in the House to override the veto.
If there is enough backbone in the House to actually do so. I'm still not convinced there is amongst the jellyfish.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB

quote:
I keep trying to tell her that there isn't any difference really between the two, but it's a losing argument for me.
I respectfully disagree that there's no diff between the two. They're both sh**, don't get me wrong. But one is AIDS infested human diarrhea and the other is deer pellets. We deserve better than both, but are better off picking one over the other.
Build It
AG
Have our county officials voiced their opinion on the refugee invasion?
txaggie02
AG
quote:
what was the title of this thread again?

Should be "sts is a fuggin moron". Didn't take but one post to confirm that. This country is full of idiots with head up ass disease.
sts7049
AG
hey, i'm not the one living in paranoid fear. but, go right ahead if that's how you want to live your life.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
You people are bigots, racists, xenophobes, (insert several other favorite liberal hot words here) if you don't want these fun loving people living with you.

Buck O Five
AG
quote:
You people are bigots, racists, xenophobes, (insert several other favorite liberal hot words here) if you don't want these fun loving people living with you.

Powerful video, although some parts appear edited to show scenes from different regions with the implication that it's occurring in Europe.
schmellba99
AG
quote:

quote:
I keep trying to tell her that there isn't any difference really between the two, but it's a losing argument for me.
I respectfully disagree that there's no diff between the two. They're both sh**, don't get me wrong. But one is AIDS infested human diarrhea and the other is deer pellets. We deserve better than both, but are better off picking one over the other.
Soooo.....your argument is that there is a "good" end to a turd?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
http://www.vice.com/read/eagles-of-death-metal-discuss-paris-terror-attacks?utm_source=vicefbus

Interview with Eagles of Death Metal.

It is hard to describe what that interview is like.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
and here we are importing more muslims

quote:
San Bernardino, California (CNN) [Breaking news update at 12:13 p.m. ET]

San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook was in touch over the phone and via social media with more than one international terrorism subject who the FBI were already investigating, law enforcement officials said.
It appears that Farook was radicalized, which contributed to his motive, though other things like workplace grievances may have also played a role, other law enforcement sources said.
Build It
AG
Texas backed down from the Fed. Syrians on their way.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
Wouldn't it be ideal to have a form of government where we had a choice before they dump thousands of refugees with potential terrorists in our neighborhoods. We also get the privledge of paying for them probably for a generation or 2 on welfare.

1 in 4 in Houston were not born in the US. This is a much different place than just 10 or 15 years ago.
I wasn't born in the US.... What does that have to do with anything?
Build It
AG
Simply a comment that Houston is more culturaly diverse than ever. Not a bad thing except for the continued settlement of middle eastern immigrants and refugees that don't assimilate and become Americans. Our cultures are not compatible.

No slight intended for those who came legally.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
There was nothing for Texas to back down from. Texas never had a shot of denying these refugees, it is outside of their power to do so.
Build It
AG
We withdrew a losing lawsuit you are correct. Our attorney general is not a fighter.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
There was nothing for Texas to back down from. Texas never had a shot of denying these refugees, it is outside of their power to do so.
Yeah, that whole 10th amendment just gets in the way of things. Surprised the feds haven't found a way to just repeal it.
Build It
AG
It doesn't seem to get in their way one bit.
sts7049
AG
quote:
Simply a comment that Houston is more culturaly diverse than ever. Not a bad thing except for the continued settlement of middle eastern immigrants and refugees that don't assimilate and become Americans. Our cultures are not compatible.

No slight intended for those who came legally.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.