Houston
Sponsored by

So...about that 5-6" of rain in Houston

21,400 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mt3950
DuncanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had pea sized hail about 20 mins ago in Memorial area and now it shows Rummel Creek over its banks...not good for homeowners over there.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Says 4.5 in the last hour
tremble
AG
Buffalo Bayou getting pretty full
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
4-5 inches in the Heights and west Houston in the past 3 hours.
That's all?

I went out to save my lumber and the water is now 4" deep in my garage with water all the way to the street. The sidewalk is under more than a foot of water.
Cromagnum
AG
0" here just south of Pearland.
mosesrab90
AG
I'm almost finished with my ark ... This is nuts
Westicles
AG
Halfway up my yard in West Houston. Neighbor has a trailer in the street and it's over the hubcaps. This sh-t sucks.
Post removed:
by user
Aggielandma12
AG
No signs of slowing down in the next 60 minutes either
reb,
AG
quote:
Watching rockets on Internet since satellite is out, but Van Gundy just mentioned some thunder. Haha
he said "i make it rain" too. ugh.
Bondag
AG
quote:
Watching rockets on Internet since satellite is out, but Van Gundy just mentioned some thunder. Haha
I am counting lightening to thunder. That strike was about 2 seconds to thunder which would place it over Toyota Center. Seems to have calmed down a little in last 5 minutes or so.
gougler08
AG
Montrose and Dallas / Gray is completely washed out, 2 cars stalled in front of me and I almost lost control of my SUV, it's nuts
Serotonin
AG
quote:
That's all?

I went out to save my lumber and the water is now 4" deep in my garage with water all the way to the street. The sidewalk is under more than a foot of water.
I think the gauges could be inaccurate given how much rain has accumulated in a short amount of time.
Al Bula
AG
would suck to be leaving the rockets game tonight.
reb,
AG
quote:
would suck to be leaving the rockets game tonight.
Ag$08
Any flooding in the homes in that area?
gougler08
AG
Downtown is below my house (Montrose and Gray) and my street is pretty wet, im sure downtown is flooded
W
AG
the flooding is getting real in downtown. Seems like the storm has been parked overhead for an hour & a half now
Dr. Faustus
AG
I'm just north of Washington Ave, and my truck is currently sitting in 2.5 feet of water.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
We don't even have freaking water in the curbs here in Cypress, I guess we aren't getting that much rain. Is our rain runoff system better?
Ryan the Temp
AG
Potential bad news for Timbergrove. White Oak Bayou at Ella is at 44' (up 20' in an hour) and the entire White Oak watershed is getting hammered.
Serotonin
AG
Cromagnum, I hope you post on A&M Football in a few months as soon as we're down by a touchdown to Bama. You have the magic touch.
wessimo
AG
quote:
Potential bad news for Timbergrove. White Oak Bayou at Ella is at 44' (up 20' in an hour) and the entire White Oak watershed is getting hammered.
Where are you getting this info?
gougler08
AG
quote:

Buffalo bayou has to be getting there soon
Serotonin
AG
quote:
quote:
Where are you getting this info?
http://www.harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/530?R=1
Zemira
AG
Please don't get out on a road unless you have to. I remember the flooding from Allison and unless you need to be don't go out and put yourself in danger.
wessimo
AG
Yikes. I was following this one: http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=HGX&gage=HGTT2
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
White Oak Bayou at Heights Boulevard is close to coming out of its banks, too: http://www.harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/520?R=1
Ryan the Temp
AG
Suck your ass ...

Kay's Lounge
AG
We have some water coming into our garage and it's over the first step at our front door... At 9th and Lawrence.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Massive OP fail
Ryan the Temp
AG
We retrieved the bridge from in front of my house two doors down and floated it back to the house.
Serotonin
AG
Trash and recycling...gone
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
today would be a perfect day to dump a body

-E
cwpaggie07
AG
Briar forest and kirkwood area checking in. Flash flood emergency. Water is over the sidewalk, hopefully doesn't make it to the house...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.