Houston
Sponsored by

Good live music venues (not concerts)

2 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dreyOO
dreyOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I should have asked this earlier, but my wife and I love restaurants or bars with some live music or entertainment. What are this board's favorites? We're ok with driving a bit if someone can actually put on a good show or keep an evening moving. Tired of the movies.

tia
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
What kind of music?
dreyOO
anything but rap. something involving instruments
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The Corkscrew on 20th has a side room with some kind of live music at least once a week.

Live Oak Grill on Hempstead has bands (I think) on Weds and Friday nights doing mostly covers, country to classic rock.

Hickory Hollow in the Heights used to advertise bluegrass.

Cavatore Italian on Ella sometimes has a keyboard and singer type deal.

May think of others. Always check websites AND call ahead for details before driving.

Those are casual restaurants. There are a ton of bars with random or weekly free shows.
aTm2004
AG
What part of town are you in? Kings Harbor in Kingwood has live concerts every first and third Friday throughout the summer by Lake Houston. Just bring your chair (not sure about alcohol).

http://kings-harbor.com/events
BarryProfit
Mucky Duck
blinnboy83
Thursdays at Discovery Green are fun when they're having their seasonal free show series.

Main Street Crossing is a good place for a show in Tomball, as is Dosey Doe in the Woodlands l, and Mucky Duck in the loop if you like folk/acoustic/roots type stuff.
moss01
AG
Last Concert Cafe (downtown) is a good place for live music in a very laid back atmosphere.
jetch17
AG
Under the volcano usually has regular live acts to accompany your frozen screwdriver
Tormentos
AG
I've seen some good shows at danelectros...people watching is usually good as well....
MAROON
AG
Mucky Duck
Continental Club
Ryan the Temp
AG
Andalucia is a tapas place next to House of Blues. They have great flamenco dancers and music for entertainment. It's a lot of fun if you are looking for something a little different.
MAS444
AG
Dan electros and last concert for good hippie music . Big easy for blues. Cezanne above black lab for jazz.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Big easy for blues.

I like the free Zydeco show there Sunday nights, but I don't know how that crowd would go over with Tine board people.
swimmerbabe11
If you are on west side Watson's is easily the best bar OTL. They have a great patio and decent live music.
Texaggie7nine
Birraporettis downtown on Sunday mornings.
Jax Grill on Shepard on Friday nights.
Batanga downtown Wed-Sun nights

If you want to drop some big money Trulucks and Rainbow Lodge usually have live music in the evening
7nine
ChipFTAC01
AG
What's the place upstairs from the black lab? Pizzaros? Degas? Some painter.

They have live jazz there sometimes. Very chill
ChipFTAC01
AG
Cezanne

http://www.cezannejazz.com/
et98
AG
Dinner and a show at Dosey Doe can't be beat.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
What kind of crowd is it?
dreyOO
Thanks for the recs BTW. I knew a good number of these but had forgotten. That's how frequently we've been getting out these days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.