Houston
Sponsored by

Looking for place for daughter to live

10,912 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by litig8r187
HBCanine08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
One of my friends is a legislative director. He is busy right now
that life sucks. Worked at the capitol during a legislative session...never again.
Silvy
AG
Na, I wouldn't mind.
litig8r187
AG
Still no Silvy. I've spent too much time lurking on the automotive board (race truck, 'publican, etc).
UndergroundAg
quote:
quote:
One of my friends is a legislative director. He is busy right now
that life sucks. Worked at the capitol during a legislative session...never again.

GPaggie10
AG
Clicked on this thread solely for a Rule #1. Once again gravely disappointed by the lack of rule adherence around here.
Silvy
Jock 07
AG
quote:
litig8r187
Is that what's on your license plate?
litig8r187
AG
That's a few too many numbers. I don't have vanity plates. I am aware of the plate LITIG8R in Houston though.
187um killa
South Platte
Used 2013 Challenger? I had an 11 year old Buick Regal. I guess "used car" has varying definitions.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
That's a few too many numbers. I don't have vanity plates. I am aware of the plate LITIG8R in Houston though.

He's right. See it, often.
litig8r187
AG
In my job, I have seen dramatic difference in how a 15 year old car/truck performs in a crash vs a newer model vehicle. No question what I prefer for my kids as long as I can afford it.

Since I have the ability to buy a safer newer car for my daughters, I worry less about them in a crash and I worry less about it breaking down on them.

My oldest drove 100 mile round trip 3 nights a week to play club soccer. She also drove 100+ miles to games on weekends. I bought her a 2006 Charger in 2009 for just over $18K. I wasn't interested in some POS 12 year old car breaking down on her in BFE at 11:00 PM. She is still driving the same car (albeit with a new bored and stroked 426 Hemi in it).
swimmerbabe11
I think she sounds like a perfect roommate for Silvy.
BMX Bandit
doesn't "used" only have one meaning in car buying? "previously owned"
Silvy
Ag_07
AG
quote:
My oldest drove 100 mile round trip 3 nights a week to play club soccer. She also drove 100+ miles to games on weekends. I bought her a 2006 Charger in 2009 for just over $18K. I wasn't interested in some POS 12 year old car breaking down on her in BFE at 11:00 PM. She is still driving the same car (albeit with a new bored and stroked 426 Hemi in it).

Congrats I guess?

Now did we this broad a roomie yet?
litig8r187
AG
quote:
I think she sounds like a perfect roommate for Silvy.
I may be new to the "Tine" board but I'm a frequent flyer on the automotive board ........ no
Silvy
AG
Does she prefer Mad Dog or Cisco?
swimmerbabe11
At least he is a lover and not a fighter.
AggieC07
AG
I think its going to be extremely difficult to find anywhere decent ITL for under $1,000.

I'd suggest finding a room mate and looking in the Rice Village area (you could find a 2 bed in upper kirby area or rice village for around $2K). I live in midtown and its hit or miss with a lot of riff raff - same with Washington.

I haven't looked over in the museum district/medical district but there could be some finds over there, anyone have any experience over in that area (Herman Park)?
litig8r187
AG
quote:

Shiner Bock, Shocktop, Traveler beer or tequila (good tequila). She's not much of a wine drinker.

Thanks AggieCO7, that is consistent with what she is finding.

She is home for a month so the real search begins now.
Ag_07
AG
Best bet would small garage apartment somewhere.

Don't think you can find an apartment complex for that price.

Hit HAR, Greensheet, and craigslist hard for garage apartment listings.
swimmerbabe11
Had she needed a roommate starting last month I seriously would have been down, but its too late now.

However, from experience, set up an HAR search to hit your inbox every morning at 7am.
Make calls that morning and be ready to go see it that day with application in hand.

You won't find anything under 1,000 that isn't a complete ****hole if you aren't ready to pay the deposit basically the same day.
gougler08
AG
The fact that people come to this board looking for advice, and then get butthurt when 90% of the answers are sarcastic and not helpful, really amazes me
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Still no Silvy. I've spent too much time lurking on the automotive board (race truck, 'publican, etc).
We've wondered where you've been.

And, silvy - HAHAHAHAHA
swimmerbabe11
Silvy has been nothing but a perfect gentleman to me!

btw, did Silvy's Slam Shop ever happen? I'll have you know I lurk automotive board.
Silvy
AG
quote:
quote:

Shiner Bock, Shocktop, Traveler beer or tequila (good tequila). She's not much of a wine drinker.

If she likes tequila, Thunderbird would likely be her wine of choice.
agz win
AG
I'd look over around Bell Park off Montrose for garage apts and small complexes. It's a good location.
litig8r187
AG
A few years ago, I came home after being gone the weekend and found where she had mixed most of a handle of Grey Goose with half gallon of Blue Bell orange sherbet and ate damn near the whole damn thing.

It was one of those parenting moments where you are really pissed off but somewhat amused too.

She grew up in Navasota (The Nasty) so screw top wines and 44 ounce malt liquor are certainly within her realm of experiences.
swimmerbabe11
Fine, fine, so they aren't allowed to live together. When are you setting them up on their first date?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
A few years ago, I came home after being gone the weekend and found where she had mixed most of a handle of Grey Goose with half gallon of Blue Bell orange sherbet and ate damn near the whole damn thing.

It was one of those parenting moments where you are really pissed off but somewhat amused too.

She grew up in Navasota (The Nasty) so screw top wines and 44 ounce malt liquor are certainly within her realm of experiences.
Sounds like a classy broad
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Fine, fine, so they aren't allowed to live together. When are you setting them up on their first date?
Lit, ignore her. We do.
Silvy
AG
Screw you man, she's doing good things.
The Wonderer
swimmerbabe11
Wonderer is just mad cause I like his girl more than him

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.